Which class for combat with high ping?

I'm considering coming back after a long hiatus, going to start fresh again and will try to seriously get into combat. Leaning towards a runewarden, but my ping floats between 250-320, would it be advisable to go with this class? Is it even possible to get into combat with this kind of ping?

Comments

• It'll be a bit harder no matter what class you pick, but I would stay clear of momentum classes. Those generally require you to attack constantly and quickly to build up afflictions on your opponent, which will be even more difficult for you if you're unable to react quickly due to ping.

I'd probably point you towards one of the knight classes, monk, or maybe blademaster

• Antidas said:
    It'll be a bit harder no matter what class you pick, but I would stay clear of momentum classes. Those generally require you to attack constantly and quickly to build up afflictions on your opponent, which will be even more difficult for you if you're unable to react quickly due to ping.

I'd probably point you towards one of the knight classes, monk, or maybe blademaster
    I'd appreciate the fast response! So would runewarden be a viable choice in my case?
  • Though I would imagine using serverside curing (mimics 100ms ping) and serverside queuing would help mitigate it to make any class fairly viable.

edit: Really?  Editing one post twice and trying to post again in another thread incurs a spam block for 10 minutes?  GTFOH

• 250ms-320ms ping is what I am having. And mostly all I play are affliction classes. There one class that will probably struggle with ping is Shaman, due to it's requirement to be very accurate and the quick 1s swiftcurse balance.

I think the ping is fine while not the best, it looks average and I am sure a lot of us play with that ping. Of course prep classes are more forgiving in terms of ping, don't let it discourage you from trying affliction classes.
  • I'd suggest monk since it's kill route doesn't rely on aff pressure at all- at least not bbt. You can know the round before you break legs, then queue up your finisher rather than needing to react too much. If you want to go knight, stay away from dual cut or sword/shield, since those need the venom pressure to help manage. I'd say dual blunt over twohand too, since there is some minor aff tracking involved - not a whole lot though so if you'd really rather it, I'm sure you could get 2h to work. You'll rely on timing more than anything for stuff like rebounding - over time you'll 'feel' when you need to raze again and be able to predict it, so long as your lag is steady. Monk gets a leg up there too though since you don't need to worry about it at all.
  • 2H is a weird momentum class/spec since it's so very slow. It works well enough for me and my ping (higher than yours ;), although I still do hit rebounding/shield occasionally. Serverside curing and healing is going to be your very best friend!
     <3 
  • Hmm. Should idea serverside triggers and variables.  Yummy. 
  • Every class is going to suffer from high ping, prep classes aren't an exception. I'd suggest something like Depthswalker or Occultist which have plenty of smart-aff abilities, which will always afflict with something
  • Dochitha said:
    Hmm. Should idea serverside triggers and variables.  Yummy. 
    It will never happen so not really any point.
  • Antonius said:
    Dochitha said:
    Hmm. Should idea serverside triggers and variables.  Yummy. 
    It will never happen so not really any point.
    Possibilities. Humanity. Forward.