Bashing attack not scaling?

I am playing a Paladin with the 2H spec in weaponmastery. As soon as I got Slaughter I rushed over to Manara Burrow and started wailing on some gnolls. Each attack did 26% of the HP of the level one gnolls, great.

Days later, I have specialized in Strength as a human, I have access to a +2 Str buff in Devotion that I would use before hunting, and occasionally somebody would toss a +Str artifact my way before I hunted. Additionally, I learned a lot more Weaponmastery, getting up to Hew. I happily went over to Manara, expecting to wreck some gnolls, and... 26% HP damage per hit. 

What's going on? Is this bugged? I thought the extra strength would help. If it doesn't, surely the extra lessons would at least? I'm using KILL as my command, but if I use ATTACK or SLAUGHTER instead it's no difference. Always 26% damage. 

Any ideas of what might be going on, if this is a bugged, if Slaughter simply never scales and a newbie bashes just as well as an omnitrans*?

*Note, I'm not trans yet. But there has been no difference with the couple hundred lessons I've sunk so far.

Best Answer

Answers

• There could be a bug.

I think that Weaponmastery scales more on accuracy and speed over damage, though.

Also, devotion inspiration wears off pretty quickly (2 minutes if I remember right). 

• Two handed also gets a major boost when you get up to Focus in Weaponmastery, because you can BATTLEFURY FOCUS SPEED|SLAUGHTER TARGET.
  • Cooper said:
    There could be a bug.

I think that Weaponmastery scales more on accuracy and speed over damage, though.

Also, devotion inspiration wears off pretty quickly (2 minutes if I remember right). 
    Inspiration lasts ten minutes. Used to be 3 minutes 20 seconds but that was changed probably eight or nine years ago.
  • I would also, should classlead hunting damage for dW to scale better with strength. Basically all hunting that involves a strength class should scale with investment in strength. Cos Thoth scales very well with strength. 
  • edited April 2017
    Dochitha said:
    I would also, should classlead hunting damage for dW to scale better with strength. Basically all hunting that involves a strength class should scale with investment in strength. Cos Thoth scales very well with strength. 
    Knights don't need to be better at hunting than they already are. Unless it's SnB. Thoth should be scaled down, since you're not meant to use a dirk for bashing (which was supposedly changed so that it wasn't superior to anything, guess something happened), not everything else scaled up.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2017
    They maybe shouldnt be better right out of the shop, so to speak. They should definitely scale better with strength artefacts, though, I think.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.