Quick Questions

Comments

• Expend torso one balance before the sequence won't help, rebounding still comes up within the sequence. Expending torso while breaking leg and expending leg to prone will use too much momentum and can't assault. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Expend torso one balance before the sequence won't help, rebounding still comes up within the sequence. Expending torso while breaking leg and expending leg to prone will use too much momentum and can't assault. 
    Pulp isn't affected by rebounding, so it has to come up before the assault to save you. There's plenty of time to expend (1.8s), prone + break (1.8s), dwhirl leg head (2.1s) and then fit in the assault before rebounding comes up. In that case it comes up right around when you pulp, which is far too late to matter. There's even time to fit a leap in before assaulting.
  • Oh. Didn't know pulp not stopped by rebounding!

0 expend torso hit something else
    2.1 double break prone
    4.2 break head
    6.3 assault head
    8+ rebounding come up, who cares
    9.1 pulp. 
    10.1 head cured if not pulped. 

Yes can fit in a leap. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Oh. Didn't know pulp not stopped by rebounding!

2.1 double break prone
    4.2 break head
    6.3 assault head
    9.1 pulp. 

Yes can fit in a leap. 

That won't work, since you don't gain momentum on any hits on a doublewhirl that includes an expend. Even if you start at 8 momentum, you'll have 7 after the torso expend, then 4 after the double break and prone. Doublewhirl to head puts you at 6, which is one short of the 7 required to assault head (even though it only uses 5). You'd need another hit after the torso expend before the leg breaks to gain that extra point of momentum back.

• Antonius said:
    Dochitha said:
    Oh. Didn't know pulp not stopped by rebounding!

2.1 double break prone
    4.2 break head
    6.3 assault head
    9.1 pulp. 

Yes can fit in a leap. 

That won't work, since you don't gain momentum on any hits on a doublewhirl that includes an expend. Even if you start at 8 momentum, you'll have 7 after the torso expend, then 4 after the double break and prone. Doublewhirl to head puts you at 6, which is one short of the 7 required to assault head (even though it only uses 5). You'd need another hit after the torso expend before the leg breaks to gain that extra point of momentum back.

This is a good point, so a torso expend before prone is out. Of course, fracture works even better than expend, as does the target breaking their own rebounding, as does the bird taking it out. And the setup is only vulnerable to rebounding for ~3.9s post-break, so as long as rebounding was dealt with by any means within the last ~4s, they're safe to start it. But if they do start the setup in that window and the victim also tumbles over the wall, they barely don't have enough time to kill you.
  • Odd question, maybe something more for the Garden or whoever to answer... but when you see gods and such "wreathed in divine fire", how exactly do you all see it in terms of colour and such? Has it ever been given a firmer description?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Odd question, maybe something more for the Garden or whoever to answer... but when you see gods and such "wreathed in divine fire", how exactly do you all see it in terms of colour and such? Has it ever been given a firmer description?
    Dunno, I've always seen Romeo and Juliet highlighted in Yellow which seemed pretty fitting.. divine fire and all.

But when Sartan walks around his in room stuff is highlighted in green which is a bit odd..
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    From an IC perspective I just imagine it like a halo of sorts, except not just about the head but their whole figure. Alternatively, I just picture them as super-saiyans >.>

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• The best description I've seen the game give is "an aura of translucent divine fire."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Is it possible to change the picture in our banners anymore? I tried looking on the IRE site where we used to be able to, but I don't see the option anywhere.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Have to go through the Nexus client now, I think?
    Huh. Neat.
  • So, out of curiosity, what was this seatrade bug?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2017
    Accipiter said:
    So, out of curiosity, what was this seatrade bug?
    Abused. Read the What Happened To Me Today thread.

Or the Announce post:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4750
    Date: 04/24/2017 at 00:03
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Adjustment to ship trades
    We've just loaded a change to ship trades. Previously it was possible for one captain to accept and another captain to complete the trade to get around the daily cooldown limitations. This is no longer the case: only the captain that accepted the trade will now be able to complete it.
    This only applies to personal ship trades, ship tied trades remain unchanged.
    Penned by My hand on the 23rd of Valnuary, in the year 740 AF.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Ahmet said:
    It's currently bugged in the nexus client.  After they switched hosting, they closed the header and setting your avatar now returns an error.
    No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://client.achaea.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 404.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Zahan said:
    Ahmet said:
    It's currently bugged in the nexus client.  After they switched hosting, they closed the header and setting your avatar now returns an error.
    No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://client.achaea.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 404.
    Will be fixed in the next client build (probably tomorrow)
  • Hey lovely @Nicola, what are the changes that you, in all your wonderful glory, will turn off the gold cap for the great hunt this weekend?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Hey lovely @Nicola, what are the changes that you, in all your wonderful glory, will turn off the gold cap for the great hunt this weekend?
    Because that'll help the gold influx from the trade deals, yes.
  • edited April 2017
    While I'm not usually one to ask for extra sugar on top of an already super sweet and generous Great Hunt, it would be interesting to know how much gold would be generated in a weekend without cap when 60% of the playerbase is going balls to the walls hunting.

Even without the cap being lifted, @Makarios can we (and by we I mean you) track what occurs during the great hunt and have it presented at the end? Examples : How much gold is introduced into the economy via hunting, How much experience is collectively earned and how many dragons that would equate to. Most killed denizen(s). etc.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Bank Holiday weekend in the UK. Only thing getting slaughtered by me is me.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:
    Hey lovely @Nicola, what are the changes that you, in all your wonderful glory, will turn off the gold cap for the great hunt this weekend?
    The biggest offenders won't ever get to spend that gold.

Also, I only ask because they doubled or tripled the cap for the last one (and I love gold).

• Xaden said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:
    The biggest offenders won't ever get to spend that gold.

Also, I only ask because they doubled or tripled the cap for the last one (and I love gold).
    Quite a few who didn't abuse it to shrubbable levels, but still profited substantially from it.
  • They did not double or triple the cap last hunt. They reset it a few hours early one day and that was it. 

• Cooper said:
    They did not double or triple the cap last hunt. They reset it a few hours early one day and that was it. 
    Are you sure? I thought I'd made circa 1m gold over those three days...

• Xaden said:
    Cooper said:
    They did not double or triple the cap last hunt. They reset it a few hours early one day and that was it. 
    Are you sure?
    He's correct.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Well damn. My memory is not what it used to be...

• Hi everyone! Old Lusternia player looking to try my hand out here. May not be the right place for this but is it still possible to read posts while not being logged in? The old Ironrealms website used to have a news section, but I haven't been able to find it with the new layout.
  • Vylin said:
    Hi everyone! Old Lusternia player looking to try my hand out here. May not be the right place for this but is it still possible to read posts while not being logged in? The old Ironrealms website used to have a news section, but I haven't been able to find it with the new layout.
    If you log in to the site without actually logging into the game you can click 'portal' and then 'achaean news'

• You can also access it directly via www.achaea.com/news. You don't technically need to be logged in to read certain boards, but the links from some of the pages don't work (end up saying you don't have access, even for stuff like the Announce board) if you're not logged in.

@Nicola How do we go about reporting issues with the website now?

• @Antonius can compile a list and email them through to me, I'll pass them along!
  • Can we view help files in the game while not logged in?