Quick Questions

Comments

• Targossas also has the benefit of having a strongly defined city ethos that is rooted in a well known fantasy trope.  This is advantageous because it means that Targossas gets the benefit of not really having to explain its core values and RP to people. It can jump right into specifics, trusting that the basics of Good, Light, and Righteousness are generally self explanatory.

It is considerably harder to give people a good intro to "We are Cyrene, we hate fighting and like shopkeeping" or "We are Chaosy and something something something about the Court of Chaos, everybody thinks we are all nihilists but we are not" because that underlying familiarity doesn't exist. You're not just explaining the specifics of your ideology, you have to start by actually teaching them what that ideology is and then you have to hope it's something that they'll be willing to fall in line with. That is a FAR more difficult task.

I'm not meaning to disparage the efforts of Targossas here, mind you. They've put a TON of work into their newbie system and intro and it really shows. Very polished and well done. I'm just saying that Ashtan and Cyrene are facing a much more difficult situation as far as their intro goes, because their starting place is so much weaker.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kresslack said:
    So I'm in the process of adding rooms to my ship, but would like the first room's entrance to be hidden from the outside. When trying to do this from outside the room because I only want the 'in' direction hidden, I get the following: Only the owner, or leader of the owning organization, has sufficient privilege to do that.

My question is, if I do this from the -inside-, will it only hide the exit to the outside from that room like I expect?
    For anyone else who was wondering:

Message 1143

Sent By: Meletus on 17 Apr 2017, 12:17

Greetings. Regarding your issue #79464: you will need to hide the entrance to your house on your ship by standing inside, or rather, in the room instead. Hiding will go both ways. Any further questions or concerns may be raised once more via ISSUE ME.

• Hidden exits go both ways now, or is that a special case for the ship house entrance? When I set up my subdivision house they were one-way.
    Sena said:
    Hidden exits go both ways now, or is that a special case for the ship house entrance? When I set up my subdivision house they were one-way.
    I'm not really sure. I asked about ships specifically, but I know I've seen out-of-sub plots with hidden entrances as well.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I asked about this very recently, if out of subdivision houses have hidden entrances then that must have been a while ago, because you can't hide the in exit now.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Yeah, just tried it after being told that I could, and lo and behold it only hides the inside exit. Pretty much completely defeats the purpose of why I wanted to hide it to begin with.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I am not aware a hidden entrance for any housing—subs, out-of-subs, or ship cabin—has ever been allowed?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    They have for quite a long while, but I've only ever seen it used in rooms that are within the house itself, not the actual firm entrance into a house. I can say from having a hidden exit in one of our rooms, it looks to only be one-way, as well. Which, works for the situation it was implemented for, but would be super annoying not to have for others.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Well the reason I wanted to have the outside exit hidden is, essentially my little cutter is a smuggler's ship, and I wanted a "hidden compartment" for such purposes. Kind of defeats the purpose if the outside exit is visible but the inside one isn't.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I've seen someone create a hidden "smuggler's compartment" in their ship, but it's a hidden DOWN in the housing interior, not the first entrance room.
    Krypton said:
    I've seen someone create a hidden "smuggler's compartment" in their ship, but it's a hidden DOWN in the housing interior, not the first entrance room.
    That may be what I have to do (which is a bit disappointing bc it means saving up to create another room), but figured I would ask and give it a try since the answer given was that the housing entrance on the ship would be hidden on both sides. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding in regards that part.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Not to mention that monocles or people with vision can completely negate the hidden aspect.
    Huh. Neat.
    edited April 2017
    Ahmet said:
    Not to mention that monocles or people with vision can completely negate the hidden aspect.
    Do they really?

AB VISION SECRETS
    Huh. Neat.
  • Do have a single list somewhere of all the talisman's, which caches they are in, what their pieces consist off and a short description of what they do?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • @Sobriquet TALISMAN SET <set> will show you all of the talismans within a set. TALISMAN INFO <talisman> will show you the details of a specific talisman (including what pieces are required). 99% sure on those commands being correct, but doing TALISMAN by itself should give a rundown of the various commands.

As far as I know, all of the talisman caches look the same, but which set(s) they can be opened for depends on which particular promotion they were obtained in. You can OPEN CACHE to see which sets it can be opened for; it won't actually be opened unless you do OPEN CACHE FOR <set>. Off the top of my head, sets that have been available from caches in the past are: Death, Blackwave, Historical, Wonders, Races, Marks, and I think Conclave. I believe the caches from this month's promotion are only for the Death and Races sets.
  • Death and Cities. Races was the previous one.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Better than Death and Taxes :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Better than Death and Taxes :D
    I don't know. The Cities set seemed pretty underwhelming, so the Taxes set might not be any worse.
  • The cities set is pretty great!

People complained about game breaking talismans so it looks like they toned it down a little, but they are still useful.

The problem is that the drop rate on the most useful ones isn't very high. I want a few of them but don't want to spend the time searching for them.

• Cooper said:
    The cities set is pretty great!

People complained about game breaking talismans so it looks like they toned it down a little, but they are still useful.

The problem is that the drop rate on the most useful ones isn't very high. I want a few of them but don't want to spend the time searching for them.

Yeah. I just wish I could complete them.

:(

Kinda worried I'm not going to make it and can't spend more on globes. I'm not even sure it's the drop rate so much as it is that the caches can be opened for death and everyone's doing that instead.
  • Anyone who looks at the tumbleweed and scoffs, I do not know what you are doing with your life.

Also, ditto on not completing everything. I want to finish a set of wraith shackles but if the pieces are out there, they dropped on people who also want them.

• Maybe I'm misunderstanding the description in the Announce post, but it sounds like it's just a chance to prone when people enter the room. I don't see the appeal there.
  • edited April 2017
    It's like a mini-version of nairat (just balance knock instead of transfix/ropes/whatever it is) that also prones (in case you want to bite or BBT).

It's also not a chance. It happens every time. The chance is of the weed ripping and disappearing.
  • Farrah said:
    It's like a mini-version of nairat (just balance knock instead of transfix) that also prones (in case you want to bite or BBT).
    Not transfix anymore :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Farrah said:
    It's like a mini-version of nairat (just balance knock instead of transfix) that also prones (in case you want to bite or BBT).
    Not transfix anymore :(
    Shh.

In my head, it's just transfix that writhes twice as fast. I ignore the new messages that try to say otherwise because oooooo butterflies.
  • I call mine tumblebleed while in BM. Juicy free impales.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • free dehydrates
    Tumbleweed + ret is dumb.

Also, on the topic of op as hell talisman pieces, Im super disappointed that they went the opposite way on foray talismans. 16 hour-long forays that require four people so one person can use old kaibanish one time (assuming you get lucky and get no extras)? Seems totally not worth.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Do the tumbleweeds get destroyed when they get ripped up?