XP/hour Tracker for Mudlet

Here's the XP/hour tracker for Mudlet I made. Its a pretty simple script - it just tracks your XP for the last hour the profile has been opened, updated on the minute. Your XP/hour is echo'd to a Geyser Label, which you can find under the Scripts, so that you can adjust its position.

XPTracker Package

Comments

• Why on earth...?

• I think it helps bads like me judge whether they're bashing "efficiently" or not (and how well the areas we're bashing are working out for us). 
  • @Jacen think this may be missing something. The box it creates is empty and I can't find anywhere in the script where it captures my XP. Then again, I am completely ignorant to scripting. I also have SVO and zulah gui (if any of those could be affecting it). This is totally invented for people who need more to look at when bashing <3 
  • The updating should happen in the Timer. Check the Timers tab to see ifnit made one. Its possible I forgot to include it in the package.
  • The package has been updated. It was indeed broken, as I was using my limb counter's round function and not supplying one with the package. Hopefully it will work now!
  • The label the package creates cannot sit on top of a label that gets updated, or it will constantly get pushed behind it. This means if you have a full screen GUI, ala Zulah's, you have to carve out an area for the label to sit.

re @Silas, I made it to kinda track bashing efficiency, so I can compare bashing areas, or bashing areas differently. Its meant to be a number that you try to keep pushing higher, but is more responsive than just plain XP.

People will use it however they wish though, so my intentions for it matter little in the big picture.
  • Works great now, thanks!!

• Very nice.  Can we also get a lulz/hr tracker add-on?  I tend to lose track, particularly with the advent of knight and BM alts piling onto clouds/arenas these days.

• edited August 2015
    I can't seem to be able to find where this is, even after I change the X, Y.

Is there something I've gotta have/do/add? I really want this because.... I dunno. I just want it lol
  • I'll have to look at it when I get home. Any chance you're using Zulah's GUI? It needs modification to work with this script
  • Nope, just a few scripts thrown haphazardly together that I'm proud of, heh.
  • You can change this line -- XPTracker.XPLabel:setColor("black") -- to green instead of black so you can see the label and move it where you want to. It only gets updated once per minute, starting at the first minute, so the first 60 seconds the profile is open, the label is blank and you won't see any text in it.

Don't move it over the top of any GUI elements that get updated often, because it'll end up behind them. I think that's what happens with Zulah's GUI, but I'm not sure.

Try these things, and we'll work from there.
  • Tried it, waited for it to pop up for like 5 minutes, got nothing. 

• Idk man. What x,y coords are you using to move the window around? You're not changing the width and height are you?

• Wouldnt move around when I changed the coords until I restarted my prof. You need to make an alias similar to what Klendathu has for his battlerage GUI ragebuild.
  • Ahh, right. In the script, look for the line that says

XPTracker.XPLabel or

and comment it out. Then it'll update whenever you save the script
  • Jacen said:
    Ahh, right. In the script, look for the line that says

XPTracker.XPLabel or

and comment it out. Then it'll update whenever you save the script 
    How do you do that?
  • Just add a -- before the  line, so it'll look like this:

-- XPTracker.XPLabel or
  • Oh, sweet, I got it. Thanks!!
  • Anyone have a working link to this?