Making alts in the same orgs

13»

Comments

• Rangor said:
    What bothers me the most is people in my city retiring, then making new characters in the same.e city and going "hey its me!" two months later.
    I waited 5 months and a dormancy tyvm
  • Cooper said:
    Klendathu said:
    Krypton said:
    Speaking of incessant repeat alts....

WTF was up with that one person making alts over and over, in multiple cities, renaming them "Swdsfsf," then suiciding
    My guess it it's Achaea itself freeing up the names so they can be reused.
    Nope. It was someone abusing the wheel and transferring stuff to other characters. I watched it happen for like 5 hours one night. 

They would level to 20 to get bound credits, use them to spin the wheel, bet on roulette in New Thera, then drop a pack with stuff in it in random locations, then go to the bank in Ashtan, change their name, and finally suicide to start over. 
    If you know who the main was, name and shame, or even issue. That is a serious abuse of seconds.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I did issue. It was taken care of.

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Secretly I'm Josslyn. >:(
     yes, sir.
  • Jozlyn said:
    That moment when I'm feverish enough I can't quite decide whether to believe this or not.
  • Vadik said:
    Jozlyn said:
    That moment when I'm feverish enough I can't quite decide whether to believe this or not.
    It's true, I've never mudsexed both at the same time.
  • Let's say you like a Class, House, and City, but you pissed off a Divine by saying, "No" to them once [No, I am not interested in your new Order, I like the one I am already working towards, but thank You for the compliment], and that creates issues which translate into Player issues because Divine have a lot of influence, and not all of them use it to benefit the game.

And you work for over two real life years with Admin to get things fixed for your original, given that the Divine's hurt feelings and vendetta are what created the schism, with a couple folks only too happy to pick up the ball and roll with it.

You find your own dear friend Divine (whom you assisted greatly when they returned to Achaea after a long absence in helping them fit in, return to their roots, etc. before they ascended) unable to do anything, and in fact they have to turn on you as well due to a rule created just to "get" you in that one last way (a rule never enforced before nor after).

And during this time you also start fresh, letting nobody know "who" you are. Not even people OOC. You are very careful about it. Not playing your original, just playing your new. But missing your friends, missing your long established relationships and very intricate history and ability to share Achaean history by virtue of having been there, not just having read about it.

You do it the right way. Newbie, not clueless, because you were not clueless the first time either, having enjoyed and played other RPG/Text/MUDs.

And everything is going fine, and you are similar, yet different (wearing clothes, even! Blech! And not smelling! Liking combat even less than your original, but being willing to learn, and not sure when and why it is necessary), from your original, although your basic belief system is the same because that is who you are and you really do not know how to be somebody else. But the little differences are enough to establish a different character.

And you become a full member in your House, and you are having a wonderful time. You get bloodlined by people you never knew on your main, even though you could have, and it is a relationship which develops naturally, and not instigated by you, but by them.

And you are enjoying your life in Achaea, your Class, your House, your City, your new friends, your new family.

And then one day you are accused of being "familiar" by more than one person - and you come to find out that one of the Divine broke IRE rules by busting you to the same people you had issues with on your original. 

And suddenly your differences no longer matter, and every word out of your mouth is suspect.

At this point you do let two friends know OOC who you are so that they are not sucker punched or blamed for anything.

The Garden writes to you, and you explain, and they are more than satisfied. 

But that experience is ruined for you, life is made untenable. 

So you appeal again, for some assistance, and none is forthcoming. The Garden makes promises, but there is only so much they can reasonably do.

So you finally give it up, make the change you never wanted to make, change Class (difficult both on a personal and an RP backstory level), stop being rogue, and move to a different City, return to you original Divine who always said She would take you back at any time.

So yes, there was good reason for the alt, and no reason other than spite for it to have been messed with and "outed" contrary to IRE rules.

But all in all, I am very happy, Prythe is very happy, where she is, what she is doing, and her new relationships are wonderful, and she gets to speak with her old friends as herself, and share memories and futures with friends old and new.

And constantly recruiting for Cyrene!

And laughing from afar at flustercucks and disappearing Divine and all the deja vu all over again and again and again.

But I think this story needed to be shared because Alts in same orgs are not always there for malicious reasons. Sometimes it's just as simple as wanting to recapture enjoyment, for whatever reason it was no longer available to the main or first character.

Those few who view all that happened from a different perspective, try to avoid commenting. That's not what this thread is about, and this is OOC which allows OOC records so.... just don't and say you did. You "won." You don't have to deal with Prythe anymore. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited April 2017
    Sometimes, the mannerisms of characters and their way of speech can give them away, especially if they're reusing the same personality for an alt. It may not necessarily be because someone told on you, but because these little things became recognised, or "familiar".

Your story sounded very much like you were forced to create an alt to get away from problems that spawned because you knew the player of a Divine, which you weren't supposed to know, though. (E.g. whom you assisted greatly when they returned to Achaea after a long absence in helping them fit in, return to their roots, etc. before they ascended, unless you were referring to original Ourania or Maran). But these things eventually get really iffy if you were friends beforehand and people aren't mature enough to not abuse the knowledge.
  • Marisella said:
    Sometimes, the mannerisms of characters and their way of speech can give them away, especially if they're reusing the same personality for an alt. It may not necessarily be because someone told on you, but because these little things became recognised, or "familiar".

Your story sounded very much like you were forced to create an alt to get away from problems that spawned because you knew the player of a Divine, which you weren't supposed to know, though. (E.g. whom you assisted greatly when they returned to Achaea after a long absence in helping them fit in, return to their roots, etc. before they ascended, unless you were referring to original Ourania or Maran). But these things eventually get really iffy if you were friends beforehand and people aren't mature enough to not abuse the knowledge.
    I agree. It was hard to be totally different. I wasn't willing to act uneducated, or slow, so I did it with more outward things like clothing and bathing as noted. Although I took care to change forms of greetings and interactions and the like.

I was intentionally vague in some ways because I don't want to violate any rules myself, but I do want to clarify - my friend was not the person who messed me up, they got caught up in a situation beyond their control (I give them the RL benefit of the doubt always, and still love their Divine character, although it is now tinged with sadness) and I still consider them a friend (and hope it is mutual).

I didn't know the person behind the Divine who caused the issues after they felt injured by me, and then took that first injury from their initial Divine character to a second Divine character.

They might have known me in their player, but I have no idea who their player was.

I wasn't aware that so many people know so many players behind the Divine until I had been playing Achaea for well over a decade. For all my age and supposed knowledge, sometimes I am ridiculously naive. 

My understanding is that they are no longer active, which is not the worst thing I ever heard. Probably better for Achaea that way.

(They reminded me of Demeter who Sarapis one called, "The Worse Divine Ever!" which I wore as a Warcry for a bit...." - but that was another land, and besides the wench is dead.)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it