Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• Klendathu said:
    Pretty sure Mizik requested a massive cock for a custom pet and it was rejected. Can't for the life of me think why :innocent:
    :astonished:
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

•        
  • This would have made the movie much shorter:
    Image may contain one or more people people standing text and outdoor
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Dear god anything but this.

• So, don't all gang up on me at once, but why do people utterly despise laugh tracks so much? I'm not a big fan of them, but I tune them out fairly quickly. I've never discarded a show because it had a laugh track, for instance.
    (I'm not a fan of BBT, so not defending that in particular, for the record.)
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • BBT is hilarious, laugh tracks or not.
  • edited March 2017
    Omor said:
    So, don't all gang up on me at once, but why do people utterly despise laugh tracks so much? I'm not a big fan of them, but I tune them out fairly quickly. I've never discarded a show because it had a laugh track, for instance.
    (I'm not a fan of BBT, so not defending that in particular, for the record.)
    Laughter is contagious, so a poor joke can ellicit some laughs solely because laughter was heard. I actually meant to do a thesis on this for arts in my last year of high school, as I thought I found a difference between live visible audience and "laugh track audience", such as the slight delay in audience response to jokes in who's line is it anyway give the viewer time to react and process if it's funny to them and not just a laugh WITH them moment.

I'm also not going to judge you for thinking the big bang theory is funny...

• Laugh tracks usually don't bother me. But then there are some shows that use the laugh tracks every few seconds (imagine a laugh track after every single line of dialogue, whether there's actually some kind of humour or not), or there's something really grating or annoying about the specific laugh tracks used (I especially hate the short "blips" of heavy laughter, since that's not how laughing works at all), and it just draws all your attention to the laugh track and away from the show, so it's really distracting. And after watching something like that, I tend to be very sensitive to laugh tracks in other shows for a while, which makes them annoying and distracting even if they're used properly.
  • edited March 2017
    As someone who has been part of a live studio audience (For The New Adventures of Old Christine), sometimes the quicker laughs are from something that happened that turned into a retake. Like the episode I watched, her brother slid into a BBQ at one point and they reshot that scene. Because we saw and remembered him doing that, his appearance of sliding into the backyard was still funny, albeit not as funny as someone hurting themselves, but schadenfreude...

meh

• I once saw a diagram that described the Big Bang Theory as a show about smart people made for stupid people. That is the most accurate description, and most of the reason I hate it.

• edited March 2017
    Image result for bbt zimbabwe On topic: when people ask me for a funny nerd comedy, I always suggest IT crowd first. Then it's really a matter of choice and their sense of humour.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Trey said:
    I once saw a diagram that described the Big Bang Theory as a show about smart people made for stupid people. That is the most accurate description, and most of the reason I hate it.

And expanded version:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • Minifie said:
     On topic: when people ask me for a funny nerd comedy, I always suggest IT crowd first. Then it's really a matter of choice and their sense of humour.
    That show was genius.  So glad I found it on Netflix a few years ago.  Best line that most accurately represents the field? "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

• Big Bang Theory makes me inexplicably angry. I cannot stand it.

• I like BBT.  It started going for cheap 'fart joke' type laughs after the first or second season though.  But I still watch it. 

• edited March 2017
    So your venn diagram suggests I'm dumb for watching it, or that it caters to dumb people?

Edit: Because Arrested Development is also some of the funniest tv I've ever watched.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    You obviously didn't read the diagram well, then! Cause it said it was about dumb people, but -for- smart people.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah Arrested Development is, I meant BBT.

• How 75% of arguments start. After 5 years, you pretty much have to say, "You're going to eat that damn Chinese food, or I find a creative way to kill you in your sleep."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I would just be happy someone brought me food, and even had the forethought to ask if I wanted anything.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Caelan said:
    I like BBT.  It started going for cheap 'fart joke' type laughs after the first or second season though.  But I still watch it. 
    Yeah I liked the first couple of seasons, but not the later ones.

Anyway, I saw this when I woke up. It made me laugh unreasonably hard.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Australian "Sharknado." lol. Yep. Stay far far away from Australia...

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/australian-cyclone-tosses-shark-onto-dry-land
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/australian-cyclone-tosses-shark-onto-dry-land
    You had the perfect opportunity to call it a Sharklone and you blew it.
    Ryzeth said:
    Kayeil said:

You had the perfect opportunity to call it a Sharklone and you blew it.
    Went with the cult movie reference instead.

• A sharklone of loan sharks is far scarier a prospect.
  • edited March 2017
    deleted

http://mashable.com/2017/03/30/t-rex-snout-foreplay

Apparently, the t-rex was a cuddler! This must make the Ry'nari the Cyrenian race of Starmourn.  :p

Female Rynari