How many hours do you put in weekly on average?

edited April 2017 in North of Thera
I'm considering experencing the game as a truly fresh character again, but wondering how much can I enjoy the game with limited hours. Pretty curious on how many hours you guys spend weekly, and what do you normally do( finding PK, bashing, RP, AFK )?

Comments

• I'm logged in most days, all day, just because of the nature of my job - however I am not always actively doing anything.
  • More than I should.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Lol Carmain playing more since he retired than he has in 5 years.
  • The rise of mobile internet has certainly done great things!  =) Laptop at school and work ftw.
     <3 
  • Nearly everyday, for an upwards of 5 hours per day. 

I might be developing a problem at this point. 
  • Tend to build up a couple days worth a week, a lot of that is just talking though, can only get out into the world at certain parts of the day which is where the value play kicks in. You don't need stupid amounts of time if you're focused.
  • I'm online a lot, but mostly I just sit afk somewhere. Does that count?
  • Clicked the wrong one, anywhere from 20-30 hours

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I try to get on at least once a day and hunt up a fair bit of gold. If not I tend to sit afk on my ship to catch up with people I find interesting, but not interesting enough to allow them into my life outside of Achaea.
  • Anywhere from 1hr/week to 30 hr/week. Just depends

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • What Atalkez said. When I'm at my peak activity and interest, probably closer to 30hr/week. Right now though, I'm in a bit of an Achaea slump and playing other games, so its closer to 5hr/week. Fully depends on how I'm feeling about logging in!

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'll go along with 'more than I should'

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Antidas said:
    What Atalkez said. When I'm at my peak activity and interest, probably closer to 30hr/week. Right now though, I'm in a bit of an Achaea slump and playing other games, so its closer to 5hr/week. Fully depends on how I'm feeling about logging in!

What these guys said. On average, it's very low. I might do 40 hours one week (though a lot of that will often be spent working on the huge number of coding projects I keep putting off), then not log in for more than an hour the next few weeks.
  • Did the math and my number was actually closer to 30-40. But, that's not an option...
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • A bit higher than 20-30 as well, but depends on the week. Been hunting a lot lately though, so once I've gotten bored with that it'll be back to sitting around and not doing too much.

• I bash like 90% of the time when I'm at work, albeit absentmindedly. I log on probably 3-4 nights a week and bash from 9pm-11pm if I'm not tired. Been hitting the gym hard lately though so resting more at home.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Total Time Played: 406 days, 11 hours and 18 minutes                        |
    | Time This Week   : 10 hours and 15 minutes   

It's Tuesday :dissapointed:
  • EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited April 2017
    I think you can definitely enjoy the game on lower hours, but skill/achievement goals would likely play a part in that. I've had the most memorable fun when working on something specific or improving at something, like, say, learning combat in middle/high school or building the Restoration.

Most of my login time has been spent sitting around and lurking to capitalize on events (literal events, people who I want to speak with becoming available, or fights) for the better part of a decade at this point, though I still have a fire when I want to complete some project. I usually save writing for the times I'm logged in, since it's easier for me to refer to things that way and because it helps limit the amount of time and thought I spend on Achaea.

In my opinion, meaningful roleplay requires being in the right place at the right time with the right skillset or range of knowledge, which requires preparation through building an in-character foundation. As long as you have some idea of how you want to build that foundation, it might not actually take too much heavy a time investment.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    When I've lost my damned mind it is well over thirty. When I'm on that slippery slope of returning to the game it's 4 hours here, then 6, then 40 :( 

That being said, you can accomplish a lot in a little amount of time or very little in 400 ig years.... jeezy pete, what have I done with my life
     yes, sir.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    When I was in uni, if I wasn't in class/showering/travelling/feeding myself, I was on Achaea. Could go up to 16 hours a day. These days, because of work and other things, it's much less. I find it difficult to dedicate huge blocks of time to Achaea any more - instead my login patterns are very sporadic through the day. I'm on for the most consistent length of time when I come home after work, but then I'm usually earning gold (because I'm perpetually out of it).

I'll set aside time for things like Restoration events, but otherwise these days if I'm bored I won't just sit around, I'll go play other games or watch other things.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm on almost all day every day, but most of it is afking cause I'm working or doing/playing something else. I mostly login for the company.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm logged in most of the day, but most of my time spent on Achaea is tabbed out waiting for quest cooldowns to finish (12+ hours ftw)
    Huh. Neat.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Personally,
    200.gif 692.3K

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Between two jobs and other obligations, I get on and mess around when I can with what I can, mainly sailing around, poking at trades and seamonsters.

• I really do want to play more, but there are very few moments where I have a solid block of time to commit, and anything besides bashing feels like I need at least a good hour minimum to dive into it. So for now, I only say hello here and there :(

• Issam said:
    I really do want to play more, but there are very few moments where I have a solid block of time to commit, and anything besides bashing feels like I need at least a good hour minimum to dive into it. So for now, I only say hello here and there :(

:(
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I sometimes log in for half an hour before work but the majority of my playing time these days is 5-6 hours after work, and most of the weekends. Timezone difference is really crappy for me and I usually miss out on events/raid defense, so I pretty much just focus on doing my own thing until I get bored.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I picked 20ish for when I am paying full attention. Often I am playing something in a monitor and sitting somewhere in Achaea chatting in tells and stuff in the second monitor. Can still see what's happening but not giving it much attention.
  • From Makarios and myself, ahahahahahaha