(Another) Character Questionnaire

124»

Comments

1. Name: Kythra de Wydd
    2. Age: 38
    3. Height: Average for Atavians
    4. Eye color: Sharp Green (Described as cut emeralds)
    5. Physical appearance: Dainty, formal, lady-like structure and pose, long white wings, pale features and small curves.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Uh, nope. Fairly normal.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: A gown or dress, long gloves, her parasol (subrella), her fan, her sandals or riding boots.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Mhaldor the City of Evil! It's a strict militaristic hierarchy that appeals to her nature.
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Twists her parasol, fans herself, idly runs her tongue over her top fangs in disbelief she is a serpent now. Tends to like to tilt her head quite often while talking to show she's engaged and listening. Rubs the tip of her nose with the palm of her hand when frustrated or annoyed. Chews on a single strand of hair when in deep thought. (Kyrra tried to break that habit. Was cute. :c)
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Her height, to appear taller and more 'regal.'
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Usually slow, consistent speech when with her Exemplar or superiors. When with friends she may have a much faster speech or a more carefree and happy-go-lucky kind of speech.
    12. Pet peeves: Harlots/whores/bed warmers. Fake and shallow women who make Sireni's look bad. (She used to be a Siren). Cowards who don't know how to fight yet insist they can but only use a coward's method to fight. Certain Serpents come to mind.
    13. Fondest memory: Meeting Kyrra and Khairt, being at her first Storm Cleansing, being at the top of Sapience with Kyrra and giving her a Sky Wyrm!
    14. Hobbies/interests: Combat, Ritualism, Alchemy, Missionary work.
    15. Special skills/abilities: Swears like a sailor.
    16. Insecurities: Not making her parents proud, getting stuck and being uncertain how to ask for help, and not being good enough for or unable to live up to her auntie's standards to make her proud.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Can be oblivious. Is impatient and gets ahead of herself. Asks a question then halfway through someone explaining asks another question.
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Lady-like and usually always formal around her superiors and in Mhaldor. Unless it comes to Eleusis and certain people, which triggers her and sets her off. 
    19. Negative traits: Overly hasty, has a slow learning curve, gets upset if she feels she disappointed someone.
    20. Things that upset him or her: Being underestimated, being ignored, and losing friends.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Over affection or anything too sexual suggestive spoken aloud (which happens a lot at CC, so she avoids that place now)
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: That Mhaldor is the Holy City, refuses to see any other City(or Village) as worthwhile. 
    23. Any phobias? Outside of disliking how ships feel, she has one no one has stumbled upon, and I don't wish to ruin it!
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Her family, winning skirmishes, proving people wrong, doing work that needs to be done or others are too busy to do.
    25. Family (describe): Child of Academician @Khairt and @Kyrra de Wydd, she was raised in Cyrene to be a proper lady in a manners/boarding school. They both care for her immensely and so she cares back for them a great deal and always rushes to see them in an unlady-like fashion whenever they come about. (Usually breaking into a running hug upon arrival to their room) was given a great deal of support and affection when she chose to go West, and believes she couldn't of made it without them after departing Ashtan. She still considers @Lala and @Atalkez her parents in law, despite not marrying Khel in the end and tries to talk to them now and then. Sees her Exemplar @Melodie as her mother figure currently with Kyrra gone, seeks her approval or likes to playfully banter with her, or approach her when she has a problem. Holds her 'auntie' @Taraus in very high esteem and looks up to her a great deal.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: Woah now. 
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Because secrets are best kept hidden is her personal belief.
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Eleusis probably hates the piss out of her, which she takes pride in. She's respected by combatants everywhere, and is hopefully trusted and reliable enough for tasks and orders to be done in the Holy City. 
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: She is obsessed with her mother's panpipes. Makes songs based around them. Also enjoys the harp a great deal.
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: N/A
    32. Favorite books: Anything with a female hero that starts as a servant, peasant, or something lowly and ordinary.
    33. Favorite foods: Mangoes.
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: Humgii Racing. Though she'll never tell anyone.
    35. Political views: She's a bit too timid to get into or dip her feet into the world of politics currently, so she forms no real opinion outside of what the Lord or Tyrannus says, goes.
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: Wishes to eventually be Sartai but her philosophy is otherwise to be a lady where it is appropriate and a killer when it is needed. Her Exemplar, Melodie, even commented how she's an odd mix of the two.
    37. Physical health: Very fit, perfectly capable.
    38. Dream vacation: Her bedroom. She would have to go on a ship to go on a vacation, so she'll just spend time in her room and read or something.
    39. Description of his or her house: She doesn't have one.
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: She apparently has one, but uh, can't remember how to get to her home so she talks about her bedroom, but then admits she has no idea where it is!
    41. Any pets? Her death adder. Oh, and a seal pup!
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Becoming bloodlined to Kyrra and Khairt, Khelthra, joining Mhaldor.
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Losing Khelthra and losing Twins. (So nothing too bad to her, yet!)
    44. Superstitions: Believes in Karma a great deal. Always in fear when something good happens that a big invisible boot is waiting to kick her ass when she's bent over.
    45. Three words to describe this character: "Lady but crazy"
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? (If it's just her in Mhaldor walking into room and not combat then...) 

