What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Trey said:
    God if @Kaiu was one of these folks half the fucking ships in Achaea are going to disappear. 
    I seriously doubt it, Kaiu tends to play straight on anything and everything. Will know for sure though if I log on to the halls when I get home tonight though lol.
  • edited April 2017
    Kaiu isn't a shrub, so she probably isn't one of them. 

It's easy to check and see if somebody is a shrub because shrubs show up on RANKINGS XP as shrubberies, so you can just honors somebody then check their rankings to see if they show up as a shrub or not..

<div>Kaiu Silvertongue Obuun (female Elder Black Dragon).
    She is 189 years old, having been born on the 1st of Glacian, 550 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    She is ranked 129th in Achaea.

<br></div><div>#127 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Brae, Oracle of the Ancient Circle
    <span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">#128 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Oathsworn Darroth Vallah
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">#129 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Kaiu Silvertongue Obuun</span></div><div>

Kresslack (male Mhun).
    He is 267 years old, having been born on the 9th of Daedalan, 473 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 529th in Achaea.

#527      Tendril Orina Lighthawk-Foehammer, of the I  (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    #528      Sirrion, Sorcerer of the Silverveil          (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    #529      A small shrubbery                            (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    </div>
  • Nazihk said:
    Kaiu isn't a shrub, so she probably isn't one of them. 

It's easy to check and see if somebody is a shrub because shrubs show up on RANKINGS XP as shrubberies, so you can just honors somebody then check their rankings to see if they show up as a shrub or not..

<div>Kaiu Silvertongue Obuun (female Elder Black Dragon).
    She is 189 years old, having been born on the 1st of Glacian, 550 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    She is ranked 129th in Achaea.

<br></div><div>#127 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Brae, Oracle of the Ancient Circle</div><div>#128 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Oathsworn Darroth Vallah</div><div>#129 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Kaiu Silvertongue Obuun</div><div>

Kresslack (male Mhun).
    He is 267 years old, having been born on the 9th of Daedalan, 473 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 529th in Achaea.

#527      Tendril Orina Lighthawk-Foehammer, of the I  (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    #528      Sirrion, Sorcerer of the Silverveil          (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    #529      A small shrubbery                            (1st Circle of Celestial Power)
    </div>
    Way too much work. Just Ally/Enemy <x> and it'll say 'A small shrubbery is now one of your '

• The pirates were the good guys all along
  • Caelan said:

(And to add to my previous.. I don't think anyone thought this was "over".   I just couldn't believe some people were saying to let it go with a slap.  )
    When I said that I was massively overestimating the amount of people who were doing it. When I bought my ship basically everybody I talked to about Seafaring was telling me how profitable it could be and that I could earn back the cost of my strider in one day of trading and such, so I just assumed that basically everybody was abusing it. 

Glad to be wrong about that. 
  • Aegoth said:
    The pirates were the good guys all along
    I'm so glad someone said this for me. I really want to know how many Mariners and MTC got Greened for this shit.

Granted at this point PoM is 2 guys...
  • Jinsun said:
    Asmodron said:
    Hmm...

I wonder if anything, Pirates are now to be commended for likely and unintentionally sinking some of these avid traders out there.

@Jinsun the hero?
    Would be lying if I said I didn't feel vindicated as shit seeing some real trash talkers get canned for actually doing shitty things.
    You make me so proud. seriously. Enjoy this, because I sure as hell am.
  • Minifie said:
    Is it possible for them to find out anyone who didn't exploit this at all and give them a nice in game reward? Literally a non decaying medallion or even some bonus experience/something for a while for those who didn't abuse this even once? I'm not sure it's possible to find out though, but then mass punishments won't be needed if the people who didn't take advantage of it were given a nice cuddle or something, that'd make me feel better that I missed out on what could have been hundreds of millions of free gold :(.

How about an honors line:

_______ didn't participate in screwing up the game economy in the year whatever it is (not logged in atm)
  • edited April 2017
    Jinsun said:
    Mathilda said:
    You possess all six Dragon Talismans, and you complete the set, gaining true mastery over Dragonhood.

A lot of raves to all the people with whom I've traded pieces, but most especially to the Hashani squad (shoutouts to @Karren and @Krizal especially!)
    33 years old

What the fuck, you out here tryna beat emerald and ruby weapon too? GOd dayum son.
    Not the youngest. Close enough, but not the youngest.

Weapons weren't even hard to beat either, nub. Just annoying to get to for the most part.

Also I wish we could have this Sarapis more often.
  • As it was said, it was a combination of bugs that attributed to this. While someone here (not going scroll and find name sorry) said they bugged the trade and got 'working as intended' the ruler probably didn't know the other steps they also had to consider to unearth this.

As for those people angry because that is how they were taught to trade. Don't get angry at the admin, get pissed at the people who taught you this and said it was okay to use.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Tahquil said:
    As it was said, it was a combination of bugs that attributed to this. While someone here (not going scroll and find name sorry) said they bugged the trade and got 'working as intended' the ruler probably didn't know the other steps they also had to consider to unearth this.

As for those people angry because that is how they were taught to trade. Don't get angry at the admin, get pissed at the people who taught you this and said it was okay to use.
    It's sometimes difficult to convey the severity of something through a bug report. also having submitted a number of them, I can tell you that they're probably swamped with bug reports and duplicate bug reports and so forth. I still have a bug report that's supposed to be 'high priority' but has been sitting unfixed since last year or the year before that, for example. 

If you ever feel like something is genuinely wrong and you have definitive proof (logs, a step-by-step account of how it is being done) that this shit is not working as intended, you shouldn't ever feel afraid to just outright issue yourself or message the producers. The worst they could do is tell you to instead file a bug report, but at least their attention will be drawn to the issue and treat it with more attention/urgency. 

• It probably got put in the "Ships" category. All the ones I filed over the years didn't get touched until the ship changes last year and after that half of them didn't even apply to the new mechanics.
  • Fine fine.. you all can be happy and oh so excited that this happened. See how much you guys enjoy it when you're playing the game "as intended" and suddenly get zapped/shrubbed with no warning. A simple "don't do this shit anymore" would have sufficed.. but again, it's been going on for a long while, someone somewhere saw it and ignored it, because Mariners talked about the 'new way to do trades" in their guild multiple times, so it was not just the MTC and people you lot "don't like" who did this.. Half of the money funneling into Targ recently came from those trades.. do you see any new holy shrubs? Nope..
  • @Byakko How much gold did you make doing the ship trades?

• It is because Nicola and Makarios both had mortals in the PoM. Obvious admin bias.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Cooper said:
    @Byakko How much gold did you make doing the ship trades?
    Enough, that their shrubbings pulled about 5 new ships off of RANKINGS SEAMONSTERS. I like you as a person and all Byakko, but it was pretty blatant abuse.
  • Cooper said:
    @Byakko How much gold did you make doing the ship trades?

A few mill over a few rl weeks, of which I only bought credits once, and bought a ship from another player so I wouldn't have to worry about agabazillion perms...
  • The rest of the money I held on to or used in small increments to help other players v,v
  • A few million over a few weeks and you want compensation for not being allowed to do it anymore....
  • I made a couple hundred thousand after a few weeks of ship trades, while half the profit goes to the city for trade and stuff the fact that you made a few million in a few weeks doing only ship trades and don't see a problem with that...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I like how Artanis' "last name" is Leafwalker. His dream came true.