Glooooooobes

Comments

• First 100 globes (not complete list,but close enough)

Over 1000cr, another 525 in sales of talisman pieces
    Full Death Talisman set, with so many extras I could trade them in for close to 300cr or sell at discount prices for about 700cr.
    10 Mayan Crowns, 
    212+ sips of lucky, 
    Free Trait reset
    4? featureless figurines
    countless herbs and comms,
    530 upgrade credits, 
    23 artefact vouchers
    7 Wooden Box of parts
    9 wooden Crate with flower pots
    5 Books of humgii tickets
    something close to 500k in gold
    Enough vials to fill my spigoted rift and still have extras.

• Wow, city talisman cache suuuucks :dizzy:

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The tendrils for a tumbleweed talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The crank for a broken music box talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The salt for a disgusting biscuit talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The stem of a tumbleweed talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The stem of a tumbleweed talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The frame for a broken music box talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The vines for a tumbleweed talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The salt for a disgusting biscuit talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The roots for a tumbleweed talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The special ingredient for a disgusting biscuit talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The roots for a tumbleweed talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The sugar for a disgusting biscuit talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The vines for a tumbleweed talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The lock for a set of wraith shackles talisman piece!

• You made 2 full tumbleweeds you ungrateful dick.
  • Tumbleweeds have 100 tradein value. Not sucky at all.
  • Dochitha said:
    Tumbleweeds have 100 tradein value. Not sucky at all.
    I hate you so much right now. 

• edited April 2017
    That was kind of the point.. Everyone I talked to said CITIES suck (and I didn't really like many of the prizes).  Figured I'd try with 8 caches.

edit:  Though I do hate getting the same pieces in the same cache.   But hey, I'm up close to 3000cr off these globes now.  Got tons of extras, tons of cool stuff.  I'm not bitching.

• I have no complaints about the value of the globes, but I really wanted to complete some talismans other than biscuit and tumbleweed, and they seem so rare!

I opened a lot of caches (maybe 20, idk the number) and only got one piece that wasn't tumbleweed or biscuit. And nobody seems to be selling them either. Where are all the pieces? :(
  • they are INSIDE the biscuit. Cyrene fooled us all
  • Value of globes is still great (honestly it's probably too good) even if all you get is biscuit pieces. I do agree it would be nice to see some of the other pieces, though!

• Wtb wraith shackle pieces. At least I finished an urn though, got 3 of 4 pieces out of caches.

• Opened 5 for cities.  Mostly biscuits.

4 tumbleweed pieces ( 3 of which were the same)

1 musicbox piece.  When will this torment end.
  • Selling globes in bulk for 35 credits each, if anyone's interested.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Sometimes I feel like this:

Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Sold a few to Seragorn. Willing to do 33 credits, I don't really have a purchase limit but must be in bulk.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

14:48:56 A special prize will be in one of the next fifty globes to be opened!

14:48:57 The special globe prize has been claimed!

Dayum....

• Daeir said:
    Never underestimate the propensity for people to abuse whatever means imaginable to satisfy their own selfishness and greed

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Kresslack said:

14:48:56 A special prize will be in one of the next fifty globes to be opened!

14:48:57 The special globe prize has been claimed!

Dayum....
    I didn't even stand a chance. 1 second. Holy shit. I've never seen one claimed that quickly.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I've already seen the special prize claimed in <1s four times this promo.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited April 2017
    I think they should really add a balance requirement to opening globes. @Nicola, @Makarios, thoughts?

NVM, done!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4746
    Date: 04/09/2017 at 20:16
    To : Everyone
    Subj: The special globe prize

To remove the ability to trigger open 50 globe when the special alert comes up, we have added a short balance on opening a globe when the special prize is within the next 50 globes. We will be making further tweaks to ensure guaranteed claiming of said large prize cannot be achieved if necessary.

Penned by My hand on the 9th of Ero, in the year 739 AF.

• To remove the ability to trigger open 50 globe when the special alert comes up, we have added a short balance on opening a globe when the special prize is within the next 50 globes. We will be making further tweaks to ensure guaranteed claiming of said large prize cannot be achieved if necessary.

Good job guys.
  • Daeir said:
    Never underestimate the propensity for people to abuse whatever means imaginable to satisfy their own selfishness and greed, all in the name of milking extra value from a promotion that is already top tier as far as value goes.

Disgusting, honestly. Absolutely disgusting.
    ^This

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I agree with this change for sure.

But those of you who have been selling globes for 30-35 credits each are going to find a hard time selling them at that price now to those willing to do it in bulk. The people buying 1-5 at a time will probably keep doing it though.

And just to pre-clarify and to reiterate, I fully support this change and think it is a good thing, it just adjusts the value of globes from player to player.

• Daeir said:
    I honestly think the special prize credits/rewards should be retroactively scrubbed from people who triggered opening globes.
    That's because you're a filthy peasant.

• edited April 2017
    Funny...those saying they support this change are the very ones that have been triggerring the opening of globes to win the prize...multiple times.

The irony is real
  • edited April 2017
    Asmodron said:
    Funny...those saying they support this change are the very ones that have been triggerring the opening of globes to win the prize...multiple times.

The irony is real
    It's not irony, they know it was silly and broken and happy to accept it, fixing it was better than exploiting it, but it existed so why not make use of it? Also it's not irony because that's not what irony means.
  • edited April 2017
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

The irony is real
    It's not irony, they know it was silly and broken and happy to accept it, fixing it was better than exploiting it, but it existed so why not make use of it? Also it's not irony because that's not what irony means.
     irony can relate to several different ideas one of which, per the dictationary:

"An outcome of events contrary to what was expected"

Another from another dictionary is

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result"

In this situation, the very people abusing the promotion openly and even stating they are only doing globes to trigger grab the prize, ending up supporting its removal. 

While I know your snarkiness was an attempt at defending friends and perhaps yourself for utilizing this rather trashy technique that defines bad spirit to game fun, it doesnt just wash away what happened.

You cant be to both sides of an issue. It is akin to someone having used firearms to shoot someone and then immediately support sanctions on guns when the heat was on.

Edit: additionally. Using the excuse of "it was there, they knew it was silly and they used it but knew it was wrong". In no way absolves anything...and it honestly makes me wonder how you even imagined it does. Perhsps next you should consider checking the defintion of morality?
  • Sorry dude but if there's a plate of cookies on the table with a sign that says free cookies, I'm eating a cookie.
  • In your choice of dictionary definition, it's ironic that you claim I've abused it with having opened 0 globes :)
  • Asmodron said:

The irony is real
    Jfc, that is a whole lot of assumption you're making there. There are quite a few people that are legitimately opening globes without triggers. They just so happen to be hoarding 25-50 globes (many which are merchant types) at a time which should push odds in their favor over those that go on a spending spree during the bonus round. As shown, it can be abused, but don't shit on all of us that have the means to afford a mass quantity of globes and want measures to be in place to prevent this from happening again.

• Asmodron said:

The irony is real
    False.