Alright @Khel Remember the promise you made to me? That if I did this, then you would too? Ha! I'll be waiting for your post!
    Was too hard to do it back when Kythra was 21 since she had no real.. Establishment. It's been 20 IG years since making her, so I think this'd be fun to do!
    This was also weird to do because I don't excuse Kythra's actions because of IC/OoC, but she's also very very different from me in a lot of ways. So her raging can be attributed from me, but getting to RP a very formal, dedicated lady-like is fun because it's just not me. Mhaldor is so amazing for character growth and development.
    I encourage everyone to do one of these with a character early on, then slowly edit it when you're more established and see the parallels from yourself, give yourself a pat on the back. :)
    1. Name: Khel
    2. Age: 
    3. Height: Pretty short
    4. Eye color: 
    5. Physical appearance: The scruffy cat you see on the side of the road in the rain, but not cute enough to pick up out of pity so you just leave it there to be grumpy and damp.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Missing a tail, doesn't have all his teeth and the ones he does have are crooked. Will never open his mouth to smile.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Will wear whatever is given to him. Usually winds up with a rainbow kilt.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Mhaldor. Just joined, not had time to play to find out.
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.):  Pokes his cheek with his tongue, tilts his head a lot
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Height or at least build, dragon's nice since he gets to be bigger than normal.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.):  Lazy speech pattern, uses big words wrong sometimes, ignores grammar and uses double negatives frequently. Says 'yeah' often, as either a start to a sentence or an end, yeah?
    12. Pet peeves: Bad liars
    13. Fondest memory: 2v4ing Targossas at Ashtan's gates by whoring hangedman. So little effort for a win!
    14. Hobbies/interests: Combat
    15. Special skills/abilities: Being irritating
    16. Insecurities: Abandonment issues, after everyone important in his life ditched Ashtan within a RL week of one another.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Yeah, yeah? Also likes stuff and things, regardless of quality (but gaudy is good).
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Grumpy, lazy. Will stand in place for hours at a time given the chance, just because he likes to watch the world move.
    19. Negative traits: Lazy
    20. Things that upset him or her: Given he's always grumping, everything? Or nothing, I suppose.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: People doting on him, his teeth
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Ships are stupid, people belong on land.
    23. Any phobias? Will vomit all over you and your stupid boat.
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Standing in place, winning a fight, getting stuff.
    25. Family (describe): @Aesi for the brother he kind of side-eyes to judge his own progress, @Lala for the clothing/motherly doting, @Atalkez for the father/combat lessons. @Ethoas and @Hirst for the violent uncles.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: Doesn't really keep secrets. Even if he steals something, he'll fess up to it - you're just not getting it back.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: -
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?):  Apathy probably, which is fine by him. He irritated a few people a few times, but mostly he's just under foot.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Silence
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: Tom and Jerry
    32. Favorite books: Like he can even read
    33. Favorite foods: Anything
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: N/A
    35. Political views: Do whatever someone in charge tells him to do, so long as he has his fun who cares about the rest?
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: You have your fun, because I'm going to do everything to have mine. Nothing matters much after that.
    37. Physical health: Scrawny, not sickly.
    38. Dream vacation: N/A
    39. Description of his or her house: N/A
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: Didn't bother describing it, just a room with a stack of personal things piled to the roof.
    41. Any pets? A goat he got just to make puns (you got his goat, just kidding around, etc. etc.)
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Khelthra, leeching dragons to dragon
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Everyone quitting Ashtan all at once
    44. Superstitions: Doesn't lie is the closest thing I could think of. Less it's against his code, more because every lie after the first is less powerful.
    45. Three words to describe this character: Grumpy cat, yeah?
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?  I don't know, but I bet he'd be sick of it in a week.
    Paid my dues, @Kythra!
  • edited June 2016
    Exelethril said:
    1. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Idk

Dude.  I just pictured Exelethril as an anime character.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Averi said:
    Exelethril said:
    1. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Idk

Dude racist

• edited June 2016
    Trey said:
    Averi said:
    Exelethril said:

Dude racist

I can't be racist.  I have asian friends. :P  

On a more serious note, I probably watch too much anime.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XL0KE0Njb0
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Well, I got tagged and got into reading these, which mind my mind whirl and ponder and now it won't rest until I finish this... so may as well post it. Damn you, @Kythra.

1. Name: Melodie Ancyrion is what she'd call herself now, though formally a Le'Murzen before being ousted from the family. Cholla'Yi blood is the only other name she'll claim.
    2. Age: 312
    3. Height: Just shy of five feet.
    4. Eye color: Cerulean blue, though they shift to icy when she's angry or all emotion is deadened (both rare events).
    5. Physical appearance: Graceful, curvy, regal, petite. Fiery curls that unrestrained have a mind of their own - she generally restrains them into some hairstyle, though.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: A pear-cut ruby embedded in her forehead as a family tradition. Otherwise starkly normal, which is what she prefers.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: As a child, dresses and skirts with blouses, which and where depending. As she's grown older, she generally sticks to gowns, though that's had a recent break in tradition for reasons. In youth she wore almost all white, and grew very colorful throughout life, but especially in sea-related colors - but again, her present wear is a break in tradition. Her clothing (and hairstyle) reflects "periods" of her life, moods and mindsets that are expressed in subtle carefully-tailored pieces.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Mhaldor, the city of Evil. Strictly militaristic, with corpses and blood and red fog. Mhaldor has a surface of formality but honesty, with an undertone of restrained humour. It suits her very well.
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.):  Dipping her head in greeting/farewell/reverence, folding her hands behind her when she's feeling charming, lifting an eyebrow when curious or wanting to know more, griping when annoyed, snorting in amusement or disbelief, and rolling her eyes for the same purposes.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She sometimes quietly misses her wings from when she was atavian, and her slimmer figure. But that's only occasionally. She's generally happy with how she is, and if she's not, she works to change it.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.):  She speaks with a flowing, cultured accent that was ingrained in her from boarding school. It's smooth and lilting, and easy to shift in tone from cold to sultry to whatever she feels like. 
    12. Pet peeves: Manipulative dishonesty, over-inflated egos with no redeeming qualities (to her), petty malicious gossip (whether true or false), people who unnecessarily invade her privacy. Vulgarity (not swearing, but the more offensive actions) in public. Public affection from overly-sweet couples, increasing in intensity with the more people who are present. People with terrible attitudes.
    13. Fondest memory: It is almost impossible to pick a single one for eternity, but at the time of this writing with her current mindset, probably the moment anger melted and turned into a kiss in the chapel, and the hesitant innocence of it. A particular ritual Saeva did for her is also a high contender.
    14. Hobbies/interests: Writing on multiple platforms (letters, books, histories, stories, designs for crafting, etc), teaching the youth of Mhaldor (but especially her few students), conversations with citymates and heathens alike, sharing lessons based on her own experiences, anything seafaring when she's able, learning more history to add to her ever-expanding understanding of the lore of Achaea, slaughtering heathens with her citymates, occasional spots of hunting, design of all crafts, drawing, painting, music (voice/harp/piano), quiet contemplation in beautiful places.
    15. Special skills/abilities: Connecting with people, which has done her as much ill as good over the years. She's very good at it, especially as people and how they're made up and how they think absolutely fascinate her. As well, the ability to retain her ability to feel emotions as strongly as she ever has despite her surroundings, though she's had to learn how to cloak them better (still a continuing struggle).
    16. Insecurities: Her decision for the "red wedding", at least the central purpose in her mind, completely failed in every way imaginable, and remains her largest insecurity to date. What Neraeos will think of her actions when he returns to Sapience. Being a disappointment to the people that matter. The last big one, which was leaving priesthood, is one she's managed to put completely to bed, even if she misses it.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Will not wear trousers. Uncomfortable in the presence of guardian angels. Clothing habits reflecting "periods" of her life as described above. Will not spit in disgust, or at all. Extremely curious, often to her own detriment, and will go out of her way to understand something/someone that piques her interest enough. Dismissive of sweets, though there are some exceptions.  
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Pleasant, charming, honest, blunt. Very private person when it comes to her own life. Formality with strangers, but humorous in situations and people she's comfortable with. Very difficult to anger. Trusts too easily. Curious to a very dubious fault (as mentioned above), which has gotten her into the majority of her struggles and peril, as well as some of her greatest joys and memories.
    19. Negative traits: Extremely stubborn. Despite outward confidence, the lack of a backbone for certain situations or people can cripple her. Averse (but not opposed) to gore, which is a common part of Mhaldor. Hates confrontation with people she cares about/respects greatly/looks up to, and will avoid it as much as possible. Easily stressed, and does not handle stress very well. Tends to take things personally/to heart when she shouldn't. Very picky in many facets. Bit of a snob.
    20. Things that upset him or her: People she doesn't know trying to dig into her personal life and decisions. Discussing her ex-husband with anyone save her children. Having too many things to do to the point of feeling overwhelmed (this is an OOC one as well). Disappointing the people that matter. Succumbing to certain weaknesses she knows better to avoid. Thinking too much about some decisions.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Discussing her life with a group of people (as is occasionally necessary). Anything sexual-related at all in public. Discussing certain scars. Blushing. Sudden and unexpected heartfelt compliments from people she doesn't know well.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: All heathen cities (for one reason or another) except Hashan. Mhaldor and the Truths. Her family. Nereian lore. PDA.
    23. Any phobias? Despite its symbol being present in her House representations, she has a fear of spiders. 
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Her children, deep connections with people, her curiosity being momentarily sated, seeing her students succeed, seeing certain people die, thoughtful presents (which do not need to be physical items - "presents" come in many forms), conversations that last for several Achaean days without either side minding, tea, almost anything sea-related, recognition for hard work (though she never purposefully seeks it, it still makes her very happy).
    25. Family (describe): Born Melodie Le'Murzen to Keahi Le'Murzen and Tyndaryn Windsong. Parents divorced early in life - her father claimed he never wanted her, only her mother, so she retains a deep mistrust of him. Very close to her mother and grandmother Cree, never really knew any of her siblings and will not acknowledge any bloodlined siblings her father sired with other women after splitting from her mother. Despite this, she acknowledges (and cherishes) Skye as her sister, even if not by blood. Way too many cousins. Half a dozen or so children, in order from oldest to youngest - Daklore, Tessa, Aeryllin/Oriias (twins), Saeva, Cynders. First four from her first marriage to Glynn Sparrow, latter two from Aerek Ancyrion. Way too many grandchildren from Daklore and his wife, one grandchild from Saeva. Pretends not to have anything beyond grandchildren, exempting one great grandchild in Mhaldor. Out of the whole family, she's closest to her daughter Saeva, much as she was very close to her own mother. 
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: Only a few people know, and it would not do to reveal it here.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Some things are better left in silence, especially things that should have never happened and have the ability to reshape the entire perception of who she is and her decisions.
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Snobby, pretentious bitch of a traitor to most of Eleusis, several in Cyrene, and a huge chunk of Targossas - or perhaps more politely, "the traitorous fallen priestess". Most people who hear about Melodie hears about "the red wedding", her excommunications, or both. That tends to give a very immediate opinion to different people - some horrified, some intimidated, some impressed, some disgusted. It ranges far and wide. To those without knowledge of her history, or who know her, perhaps just a pleasant, quiet, thoughtful, and devoted woman who has been through a lot.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Vocal tends to be her favored form, but she also readily enjoys the harp and piano. Preferably sweet lullabies, heart-rending laments, or romantic serenades.
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: I have a feeling she'd really love GoT and it would put her life problems in great perspective.
    32. Favorite books: Poetry, historical, fables/myths, Nereian-related novels, anything that goes into lore.
    33. Favorite foods: Seafood, fruits, soups/broths, and pretty much anything Skye cooks.
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: N/A
    35. Political views: After a very long experience with democracy and its failings, she very much prefers theocracies, especially Mhaldor's no-nonsense form of it.
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: Despite everything, she still follows a fairly Nereian set of ideals, though with a Mhaldorian focal point.
    37. Physical health: In top shape. A vigorous lifestyle demands it.
    38. Dream vacation: Lothos.
    39. Description of his or her house: Ancyra Manor is the family estate, a 25+ room sprawling mansion that has a courtyard with a huge oak tree at its center. Very lavish without being gaudy, and still with continuing plans to expand it. She also has a small parlor on her ship, the first place she's ever owned that was completely and utterly hers to do with as she will. It's still not entirely decorated, as she never gets much time to devote to it, but it's a continuing project she's very fond of.
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: (From the manor) The Lady's chambers (indoors). The vaulted ceiling of the master bedchamber leaves it feeling spacious and airy, characterized by a raised dais in the centre of the room and two large, ornate windows in the dark oak paneling of the north and south walls, the top arch of each made up by a mosiac of stained glass panes. A wide length of shag carpet stretches across the redwood floor, leading from the door to the dais in the center of the chamber that boasts a luxurious, four poster bed, draped in veils hung from the canopy and covered by fine linens and pelts. A wash basin is built into the wall in one corner, surrounded by the accouterments needed for rising in the morning, and in another, a large dressing screen hides an impressive dresser and armoire set. In the west wall, a great, black granite fireplace warms the air, the mantle decorated with portraits and trinkets, flanked by arched windows that look out over the Zaphar river. A pair of of "his & hers" chaise lounges sit by a small table topped with edelweiss, looking unused for some time. You see a single exit leading east (closed door).
    41. Any pets? Solii, which is a golden kitten who wandered away from Mithraea's temple (an off-shoot of the various cats/kittens she had in there) and found her in Cyrene quite a long time ago, who has grown into her own personality and side-character over the years. Beyond that, two equine, a nytrow, an albatross, and several random things picked up throughout her life.
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Once you get past all of the crazy associated with it, all of the events leading up to, and then moving to Mhaldor. It's freed her up in a way she's never been able to feel as a priestess - the one huge upside that balances a lot things out. She can honestly be herself and do as she wishes without feeling as if her very lifestyle is unacceptable (at least, unacceptable to those who matter).
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Having her faith and certainty shattered into a million pieces. Thus the theme of "turning my (her) life into a mosaic of what was, into what will be."
    44. Superstitions: Mostly Nereian ones, including a dislike of grooks, atavians, and Farethi in general for various reasons too long to detail here. She hasn't decided if she believes in fate or not - she goes back and forth. Believes redemption is a fairy tale. Watches the move of ocean life for signs of the future. Believes in all blessings/curses that are absolutely sincere and serious, even if whatever someone invokes might not be her lifestyle or belief system - intention is very key. Believes it's bad luck to experience a life-changing event unwashed.
    45. Three words to describe this character: Warm, complex, charming.
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Since this isn't a theme song but rather a song that's played wherever the character is, my answer is actually very similar to Kythra's (damn you), but with a more harp-tuned version of it: 

