Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
[Mudlet] Nexus-like Room Tracker
I've been puzzling over this idea for a while, but figure I could definitely use some help. For those who have played serverside, there's a mini-console devoted to Players, Denizens, and Items in a room. It updates automatically when anything changes (enters/picked up/dropped/etc) and is unbelievable useful. You can also minimize each section if, for example, you didn't care what items were in the rooms you traversed.
I'm pretty new to Mudlet and only recently started thinking about this, but my thoughts are:
- We need to create a mini-console that records gmcpPlayers and general room items
- Changes need to be pulled to the console in real time
- It should print the name of your current room at the top of the console
- Current targets should be highlighted in a different color
- We should be able to minimize each section
- Options to color code player names by city/class/whatever (kind of superfluous)
Is this do-able? Has someone done it? I'm going to start looking into this more seriously, but I'm very curious about any attempts or successes (!) that I may not know about.