Achaea in 2004!

Comments

• Image result for those are rookie numbers      
  • Out of all the characteristics of Achaea, they pick out gleam to discuss?
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    This killed me.
     yes, sir.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Lol this is so wonderfully adorable. It's so hard to believe that was 13 years ago, before I even began playing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Trey said:
    "Some have even spent hours in this game!"

Filthy fucking casual.

Was literally about to post this quote too. It kills me...

Also @Arcturus this may be you. He said is character name was "Arch-ee-optrics".

However, he called it Archaea so it appears he is throwing out extra R's left and right. I wouldn't put it past him to mispronounce his own character name!
  • edited March 2017
    He said "Archeopteryx"

Edit- also said Achaea correctly.

Double edit- but the vid shows his name as Archeopteron.

• lol I remember that website. Had to click the blue banner to enter it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Best website. Downloaded so many random help files and maps from there back in the day! Pretty sure I still have my old binder lying around somewhere...

• Back when Achaea was good.
  • this was actually how I found Achaea. Laying on the couch with a bum leg.
  • I started Achaea in 2004!

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I miss my Purple Brick background :'(
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Coamenel said:
    Out of all the characteristics of Achaea, they pick out gleam to discuss?
    Was actually a pretty controversial issue back then.

Here's an article on Wired about when it was introduced. 

http://archive.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2004/05/63578?currentPage=all

• I love how people made such a big deal about Achaea having cocaine while HellMoo literally let you rape and murder children and then snort their ashes.
  • Gwynrii said:
    HellMoo literally let you rape and murder children and then snort their ashes.
    Wait, what?
  • When Achaea had 500+ people on.... and more than 3k ranked persons.... and Dragon Monks
  • Sounds like I've been playing the wrong game.
  • I can't imagine 500+ players logged on at once. This makes me wonder how many players we have here in Achaea.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    I can't imagine 500+ players logged on at once. This makes me wonder how many players we have here in Achaea.
    And trying to hunt, but in 2000-2002 I think the biggest hunting grounds were mog/dun/UW/bella's/ LHG. There was also inbhir and kam and aran'roid if you went far north, but if there was any decent number of bashers you got nada
  • I don't think Achaea broke 500+ people on very many times. It certainly wasn't ever an average number of players online even during peak hours.

• I miss them olden days.
  • Morthif said:
    this was actually how I found Achaea.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Cooper said:
    I don't think Achaea broke 500+ people on very many times. It certainly wasn't ever an average number of players online even during peak hours.
    Probably not on average, but it did sit damn close for a hot minute. At least, it sure felt like it. The world was smaller then, too. Figuratively and literally.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Omg purple bricks. 
  • Jonathin said:
    Cooper said:
    I don't think Achaea broke 500+ people on very many times. It certainly wasn't ever an average number of players online even during peak hours.
    Probably not on average, but it did sit damn close for a hot minute. At least, it sure felt like it. The world was smaller then, too. Figuratively and literally.
    No, the average never sat anywhere near close to 500, and not even close to 400. Seeing 300 was a lot of people and didn't happen that often.

• mid 300s was common during 2000-2002 when I started and played to the levels I do now, 400 for small events and 500 for the big stuff. Could be that wonderful Mandela effect, but that was pretty common. It would drop to about 150 during aussie night (around 8pm AEST)
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think we hit around 500 for Bal'met as well, at least for the finale where Sarapis and Maya both said bye and we got sent into Nishnatoba as demigods. The lag was very real that day.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I still remember the spam on the gods channel...disconnected more than a few. Im happy i still got my dala'myrr kill by divine zap ^^. Made it my returnmessage