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited April 2017
    It's been nearly a year since I wrote her character sheet.. Seeing how she is 51 now, I am surprised what changed and what remained the same. I may revisit! I would like to see some of the newer characters write theirs.

Shayde said:

1. Name:  Shayde 

2. Age: 22

3. Height: 6’-0”

4. Eye color: Green

5. Physical appearance: A tall, slender atavian with summer spotted skin and long, mahogany hair most often kept into a piled bun.

6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Her orchid tattoo underneath her eye.

7. Favorite clothing style/outfit:  Airy, expensive dresses and any accessory that glitters. She may be disowned from her privileged lifestyle, but she will be damned if she dresses like a gutter rat.

8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? She is a rogue and feels like she is undefined by a city.

9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.):  Furrowed brows, expressing emotions with her hands

10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Her height, it is terrible to be taller than most potential suitors her race.

11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Crisp conversationalist and enjoys speaking in imagery

12. Pet peeves: People who say ‘no offense’, people who say age or race does not matter, intense public displays of affection, and finally people who ask her opinion and then say, “I’m sorry you feel that way.”

13. Fondest memory: None she wishes to speak of.

14. Hobbies/interests: Architecture, painting, politics, poetry, and severe boughts of daydreaming

15. Special skills/abilities: Is day dreaming a skill?

16. Insecurities: Her height and her quality of work as an artist

17. Quirks/eccentricities: Highly sensitive to criticism, becomes easily obsessed with things, likes to stare up at the clouds, and is fascinated by unicorns

18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.):Action oriented, strong affinity for aesthetics, sheltered mindset, loves to indulge herself, adaptable/spontaneous, and friendly only if it serves her self-interests.

19. Negative traits: Spends way too much money, tendency to exhibit rash emotional outbursts, rebels against things she feels gets in the way of her goals, shallow, partially prejudiced, and loves arrogant people.

20. Things that upset him or her: People with poor public etiquette, being told no, and having to explain herself more than once.

21. Things that embarrass him or her: Strong boughts of giggling with no perceived purpose and Atavians that do not care about their appearance.

22. This character is highly opinionated about:Anything artistic, she knows what she likes and is not afraid to talk about it.

23. Any phobias? Not really a phobia, but anyone or thing taller than her.

24. Things that make him or her happy: Newly mixed paint, a blank canvas, flamboyant individuals, a plethora of silks and glitter, and anonymous gift giving  

25. Family (describe): N/A

26. Deepest, darkest secret: Feels a certain draw to depraved subjects due to a sheltered lifestyle

27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: She does not believe it concerns other people.

28. Other people's opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): She has been told she is interesting, sincere, racist, and hard working.

29. Political views: Thinking is good; ideology is an excuse for people to avoid thinking.

30. Religion/philosophy of life: Bounces between the idea of protecting Creation and dallying in the dream realms, way too young to nail down a specific belief system.

31. Description of his or her bedroom: Nonexistent.

32. Superstitions: Wearing rubies brings bad luck and wearing silver brings good luck. Mixing the roots of an orchid in tea brings peace to the drinker.

