What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Frederich said:
    @Byakko

How much money did Artanis make with you?  I mean, I know in the course of 13 hours someone can make 10 mill on a galley... So if someone worked 13 hours each time a good trade like that came around... and there were 3 in the past 10 days.... that's roughly 30 million gold for 39 hours of work (not including the homeport bug).  39 hours of work.. let's just say this is the same timespan of 10 days... 3.9 hours each day of hunting to maybe hit the gold cap... and you come out with.. 1,500,000gp in total, at utter max.

So, lets extroplate that, just say someone at dragon level hunts for 4 hours a day for "a few weeks" and hits the gold cap each day..

At 3 weeks (21 days) they would, before factoring in curatives / inks / moss, would make... 3,150,000 gp.  People, in the course of 24 hours made over 40,000,000 gp.    To even come remotely close to that with 150k gp per ooc day...It would take one person 266 2/3rds days.  Likely a great deal longer because curatives over the long term.

If you wanted to get that in one day.. you would have to have 266 people hit their goldcap for that one day... and every single hunting ground in the game would be completely wiped out constantly.  Making it nigh impossible to do anything.

This is, of course, assuming the gold cap is 150k and not say.. 160k.. or whatever it is now.  Either way.  The amount of gold that was pushed in, with 40 mil... is enough to buy nearly 3600 credits at current market value of them.  3000cr is $854.99 ... It would require a 15% bonus, but.  effectively in one day, you inflated the games economy by about $860 worth.

I don't know why the hell you think you should be entitled to anything.

I only ever ran one trade with Artanis XD Afterwards it was me and someone else on a strider. I only ever did the trades myself with a strider.
  • edited April 2017
    Ooooooooh so that is why he had so many damn ships. As well why those that were his "friends" seemed to be reeling in the gold. Explains so much
  • Per trade that was like this.. I would only make around 1.2-2 mil. These trades would only come once and a while, and I would stay up all night/wake up early to get it done..
  • Asmodron said:
    Ooooooooh so that is why he had so many damn ships. As well why those that were his "friends" seemed to be reeling in the gold. Explains so much

He had a fleet looong before these "new trades" XD
  • There is -no- way the MTC made 40 mill in one trade deal alone.
  • 1.2-2 million per trade? The largest trade I've ever seen was a long as route that took me 3 hours going full speed in a cutter and was only worth 100k after expenses. You could maybe get that amount if you traded for multiple hours straight.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Byakko said:
    Per trade that was like this.. I would only make around 1.2-2 mil. These trades would only come once and a while, and I would stay up all night/wake up early to get it done..
    I'm dying here. There's no way any of us will feel pity for you on some shit like this. I've put over 40 mill into one ship, and a lot of that was collaborative efforts, credits I bought myself or hours and hours of seamonster hunting. No one is gonna feel bad for you. The most I could generate is 100k an hour and that's with like 3 ships seamonster hunting simultaneously.
  • Byakko said:
    There is -no- way the MTC made 40 mill in one trade deal alone.

It doesn't matter.

Even 2 million gold is two entire weeks of bashing hitting the gold cap every day. What you're talking about is doing that in one day when the right trade comes up. So, if the trade was 'shitty' you only made 750k? Get the fuck out of here.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aralaya said:
    1.2-2 million per trade? The largest trade I've ever seen was a long as route that took me 3 hours going full speed in a cutter and was only worth 100k after expenses. You could maybe get that amount if you traded for multiple hours straight.

no.. 1.2 million per trade as in overall on that one trade deal day.. not per accept/complete thing.. I literally stayed up for like 9 hours just trading, then slept, and did it for a few more.
  • I was saying that it was 100k per trade, so to get 1.2-2 you would need to do trades faster than was literally possible

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    1.2-2 million per trade? The largest trade I've ever seen was a long as route that took me 3 hours going full speed in a cutter and was only worth 100k after expenses. You could maybe get that amount if you traded for multiple hours straight.
    @Aralaya - Should be able to do the 200k trade deal in about 1.5-2 hrs and make about 140k or so on it, after docking fees and the initial invest of 48k. The trade itself isn't too bad, but sailing from thraasi to zanzi then back to thraasi and having to cut Tears twice is what really kills the time.

• l m a o

Enjoy your vacation from Sapience. Bug abusers will not be missed.
  • @Bann Was talking about highest value trade i've seen, if there are more valuable ones I just haven't seen them. RNGeesus just doesn't like me

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • First claim was Byakko only made a few million over a period of weeks.

Next claim was that Byakko made 2 million in one day off one trade.

Not worth responding further to this person. 

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2017
    2 million x 2 good trades in one week is 4 million. anything over 3 is considered 'a few' right?

• Cooper said:
    First claim was Byakko only made a few million over a period of weeks.

Do you not get that these trades only happened like once, maybe (very rarely) twice a week? O.o It had to be accepted/completed at the same place for the profit to be worth it when it came to purchasing/consecrating all the figureheads needed and docking fees.. So yea, it took a few weeks to get the few mill I needed to do what I already stated I did with it. ^^;
  • @Aralaya - Ahhh. There's one for 200k that you go Thraasi > Zanzi > Thraasi > Shala > Colchis > Shastaan > Tasur'ke for 200k. Requries an initial invest of 48k for ore in Thraasi, then there's another like 5-8k docking fees depending on if you have Island Trader or not. Trades are always the same for everyone, so if you hear someone talking about running the 200k trade, then it's available for you as well.

• Byakko said:
    Cooper said:
    First claim was Byakko only made a few million over a period of weeks.

Do you not get that these trades only happened like once, maybe (very rarely) twice a week? O.o It had to be accepted/completed at the same place for the profit to be worth it when it came to purchasing/consecrating all the figureheads needed and docking fees.. So yea, it took a few weeks to get the few mill I needed to do what I already stated I did with it. ^^;
    You're seriously dense.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @byakko, just Kresslack out. Accept you did bad and got punished for it. Bu-bye.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Frederich said:
    <presentation of insane profit potential>
    Next time, issue that, yeah?

Instead of a bug report that just vaguely says, "ACCEPT and COMPLETE are weird, pls halp."
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    @jinsun I have it on incredibly reliable source that you yourself have been exploiting a seamonster bug wherein you spawn the target with a separate boat to get around a cooldown, and earn a lot more gold than you would be able to if you hunted them like intended.  You probably should stfu about other people and just be lucky you aren't a shrub yourself for the same damn thing (at least not yet).
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Zahan said:
    @jinsun I have it on incredibly reliable source that you yourself have been exploiting a seamonster bug wherein you spawn the target with a separate boat to get around a cooldown, and earn a lot more gold than you would be able to if you hunted them like intended.  You probably should stfu about other people and just be lucky you aren't a shrub yourself for the same damn thing (at least not yet).
    Isn't that working as intended, as the cooldown is per ship and remains? I mean, there has to be someone on that ship participating too, no? Means he has to split those spawns equally, means he isn't really making -more- gold than if he was alone on one timer.

Unless I'm patently wrong, I don't see a reason to fling that accusation at @Jinsun here.

• Zahan said:
    And instead of quietly contacting someone about this to let them make a decision, you publicly accuse him of it "using a reliable source".

and people say he's the bad guy..?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2017
    He is the bad guy, and proud of it, but not in the way y'all constantly accuse him. I saw him pull a face at a grandmother once.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    I know what jinsun's doing, and he knows what he's doing.  Ya'll can spin or twist it or whatever you want, but it remains.  Which is why he shouldn't be in here flinging shit.  People in glass houses, you know.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I'm suggesting it might not have been the best way to have brought this to people's attention. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."