Quick Questions

Comments

• No.  They just go on a reset timer to you.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Plant tumbleweed/prop totem. No need for fehus. It's beautiful

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Next months Talisman set will include tumbleweed stompers.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Telinus said:
    Next months Talisman set will include tumbleweed stompers.
    Hobgoblin Boots

• How is sentinel hunting compared to other classes and what artifacts should I be looking to grab just starting out (about a 1k credit spending limit)
  • Kayle said:
    How is sentinel hunting compared to other classes and what artifacts should I be looking to grab just starting out (about a 1k credit spending limit)
    Shit until 50 (or 30 + HR2) when you can get Skirmishing. Do not go for maul to hunt with, use Skirmishing thrust. Once you get it it's pretty good, though. Class is decently tanky and kills relatively quickly.

Always get SOA as first artifact. Then probably a trident/spear (although it doesn't speed you up very much, just damage for the most part) ... If you're wanting to do combat moreso, then an artifact axe is probably more useful, but that does nothing for your hunting. Axe throw is no longer king of sentinel hunting.
  • So shield spear for hunting and shield axe for combat? How viable is the forged spear for hunting and the forged axe for combat. Are the differences for each style worth the pickup over the other one?
  • Idk. I'm of the mind that defensive arties should be the priority before all else (and it's taken me a long time and a lot of not-so-gentle nudging) to get to that mindset. SoA is definitely a priority, but I'd look into bracelets (boosts both health and mana), a +con belt, and health sip at least before investing in class-specific arties.
  • edited April 2017
    Idk. I'm of the mind that defensive arties should be the priority before all else (and it's taken me a long time and a lot of not-so-gentle nudging) to get to that mindset. SoA is definitely a priority, but I'd look into bracelets (boosts both health and mana), a +con belt, and health sip at least before investing in class-specific arties.
    This is probably better. I haven't played personally around with Sentinel since like 3-4 after they got Skirmishing.

@Kayle I don't believe their artifact weapons give them a similar boost that most other classes get, I think their important combat arti is a diadem for better syncing of enrages/recalling animals? Don't quote me on that.

I probably wouldn't get class-specific artifacts at all, unless you know for sure you're gonna keep the class (whether as primary, or multiclassing). They scale pretty well with strength to, if memory serves correctly.
  • Definitely defensive arties that can be translated well to multiple other classes first.  You want to get high level above all else, and those mentioned by Ankh are perfect for basically any class.  You want to spend your credits as wisely as possible, and with that in mind you'd want things that are in general good for all classes such as the +health/+mana bracelet, sip ring, etc.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Are L1 scimitars enough/required for runewardens to be effective against mid-higher guys? Or should I invest in lessons and go DWB with forged weapons instead?
  • It's not so much scims are a lot of strength to max out that DSB damage.
  • Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
  • With Lagua (I think) rune that should be a 96% DSB. If you can't kill with that, it's unlikely that the lack of STR is your problem
    Gwyneria said:
    Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
    No that is perfect. 96% on targets without resist alls. IMO all the Knight specs start to really shine when you put l1 weapons on them. The issue you'll run into tho unless youre dragon level is low health pool because of the 19 str. Regardless of spec you'll generally want l1 weapon(s), 19 str(not really an issue for dwb) and some extra con.

• Kenway said:
    Gwyneria said:
    No that is perfect. 96% on targets without resist alls. IMO all the Knight specs start to really shine when you put l1 weapons on them. The issue you'll run into tho unless youre dragon level is low health pool because of the 19 str. Regardless of spec you'll generally want l1 weapon(s), 19 str(not really an issue for dwb) and some extra con.
    So with just a pair of L1 scimitars I would be good to go?
  • DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
  • Opinion: buy more globes (I've been super lucky so far) or wait until next promo?
    Dochitha said:
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
    What...?

Gwyneria said:
    Kenway said:
    Gwyneria said:
    So with just a pair of L1 scimitars I would be good to go?
    Assuming you hunted yourself a decent health pool, yeah.

• Kenway said:
    Dochitha said:
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
    What...?
    Agree with Kenway. The best spec for getting shut down against any class that can hinder even decently well, maybe. DWC master spec.
    edited April 2017
    Ryzeth said:
    Kenway said:
    Dochitha said:
    What...?
    Agree with Kenway. The best spec for getting shut down against any class that can hinder even decently well, maybe. DWC master spec.
    I mean it's an outstanding spec it just has the issue where it's entirely prep reliant but it's kill sequences require momentum to pull off which you have no real way to guarantee you get cause yeah, no hinder coming out on your end. I'd say DwC and 2h are neck and neck with all the bells and whistles with SnB userping DwC at the mid-low levels of artefact collections.

Edit: I put dwb consistently in third and they're all pretty damn close tbh so it's really not a huge deal.

• DWB with level 3 stars is a monster. Attacks at 2.2s, so gaining that 8 momentum is very fast, and once they get it, you die. There is no course of action you can take that lets you reliably escape pulp
  • Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.

• Cooper said:
    Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.
    Unless they're Infernal, in which case just don't bother fighting them.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm full con spec (sadly no arties) and DWB with level 3 takes 4.4s to prep per limb. Scary as shit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    I'm full con spec (sadly no arties) and DWB with level 3 takes 4.4s to prep per limb. Scary as shit.

4.4 seconds doesn't sound right. Would require them to prep in two doublewhirls, and at 16 constitution and level 99 you should have nearly 5.5k health. Laguz would have to be making an absolutely insane amount of difference, because the break points with level 3 morningstars as Paladin aren't anywhere close to that.
  • Does anybody have the tradein values on the completed talismans in the Cities set?
  • Antonius said:
    Does anybody have the tradein values on the completed talismans in the Cities set?

Tumbleweed - 100
    Biscuit - 50
    Shackles - 533

I don't know the others.
  • edited April 2017
    Ahmet said:
    Impossible. Hmm, if you count 0, 2.1, 4.2, then that's 6 hit, assuming you break at 7. And it's less than 4.4s. But that's the ideal situation. DWB has to disable parry if you are parrying smartly. It will take probably 6-7 hits to prep you, need 2 limbs, occassionally a head or a torso, in between have to handle parry and rebounding, and survive your hinder.

Calira said:
    DWB with level 3 stars is a monster. Attacks at 2.2s, so gaining that 8 momentum is very fast, and once they get it, you die. There is no course of action you can take that lets you reliably escape pulp
    Yes, very quick. Not much escape except room hinder, iced ground, actually rebounding too, but L3 stars make rebounding not an issue.

Cooper said:
    Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.
    Break left leg right leg. You apply to head, just whirl left leg once, you will start applying to leg next, break head then, and carry on pulp route. Just not breaking head until you apply to leg... But yes, health is either a major obstacle or easy kill, DWB is so sensitive to health.

Kill path for breakpoint 5, 6, 7 and 8 are totally different. Monks are worst cos have to prep arms too to stop kai cripple...meaning, have to survive their setup at least once, to get to DWB's kill sequece.

Having high health will force DWB to go pulp path forces them to stay put for 8 momentum. Apart from that threshold of health, anything less than that opens up a lot of opportunities for DWB to finish up. DWB is tip top.