33. Three words to describe this character:Opinionated, Artistic, and Diligent

• 1. Name: Aralaya Averial
    2. Age: 49
    3. Height: 5' 4"
    4. Eye color: Blue
    5. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Ribbons/Anything that is pink
    6. Defining gestures/movements: Lots of bouncing
    7. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Very fast and talkative
    8. Pet peeves: People who are boring
    9. Hobbies/interests: Killing things
    10. Special skills/abilities: Singing
    11. Quirks/eccentricities: Does not understand humor / implied meanings
    12. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Extremely mercurial, difficult to calm down
    13. Negative traits: Very stubborn
    14. Things that upset him or her: Heathens
    15. Things that embarrass him or her: Anything remotely innuendos
    16. This character is highly opinionated about: Ribbons
    17. Any phobias?: Caves
    18. Things that make him or her happy: Chocolate, Ribbons, Talamond
    19. Family (describe): Husband Talamond
    20. Deepest, darkest secret: Is secretly scared of half of Targossas
    21. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: She is scared of them
    22. Other people’s opinions of this character: Very ditzy, not serious
    23. Favorite books: History books! (Bal'met saga)
    24. Favorite foods: Fish
    25. Political views: Authoritarian
    26. Religion/philosophy of life: Rory for life, Deuc is pretty cool, Pandora is funny
    27. Description of his or her house: Very plain
    28. Description of his or her bedroom: Very fluffy blankets
    29. Any pets?: Fluffers the Skeletal kitten, Stella the tiger cub, Horsey the Kelpie
    30. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Marrying @Talamond
    31. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Getting yelled at by Tesha
    32. Superstitions: Paranoid about everything, dislikes doors
    33. Three words to describe this character: Spontaneous, Dark, Happy
    34. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    1. Name: Cailin Distara (birth name Crinaeae)
    2. Age: 24 years old
    3. Height: Average for a human (5'6'')
    4. Eye color: Bright blue
    5. Physical appearance: She is a human, a slender girl of medium height. Curly nut-brown hair falls in a long braid behind her pleasant face. Wide, innocent blue eyes sit atop a button nose, covered in freckles. Her smile is wide and winsome.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: none, she's very normal looking. Although perhaps THAT is a strange and unique thing XD
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Sky blue huntress dress. It's somewhat straight, reaches to the knees, then has slits up the sides for movement. Under it she wears soft doeskin breeches from Aalen and boots. Feminine but practical. :) Also, if anyone cares: a bear hide hooded ranger's vest, a white satin choker with a dolphin pendant, a cheerful daisy hairpin, a delicate ring of interlocking daisies, a hunter's longbow of polished ivory, and a silver-hued rose. Each of these items is special and has a story or significance behind it.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Eleusis. It's home <3 
    9. Defining gestures/movements: Can't think of any? She likes hugs a lot.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She's mildly jealous of Tsol'aa, used to wish she looked more like them. 
    11. Speaking style: Pretty talkative at times, especially when she's happy, sometimes to the point of being silly. Sometimes makes silly jokes that fall flat.
    12. Pet peeves: People being rude or mean, or causing discord in any way.
    13. Fondest memory: There's several: When she was first told that she might be @Aethele's daughter, performing her 'coming of age' ritual that she wrote herself (so happy that @Veldrin was able to be there), first performance at the Scarlatan concert, meeting @Belerofon and hanging out with some Virtuosi and everyone randomly reciting poems, bloodlining
    14. Hobbies/interests: She's a very busy person and has so many interests she can't keep up with them all: Reading all the books and the histories, exploring, hunting, working on House and Clan tasks, meeting new people, chilling with family and friends, helping with Events, running the shop with Merewyn, writing and performing rituals, writing and performing poems or stories, fishing, sailing, aiding novices... the list goes on...
    15. Special skills/abilities: Storytelling and writing poems and rituals
    16. Insecurities: Sometimes she wonders if people actually like her, or if she is annoying. (Not her family though, she knows they love her.) And she is very afraid of 'messing up', especially since she tends to say stupid things sometimes.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: When there is a problem of any kind, it drives her nuts. She HAS TO FIX IT. Also, she often emotionally overreacts to things, whether good or bad things, but recovers quickly.
    18. Temperament: Very easygoing, wants to like everybody, gives people the benefit of the doubt
    19. Negative traits: Impulsive and sometimes foolish. Embarrasses herself a lot. This one is my fault.
    20. Things that upset him or her: See pet peeves.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Saying or doing something stupid. Seems to happen a lot.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Things she is opinionated about.
    23. Any phobias? Creville, or creepy things in general. Ugh!
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Main source of joy is hanging out with family, always makes the day a very happy one! In quiet times she likes to sit and talk with Raffles. He doesn't say anything, but sometimes he smiles.
    25. Family (describe): Aethele and Jym, her parents, are Nerai. When Crinaeae was very small, they were concerned that she might not be safe there, so Jym took her to live with the merpeople for safekeeping. No one knows what happened next.... she woke up in a pygmy dungeon with no memory, and named herself Cailin. They recognized her pretty easily due to her resemblance to Aethele. As for what the family is like-- awesome family is awesome. Every one of them is bestever. Ardashyr/Distara for life!
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: Doesn't have any 'dark' secrets, and if she has any secrets, it's for a reason.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Because secrets
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character: I've no idea.
    29. Favorite type of music: Music is one thing she hasn't given much thought to. She does LOVE to watch dancing!
    30. Favorite books: all of them!
    31. Favorite foods: Mmm it's more drinks than food... Taste of Paradise, cinnamon kawhe from Targossas, strawberry cream tea from Imperial Tea House (sorry, Miss Miri!)
    32. Favorite sports/games: Mancala is fun, nice way to pass the time while sailing :)
    33. Political views:  ugh politics.
    34. Religion/philosophy of life: Concordi. Following Lady Tarah's ways even though She is gone.
    35. Physical health: not muscular or anything, but pretty fit from hours spent outdoors hunting and exploring
    36. Dream vacation: ehh getting into the Garden of the Gods, and finding it full of Divine, and chatting them up. Them being like, "yo, it's our friend Cailin!" yep, that's totally gonna happen
    37. Description of his or her house: it's Mom's house
    38. Description of his or her bedroom: cheerful, airy, painted light yellow. Has lots of books and will have lots of paintings, once @Honoka paints them.
    39. Any pets? when I can afford it.. one day.. a very customized canine companion. Pets are only fun when they actually do stuff.
    40. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Finding her family. I'm getting repetitive, I think, maybe it's cause she is so young not much has happened in her little life.
    41. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Well, it happened before she was born, but Lady Tarah dying.
    42. Superstitions: Divine are watching her every movement and know every word she says. Every time she tells someone privately that she doesn't like Sartan, she's pretty sure she's about to be zapped.
    43. Three words to describe this character: Innocent, optimistic, energetic
    44. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzF_y039slk
  • Oceana said:
      41. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Vangelis - Antarctic Echoes

Orrr... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXzIQn4IyOM
    Cause that's what I hear in my head every time I see your name
    1. Name: Draqoom Van Helsing
    2. Age: 390 years old
    3. Height: 5'8"-5'10"
    4. Eye color: Purple
    5. Physical appearance: Husky, insect-like. Chitin breastplate, vambraces, greaves etc look.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Lacking hair, antennae and his mouth looks like a normal human mouth but is made up of mandible parts like a mantis or such
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: A jerkin and loose fitting trousers ala Shaolin pants
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Cyrene/Orilla. Cyrene is quiet, peaceful, slow (in his mind) but steady and safe. Orilla is an idyllic oceanfront villa
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Monkbows to everyone, literally. Uses it as a greeting, a farewell, an apology, a sign of respect, an insult or any number of other things all determined on the relationship to the person he focuses on.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Nothing.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Mostly short bursts and broken sentences. Doesn't like to speak too much.
    12. Pet peeves: Being told what to do
    13. Fondest memory: Axekicking @Ourania
    14. Hobbies/interests: Puzzles, word games, anything to do with mind exercise. Thinking, dreaming, analysing, philosophising
    15. Special skills/abilities: Reading people
    16. Insecurities: Not being good enough
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Stoic, ochlophobic, introvert
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Mostly even-tempered
    19. Negative traits: Unapologetic, doesn't really think things through when angered, restless
    20. Things that upset him or her: Messing with anything he cares about or is loyal to
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Public speaking
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: The Kharon
    23. Any phobias? Ochlophobia, public speaking
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Gifting things to people, protecting people, being dutiful
    25. Family (describe): Individualistic while still remaining loyal to one another. Will murder each other when called for and then share a pint right after.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: Wouldn't be much of a secret if I told you now, would it?
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: See above
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): I would imagine that people like his sense of duty and his willingness to throw himself at literally any obstacle that threatens his way of life or the lives of those he cares for and is sworn to. I would imagine people do not like his unapologetic nature, his stubbornness and his restless nature.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: The sweet, sweet melodies of war along with sea shanties I guess
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: N/A
    32. Favorite books: Mythology, religious works
    33. Favorite foods: Mango
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: Rampage/FFA/KotH. Team Blue
    35. Political views: Rule for the people
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: Balance in all things. R.I.P Daedalus
    37. Physical health: Alcoholic tendancies, drug abuse in the past. Sucker for punishment both mentally and physically.
    38. Dream vacation: Permanent Death after giving his all to defend Creation
    39. Description of his or her house: Beachfront villa
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: A room with a balcony overlooking a lush garden kissed by the sea breeze and bathed in the Meropian sun
    41. Any pets? An iron parakeet, a scarred scorpion and the giant immortal ant named Ewig, who is more a friend than a pet.
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: His Vision
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Don't really thing anything has been bad enough to really put a huge hinderance on him.
    44. Superstitions: Will not say Goodbye
    45. Three words to describe this character: Discipline, Respect, Unity
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?

