What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Asmodron said:

4 contestations for each regent.
    5 now.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Keorin

Same. I don't even know what's going on.  But people aren't happy being sheep at least.
  • If people are tempted, I could just throw the posts up so they are more informed of what is happening. I'd try to explain again why this 'repeat of history' is a bad idea to begin with but my words seem to be ringing hollow. I'll return back after the election drama is over and see just what grandeur of positivity and growth it truly has given...

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited April 2017
    Never did get me back for that cleave. RIP, homie.

Edit: You just received message #10044 from Omor.

Oh shit. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Daeir said:
    Hashan Stuff!

The biggest problem here is you remove Regi for seemingly zero legitimate reason other than we have the votes, and we can pretend that is democracy in action.  Maybe if there was a real point of contention that we could argue about politically it would make sense and be more interesting.  But instead we are left with the removal of a very active and popular person for what looks like the kind of nonsense that ruined Oz's political career. 

Just feels shortsighted with no end goal to actually make Hashan stronger, so it instead makes it weaker. When the movie theater keeps placing the same movie over and over again, it might be time to find a new theater.
  • @ozmatiah that is democracy in action though. If you have the votes, that means more people wanted the other candidate as opposed to Regi, for whatever reason or no reason at all. I won't necessarily say that it is a good move, but it is absolutely democratic.

• edited April 2017
    @Antidas I agree with this too, completely legal and democratic. There are a bunch of elections running too that are equally democratic, it's a fucking democratic explosion :D. Whatever all happens, I'm having a great time with it all, I love writing and speaking passionately from Regi's perspective, whether it be political discourse, romantic moments, singing songs of battle. So much fun.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.

It sucks, but there's not much you can do, really.
    Huh. Neat.
  • This is basically what Hashan's political scene feels like right now:

Image result for mud slinging gif
    Don't read the posts then, Asmodron.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I look pretty good in that pic  =)
     <3 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Pretty sure that's what most political scenes look like.

• What happened today, you ask? I'll tell you! @Ireth held a marvelous ball commemorating the end of the Festivi Noctus. I won, because I'm awesome. The ball was great fun, with a much larger and more diverse turnout that I had expected. There was a lot of interaction and RP initiative taken, and I am so proud of that. Props to @Gamoneterik for the music duel and for being my tap dance backing track. Also, @Katoreos for the cool song of the ancients. All in all, I had a great time. I haven't had to improv that much in, well, ever. bard rp is best rp

• Ehene said:
    What happened today, you ask? I'll tell you! @Ireth held a marvelous ball commemorating the end of the Festivi Noctus. I won, because I'm awesome. The ball was great fun, with a much larger and more diverse turnout that I had expected. There was a lot of interaction and RP initiative taken, and I am so proud of that. Props to @Gamoneterik for the music duel and for being my tap dance backing track. Also, @Katoreos for the cool song of the ancients. All in all, I had a great time. I haven't had to improv that much in, well, ever. bard rp is best rp
    Yeah that felt so good to improv the emotes with you. Been missing that sort of stuff, definitely good to be able to whip out an instrument in character and play for people. Perfect gathering for it, so I'm glad I was there to go with it. Had a great time :)
    "To thine own self be true."
  • Ireth said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to thank everyone that showed up as well. it was amazing and much appreciated. For all of you that i could see: Evastiana, Nymaane, Ozmatiah, Bellis, Melodie, Ailea, Tilia, Elsam, Boosteya, Gamoneterik, Marra, Iolanthe, Azuire, Mirek, Tyamat, Ehene, Keorin, Asria, Daeir, Lenn, Calomhe, Byakko, Katoreos, Kresslack, Vallie, Solfege, Ysela, Kief, Amanda, Truax, and Sholen thank you so much for the interaction and the just all around fun. Also thank you @Atalkez for crashing the party, (twice) that was awesome!

Best ball I've ever been to. And I'm not just pissing in your pocket! I think actually, Gam has only been to one other ball when he was 100 or so :D
    "To thine own self be true."
  • Mathilda said:
    I look pretty good in that pic  =)

Mudmasks ^^
    Asmodron said:
    Mathilda said:

Mudmasks ^^
    Hey Mathilda, do you think that these are going to make my skin look younger?
  • Jonathin said:
    Asmodron said:
    Mathilda said:

Mudmasks ^^
    Far beyond that point I'm afraid
    You monster.
  • Went 1-41 vs umbral behemoth. Think I'm missing a quest item or something. Brute force didn't work that great.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Went 1-41 vs umbral behemoth. Think I'm missing a quest item or something. Brute force didn't work that great.
    Lafrin v2.0, you got this. Only another 40-odd deaths and you'll get it.
  • Jonathin said:
    Asmodron said:
    Mathilda said:

Mudmasks ^^
    Yes but you got to wash it off with salt to complete the regimen.
     <3 
  • Broke Mirror Tower so hard that Atalkez couldn't get out of [REDACTED1]
    [REDACTED2] was attacking every like 0.5 seconds and insta-gibbing folks.
    I pierced the veil and completely broke [REDACTED3]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited April 2017
    edit: bah, wrong thread
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    .         <><><><><><><><><   BALANCE   ><><><><><><><//====o
    You viciously jab a crude-looking rapier into an atavian warrior.
    The songblessing upon the rapier sings out with a piercing high note. - WORLD-SHATTERING
    You have slain an atavian warrior, retrieving the corpse.
    A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You have completed the Arcadian Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #3556 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!

Arcadian Genocide with no hunting in Arcadia was rough. Bye Genji, I won't miss you.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Sorry @Frederich, I am unashamedly a kill-thief in this one.

You rip into Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have slain Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord, retrieving the corpse.
    A bone key tumbles out of the corpse of Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord.
    A book titled "The Lesser Book of Eschaton" by Cornelius Kantara tumbles out of the corpse of
    Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord.
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A mountainous pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You feel a surge of energy course through your body as a sycophantic shoulder cape feeds upon the
    lifeforce of your fallen foe.