What If?

I figured it might be interesting to make a thread for ideas you know won't happen/don't work because reasons, but would be really cool anyway.

What if BBT was more of an enlighten/unravel instakill? The final BBT, instead of killing them, gives them the broken spine affliction, which permanently paralyzes and prones them. The monk can then do this:

APART <target>Works on/against:  Adventurers
Cooldown:          ?.?? seconds of balance
Details:
Once you have broken someone's spine, you may tear their weakened body
in half, instantly killing them and leaving their gruesome remains 
strewn about the room.

This will have no effect on a target that has not had their spine 
broken by the backbreaker throw.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------</code><div><code>Abilities in Tekura
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...                 ...
Pinch               A special and powerful block.
Backbreaker         The ultimate throw.
Rip                 Rip and tear, until it is done.
Jumpkick            Attack someone in an adjacent room with a flying kick.
Dragon              The superior state of mind.
To gain further information on an ability, AB <ability>.

Rip (Tekura)                                  Known: Yes
Syntax:            RIP 

Comments

• I thought this had something to do with Randall Munroe, and now I'm super duper bummed D: 

I'd like Paladins to get Inquisition, while we're dreaming. 
  • What if mage had a different instant kill for each element?

Crush for earth
    Shred for air
  • Remilia said:
    I figured it might be interesting to make a thread for ideas you know won't happen/don't work because reasons, but would be really cool anyway.

What if BBT was more of an enlighten/unravel instakill? The final BBT, instead of killing them, gives them the broken spine affliction, which permanently paralyzes and prones them. The monk can then do this:

APART <target></code><div><code>Abilities in Tekura
    ...                 ...
    Rip                 Rip and tear, until it is done.

Rip (Tekura)                                  Known: Yes
    Syntax:            RIP 
    Works on/against: Adventurers Cooldown: ?.?? seconds of balance Details: Once you have broken someone's spine, you may tear their weakened body in half, instantly killing them and leaving their gruesome remains strewn about the room. This will have no effect on a target that has not had their spine broken by the backbreaker throw. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and one more for a finishing move, where you get to sever head (and the spine) from the body. fatality indeed.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  •  <target>Works on/against:  denizens
    Details:
    Hey look, now you can actually do what every other class can do and kill
    things at speed that isn't beyond fucking awful. Good thing it's not specifically,
     AT transcendent too! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Abilities in Tekura
    ...                 ...
    Bash                Do what every class does

Bash (Tekura)                                  Known: Yes
    Syntax:            COMBO BASH
  • So essentially similar to Dismember in Metamorphosis Jaguar.
  • Whar if dragons have sprint eh

On a more serious note, what if cities could use font power in lieu of Order essence to desecrate/judgment? :o
     <3 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Remilia said:
    What if different cities had cosmetically different Tekura specs. They'd all work the same way, but instead of Bear/Scorpion/Dragon stances, you could have Mantis/Spider/Snake stances, or Boulder/Willow/Waterfall stances.
    Good idea! For example, Cyrene gets Missionary/Doggystyle/Cowboy...
    Numb overpowered
  • i have seen what lusternia has offer for unique lines for each monks, it make thing complicated.... probably.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    DwC with tunesmithing and vivisection.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kenway said:
    DwC with tunesmithing and vivisection.
    Need to lay off the brownies, bro.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby