Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Caps are still the same, afaik.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Caps are the same (or they were as of that change and I'm not aware of any further changes).
  • So if the cap is still 2.1s for a lvl1/2 dirk, then ...
    15 dex with 1 lvl1 dirk is 2.32
    15 dex with a lvl2 dirk is 2.12s  (only .02s off the cap)
    16 dex with a lvl1 dirk is 2.18s
    16 dex with a lvl2 dirk is 2.04s  (Wasting .06s)

Just working out what is optimal before upgrading to a lvl 2...

Seems like lvl2 with 15 dex is the better option as there's not too much gain from taking the extra point in dex, may as well work it so I can put it into con.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I sold my level 2 dirk to upgrade boots to level 2. Dex effects all the good stuff for serpent. Granted, I have thoths when I don't have lash
  • Austere said:
    I sold my level 2 dirk to upgrade boots to level 2. Dex effects all the good stuff for serpent. Granted, I have thoths when I don't have lash
    Sorry, you have confused me a bit, you sold your level two dirk, although you still have Thoth's? As in lvl three dirk, or is there some other artefact/item around now called Thoth's?
  • I think he has a morphing weapon, which can turn into any L3 artefact weapon. So if he doesn't have it turned into a lash, he has it turned into a dirk.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sena said:
    I think he has a morphing weapon, which can turn into any L3 artefact weapon. So if he doesn't have it turned into a lash, he has it turned into a dirk.
    Wow didn't know that was a thing. Custom and highly expensive, I would assume?

• They've been auctioned a couple times, and were in giftbags (as a very rare prize) a couple times.
  • @Antonius
    How much does your purity do against a dragon with as much magic resistance buffs as they can stack when you're in a typical Paladin spec?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited April 2017
    Sena said:
    I think he has a morphing weapon, which can turn into any L3 artefact weapon. So if he doesn't have it turned into a lash, he has it turned into a dirk.
    Right. When I bought it, I already had level 2. I kept level 2 for when I'm hunting or forget to morph on class change.  When dex was reworked, I had level 1 boots, so I went ahead and traded the dirk to upgrade.  If I didn't have morphing and had to choose today, I'd still get the boots. Garrote time alone makes it worth it.  Phase, bites, dstab.. all the good stuff is effected by dex. The only time I'd go dirk is if you're pure pk focused and intend to get thoths in the future.  Even then, having more dex lets you spec for con. This is not to say thoths is underrated.  Thoths is ridiculously good.  I just found dex almost as good and way more flexible personally
  • Wait... Bards have a harmonic that literally prevents any sort of offensive attack from going through for a duration??

Nehmrah resides in a safe area, and you are unable to perform aggressive acts on someone there.

• Taryius said:
    Wait... Bards have a harmonic that literally prevents any sort of offensive attack from going through for a duration??

Nehmrah resides in a safe area, and you are unable to perform aggressive acts on someone there.

Yeah. Pax. It affects the bard and others equally though. The duration is 1-2 seconds at a time and it procs at totally random intervals iirc.
  • Taryius said:
    Wait... Bards have a harmonic that literally prevents any sort of offensive attack from going through for a duration??

It's annoying as shit when it's done in a big group. Don't allow any offensive action and it really messes with people. I will personally target you if I know you put it up.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Does pax stop timed instakills that proc during it?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Does pax stop timed instakills that proc during it?
    I doubt it. It isn't peace. It just won't let you engage or do anything. But it's just a doubt, unconfirmed.
  • Daeir said:
    Pax musicalis is one of those insanely broken mechanics that nobody has ever leveraged properly in a fight, so it stays untouched. Kind of like shamans and negation gems or hallucination parsing to locate people through gems and veils.

I wouldn't really call Pax OP. It's not used much because it affects the bard's offense too. Bard is already a pretty dominant momentum class, so there's not much need.

I don't know what you even mean by hallucination parsing.

• edited April 2017
    I've used negation gems.

It's not that strong. Para stops it.
  • edited April 2017
    Amranu said:
    I've used negation gems.

It's not that strong. Para stops it.

That's like saying Bedevil isn't strong because para stops it (or lifestones, lol). And Bedevil has a huge cooldown. Gem has none afaik.

By comparison, Fool Tarot is also stopped by paralysis, heals 3 afflictions, and has a 40 second cooldown.

Gem heals all afflictions and has no cooldown. If you're paralysed, eat magnesium. You should never be locked if you're using gem smartly. Against classes that rely purely on afflictions, it seems pretty OP to me.

• You're leaving out the part where gem removes all defenses. That can actually screw you: no mindseye, cloak, swiftcurse, etc etc. afterwards. Fool might have a cooldwon, but it doesn't have any negative effects.
  • Amranu said:
    You're leaving out the part where gem removes all defenses. That can actually screw you: no mindseye, cloak, swiftcurse, etc etc. afterwards. Fool might have a cooldwon, but it doesn't have any negative effects.

Yeah, except those defenses don't actually make any difference at all in a lot of circumstances. Mindseye only matters if you need to keep blindness up, and even then, only if you need to run, pretty much. It's not going to get you killed if you're just gemming to cure affs to stay alive. Cloak also only could get you killed if you had to run.
  • Yeah you can also burst if you don't like gem. 
  • Does Loop in Aeonics replace the venom on a scythe or do you afflict with timeloop, the venom, and the instill?
  • It replaces the venom. So you timeloop/instill.
  • And boosted loop will afflict with loop/instill/instill

So boosted loop + degeneration would be timeloop/clumsiness/weariness [I think that's the affs degen gives before para... been a while since ive played Ryzeth]
  • edited May 2017
    Syntax:            SKETCH ISAZ ON GROUND
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Cooldown:          4.00 seconds of balance
    Details:
     Inks required: 1 Blue, 1 Red
    Symbol: Flurry of Lightning Bolts

When sketched upon the ground, this rune calls forth a rumbling from the
    earth to unbalance your enemies.

Additionally, you will be able to enhance your abilities with an
    empowered weapon, allowing you to prevent enemies from fleeing your
    grasp. This must be used in conjunction with the engage ability in
    chivalry.

-----------------

Can someone explain what the second part of this means?
  • Talroth said:
    Syntax:            SKETCH ISAZ ON GROUND
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Cooldown:          4.00 seconds of balance
    Details:
     Inks required: 1 Blue, 1 Red
    Symbol: Flurry of Lightning Bolts

When sketched upon the ground, this rune calls forth a rumbling from the
    earth to unbalance your enemies.

Additionally, you will be able to enhance your abilities with an
    empowered weapon, allowing you to prevent enemies from fleeing your
    grasp. This must be used in conjunction with the engage ability in
    chivalry.

-----------------

Can someone explain what the second part of this means?
    If you are engaged to a target, and you have an isaz on the ground, there is a chance that you will break the engage and knock the target to the ground. (You will have to engage again after this). This is Runewarden's piety/gravehands similarity.
  • "Empowered weapon" also suggests that you have to be using a runeblade, so it won't work if you don't have that ability in Runelore or haven't empowered your weapon.
  • I may be mistaken, but does it add a short stun as well if engage/isaz triggers the hinder?
  • Wow, didn't realize that.  I'll have to play with it when I go runie.

• Kogan said:
    I may be mistaken, but does it add a short stun as well if engage/isaz triggers the hinder?
    Pretty sure it knocks off balance. Or knocks prone, can't entire remember which.