2h vs DWC Hunting at higher levels

edited March 2017 in Quick Class Questions
Is there a point when crit chance becomes high enough, that the balance time of DWC and the chance to crit more often makes your overall bashing speed quicker?

Currently 2h and wailing on everything, but in my head, you get roughly 5 dsls per 10s, whiile in the same amount of time you get 4 hammer strikes with bf focus speed, so 10 chances to crit vs 4.

Is the damage of a scimitar so low that a warhammer still beats it out in dps?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The problem with slower, bigger crits is that more damage is wasted as you're likely to have excess damage that isn't carried forward. Repeated smaller crits increase your DPS because less is wasted.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I could try this out tomorrow. Been hunting as DWC and so happen I am in 2h now. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    With a level three sword you are not even that slow :tongue:

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shame, that 450 dollar sword is pretty good!

2h will be fine, save your credits for class skills and such, worse case you can always ask someone nicely to borrow arties (or see if they offer them out as they go offline too!)
  • I just tested with both DPS and actual hunting. Comparing L3 scimitars and both L3 hammer and bastards.

DWC wins hands down. Actual DPS is higher for DWC, while in actual hunting, more crit procs, more time to run on low health etc. HuntingQoL as DWC is better than 2H.
  • Anecdotally, I've found DWC is quicker for less damaging things, but 2h is better for things that can tank a double WSC critical (Sidhe knights, Unsidhe fomori, stuff like that). Having timed myself, I come out on average about four minutes faster in the Sidhe fortress in 2h than DWC, and about six minutes faster in the Quisalis Den in DWC than in 2h (all four floors).
  • Anedhel said:
    Anecdotally, I've found DWC is quicker for less damaging things, but 2h is better for things that can tank a double WSC critical (Sidhe knights, Unsidhe fomori, stuff like that). Having timed myself, I come out on average about four minutes faster in the Sidhe fortress in 2h than DWC, and about six minutes faster in the Quisalis Den in DWC than in 2h (all four floors).
    It's the same for kill speed with Gut versus Tfang in dragon, I've noticed.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• My experience with Sidhes, in terms of time, fully artied and min maxed, quickest goes to Bard (cos dwinnu), then followed by Serpent, then Shaman, then DWC, then 2H. All of these are better than tfang dragon.

Surprisingly, INT fully artied Shaman speed is as good as Serpent, so Shaman probably ranks #2 after serpent as the best hunting class. Bard can take the 3rd.