1. Name: Selto Xanatov
    2. Age: 98 years old
    3. Height: 5 foot 1. he's a shorty
    4. Eye color: Blue
    5. Physical appearance: Muscular from working on a ship for 70 plus years.  Light blue skin, bald no hair anywhere.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: He's got an amazing tattoo of a sea serpent on his right arm and a massive back tattoo of a sea strider struggling to escape the certain doom of falling down the front of  tsunami.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: He's working on creating an outfit for each of his 5 classes. Robes, belt, mask, helmet and boots for shaman, Dark loose shadow clothes for serpent, bright colourful clothing for bard, black tshirt/pants/boots for depthswalker, plain brown leathers and sturdy clothing for Runewarden.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? He lives in the Cyrenian subdivision. It's rather nice. 
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): He ponders a lot. Peers. Snickers. Sometimes sucks on his stygian pendant. Oddly tasty that.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Kinda wants a left arm tattoo but he's not sure what.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Sassy. He can be very very sassy. Particularly towards his Auntie. (they're besties thought. Shush that's a secret now!)
    12. Pet peeves: People yelling at him to do something causing him to panic while trying to remember how to do what they want him to do while simultaneously ignoring the directions they're telling him to do in tells cause that's not right it's NOT A FRICKING ENEMIES SKILL IT'S A DEFENSIVE MY BLOODY HOMUNCULUS WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF HE WAS ATTACKED FIRSTHAIEHWHAWHFASHF. Ahem. Anywho. Anything like that! <3 
    13. Fondest memory: He an Mazel were both bards and fighting Draqoom who was like, 50% drunk in the arena, and He backflips out of the room to avoid death, before healing and handspringing back in to kick Draqoom in da FACE. Afterwards they both admitted they thought he had died. Pretty proud of that moment.
    14. Hobbies/interests: Helping newbies anyway he can either with tips on aliases, teaching class lessons, forging armour/weapons taking them hunting, but also sailing, hunting alone, reading, Hanging with his family. Watching the look on peoples faces when they learn of his near perfect trans 10 trades, and 5 classes.
    15. Special skills/abilities: Not really? He's fairly amusing and can often make people laugh.
    16. Insecurities: He's actually worried that he's not engaged enough with day to day life in Cyrene and that if he tries to enter politics or take a government position or try for Knighthood he'll get torn apart in seconds by words alone. Basically he feels inadequate to deal with the needs of others and the truths about himself too.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: None that I've noticed.
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Sassy. Grumpy. Yelly.
    19. Negative traits: Sometimes too much sass. Honestly bit of a chicken.
    20. Things that upset him or her: Insults to his race. He really likes being a grook. His lack of creativity makes it hard to design stuff for himself and others. The fact that it's really hard to gain city ranks. I don't think he ever got his bloody city favour for reaching dragonhood. 
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Being excessively praised. Failing at stuff he's actually good at. The time he announced he had news and Auntie screamed on CT "YOU'RE ENGAGED?!" and he was very much NOT engaged. Three people went oh congrats and he's like noooooo.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Not a lot. People argue too much and their words are too sharp. Bit wussy but hey.
    23. Any phobias? Ferries. He absolutely hates ferries.
    24. Things that make him or her happy: His Mom. His Grampa Milabar and Grandma Nyneve. His children. (who are sadly dormant)
    25. Family (describe): Mom (Perl) Dad (Colgano? checking it out) Sisters (Anella, Clairene, 20 odd more he doesn't really know all that well.) Aunties ( Phelia and I think Lizzura or Lizurra? Lizz something. My memory sucks. Lots of Aunties, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews. etc) Children ( Erza, Tephysea, Kailer or something who got bloodline then went dormant) All mah kids went dormant cause I took a long nap....
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: His Deepest Darkest secret has to do with  why he fears and hates ferries.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: He knows what happens to snitches.
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Good question. Happy people like Selto. Drunk People like Selto. Serious people often think he's a moron. To each his own.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: None. He plays the harmonica. He's pretty good.
    30. Favorite books: Found a nice book about ship combat. It's a good read.
    31. Favorite foods:  Feesh is good. Rum is good. Alcohol in general is a yes please.
    32. Political views: Has never been involved enough to know any politics. In short though, Targossas is mean and often not friendly, Ashtan peoples are either serious or happy, Eleusis has family, Cyrene is conflicted, (thinks they should just start fighting for freedom to choose who you want to be) Mhaldor is evil but very forward about it. A Mhaldorian will look you in the eye and tell you they're going to stab you in the back and show you the knife they'll use. Decent folks. Often nicer than Targs. Hashan is bad cause they alined with Tso'telth
    33. Religion/philosophy of life: Life to be who you wish to be. Strive to be better than you were. When faced with the existence that saw fit to let you exist, show them that you were justified to take the space you filled
    34. Physical health: His liver is probably really fatty but that doesn't matter.
    35. Dream vacation: Somewhere warm. And wet.
    36. Description of his or her house: It's still small. It's got access to a beach, a small garden packed with pets and mounts, and a small cabin that will eventually be a manor of sorts.
    37. Description of his or her bedroom: Hasn't got one. Never sleeps so no point in the bedroom.
    38. Any pets? About 50-70 of em. More than any one person needs
    39. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Finding his mom. with being gifted a sea strider with enough gold to full outfit it as a decently close second.
    40. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Getting kidnapped by a dwarf while trying to leave the city to go adventuring. It was a very strange day for the young man. Also kind of embarrassing.
    41. Superstitions: Not a whole lot.
    42. Three words to describe this character: Helpful, Sassy, Trustworthy.
    43. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Lean on me by Bill Withers. If you need a hand you can lean on me!
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

This discussion has been closed.