Combat Logs

Comments

• I'm just laughing at @Ryzeth's advice because @Rangor and I have gone at it and he knows just how futile going for heartseed is against me without any of your fancy weird shenanigans.
  • Armali said:
    I'm just laughing at @Ryzeth's advice because @Rangor and I have gone at it and he knows just how futile going for heartseed is against me without any of your fancy weird shenanigans.
    This just in: certain strategies don't work against everyone 100% of the time.

More news at 11.

Rangor said:
    Ok, maybe I will. Pretty sure those used to sync up.
    Without a diadem they do sync up. With one I'm fairly sure they never have, then again I've never had a diadem outside of using others'

• I haven't tested for a while because I cba to log in properly, but I'm almost positive you can stand and shield before the sylvan regains balance during the heartseed setup if they go for a torso break after heartseed.
  • edited April 2017
    Telinus said:
    I haven't tested for a while because I cba to log in properly, but I'm almost positive you can stand and shield before the sylvan regains balance during the heartseed setup if they go for a torso break after heartseed.
    If they have tree balance they can, yes. If not then...

Assuming using serverside curing/queueing.
    0.0 -> break leg/prone  --->apply restoration to leg
    2.3 -> break second leg
    4.0 -> apply to second leg
    4.6 -> heartseed
    8.0 -> apply mending
    8.6 -> break torso
    9.0 -> apply mending+stand

Obviously needs a lv 2 diadem, but yeah. If they have tree bal then they'd touch it to cure the mending break. But that's why you break both legs with epteth, so they can't touch tree to cure the leg break. (and knowing serverside, it'd probably touch tree to cure the arm break)... Without a diadem you pretty much have to pray they aren't spamming the hell out of touch shield.
  • Or you could just prio mending over resto????
  • Admittedly it's early in the morning, but I'm not seeing how prioritising mending over restoration gets you standing faster, especially if they're using epteth with the leg breaks.
  • The important thing here is that heartseed takes so long to kill that they need to time it on a resto application. It doesn't matter if you apply mending after the first resto finishes because they need to wait until the second resto to heartseed in the first place. If they heartseed on the mending, you just cure it trivially.
  • Ok, so you two were talking about two different - but related - things. Your comment made no sense in the context of "how to stand up in time to shield to avoid heartseed into torso break" (i.e. Ryzeth's post), but makes perfect sense in the context of "how to avoid heartseed".
  • It applies to both. Ryzeth's calculation assumes that you need an additional mending application before you can stand, which means the Sylvan can break you while prone. I'm saying, no, you don't need to, you can take care of the excess mending application before restoring the other leg, so that when it finishes, you can stand immediately.
  • Do I need to add epseth envenoming to my thornrend alias as well? As if prone tracking wasn't enough! (I actually do already have prone tracking, as shown very prettily on my prompt)
  • Antonius said:
    Ok, so you two were talking about two different - but related - things. Your comment made no sense in the context of "how to stand up in time to shield to avoid heartseed into torso break" (i.e. Ryzeth's post), but makes perfect sense in the context of "how to avoid heartseed".

It lets you stand faster relative to the heartseed since the heartseed comes after resto no matter what.

Leg break/apply
    Leg break
    Apply mending
    Apply resto
    Heartseed
    Apply mending/stand (before torso break)

Vs Ryzeth's

Leg break/apply
    Leg break
    Apply resto
    Heartseed
    Apply mending (still one crippled leg)
    Torso break before stand
  • So my implication was correct. That's all we need to gather from the past page. Not that this is new, pretty there's a thread with the same conclusion from like 2 years featuring Ernam. Long may he rest.
  • Touch tree noobs
  • Jovolo said:
    So my implication was correct. That's all we need to gather from the past page. Not that this is new, pretty there's a thread with the same conclusion from like 2 years featuring Ernam. Long may he rest.
    He logged in the other day for like 2-3 hours. Seen him a couple times recently.
  • Still learning, but...
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3s7Z2DyM

Need to get a better handle on managing my mana versus people who do a lot of health damage.

• Parry parry parry parry parry.

At least (I think?) that's the one log that doesn't have me rebounding onto myself! Was a fun set of duels. 
  • Parry comes from the french verb "parer", which means to block.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Lyalia said:
    Still learning, but...
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3s7Z2DyM

Need to get a better handle on managing my mana versus people who do a lot of health damage.

Very nice colors on the prompt. Which system you are using, or bespoke?
  • Zenith said:
    Parry parry parry parry parry.

At least (I think?) that's the one log that doesn't have me rebounding onto myself! Was a fun set of duels. 
    I really dig your prompt and highlights too, though my those timestamps are distracting.

As curious as Dochitha here :)
  • Dochitha said:
    Very nice colors on the prompt. Which system you are using, or bespoke?
    I got an edited version of wundersys that's like 8 months out of date... Been working through all the classleads to bring it properly up to date. Also further edited it a ton to match what I want/like.
  • Learn to fight in dragon. I'd never go up against a skilled, artied DWB in lesser. Even if you could pressure them from getting eight mo., unless you're super tanky they could go for a low momentum mangle lock.

If you HAVE to fight in lesser, I'd probably stick with degen to maximize hinder from clumsiness/weariness/paralysis. Stick clumsiness/weariness, timeloop-degen for para/loop until one sticks, then curare leach or loop leach until you get the shadow. Swap back to degen at this point, use HI if you have it to time a mutilate.
  • Doesn't even require a skilled dwb if they can mangle like that, unless you can block them from getting 3 momentum at any point.

I'm still annoyed my classlead on that got approved and then never went anywhere. 
  • That's what happens when a fully level 3 artied person goes up against an unartied low health person. Not the most fun thing, but it's a damage class - you're gonna have a bad time if you're lower level/con against massively artied people geared for strength.

• 5.2k health died in 7 hits.

Dont feel bad, 7.2k health I die in 8-9.

I think the break > mangle on next whirl has to go. It's way too much prone time for a class that already has the most guaranteed kill sequence in the game.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Low health, kek. The guy got mangled in 4 hits with over 5k health. That's obscene.
  • Oh, I don't know why I thought Kalila's max was like 3.6k. Might have confused my logs. 

• Cooper said:
    Oh, I don't know why I thought Kalila's max was like 3.6k. Might have confused my logs. 
    I got dragon since then. I still have no defensive artefacts though, besides a SoA now.

All specced into con, to try to survive silliness like this, but to no avail :dissapointed:
  • You need to step up your max health bug exploit game.

Does gem of negation still cure all states of limb damage including prior to the limb break itself? Asking for a friend
  • I don't believe so, but unsure. Could have abused reflect to force his first hit to miss, which would have let you stand before the mangle came in.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.