Artifact-light classes for PvP

2»

Answers

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Both seem to be 6.4 put of the arena and 6.9 inside. Don't ask me why.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Dalran said:
    Tune warden/ depthswalker are my two favorite unartied classes. Tune warden is a class that has aff potential as well as limb prep, which lets you start off at pk with some of the easier concepts and allows you to ease into the harder concepts. As a depthswalker though you'd be jumping right into some of the harder concepts (aff stacking, pressuring multiple routes at once, locks). Now some people might understand what I called harder concepts easier than the one I said is an easier concept, it's all relative to the person of course just in general I find most people more confused about aff routes more so than limb prep 

pve-wise I'd say runewarden reigns supreme unartied.

edit: tune warden = runewarden, thanks iphone

oh as for the other questions, runewarden is easier to be influential in groups, but depthswalker is just as deadly, just a bit harder to use in groups and lacks a good damage LoS ability,

I'd also say for runie and depthswalker having all 3 class skills is pretty important. Depthswalker you might be able to get away with not transing terminus but you'll definitely notice the difference once you finally do trans it. For runie maybe you can get away with spreading your lessons out between the 3 skills and getting some of the more important abilities in those skills without transing them. 

Tune warden?

Damn, thought you had come up with some hip, whippersnapper lingo for Bard.

• Aesgar said:
    Dalran said:
    Tune warden/ depthswalker are my two favorite unartied classes. Tune warden is a class that has aff potential as well as limb prep, which lets you start off at pk with some of the easier concepts and allows you to ease into the harder concepts. As a depthswalker though you'd be jumping right into some of the harder concepts (aff stacking, pressuring multiple routes at once, locks). Now some people might understand what I called harder concepts easier than the one I said is an easier concept, it's all relative to the person of course just in general I find most people more confused about aff routes more so than limb prep 

pve-wise I'd say runewarden reigns supreme unartied.

edit: tune warden = runewarden, thanks iphone

oh as for the other questions, runewarden is easier to be influential in groups, but depthswalker is just as deadly, just a bit harder to use in groups and lacks a good damage LoS ability,

I'd also say for runie and depthswalker having all 3 class skills is pretty important. Depthswalker you might be able to get away with not transing terminus but you'll definitely notice the difference once you finally do trans it. For runie maybe you can get away with spreading your lessons out between the 3 skills and getting some of the more important abilities in those skills without transing them. 

Tune warden?

Damn, thought you had come up with some hip, whippersnapper lingo for Bard.

It's not bard, it's Tune warden, Voicealry, weaponbuckling and harmlore.
  • Intelligence is mentioned for Apostate really if you're going to be more into PVP rather than hunting. The reason is due to your corrupt is going to be based off of Intelligence which caps at 16. So really the higher your intelligence that rate the more likely you are to kill someone with your corrupt. However, as Farrah said and as you have mentioned you are not into much PVP, con should be fine for you as an Apostate, should you choose to go Apostate. 

• This is OP/Teletha , I did end up going Apostate. Is it like Runewarden where I won't kill anything if I'm not taking the damage spec? I'm actually more interested in PvP, it's the hunting that's less appealing. I'm just very new to everything, so I haven't jumped right in (it's all a bit overwhelming), but PvP is definitely the part that I'm focusing on. 
  • I would personally always play con spec apostate. Intelligence is required for the demon corrupt strategy, so it just depends how you want to fight. With con spec, you still have hunt/fiend/sap strategies for catharsis kills, plus truelock strategies, which are very powerful.

Since you can't kill at all if you're dead, it seems most prudent to pick con and learn the non-int-based kills first, while you have lower max health, and change to int later if you want to. It's nothing like runewarden, where you need strength. There have been top tier con spec apostates. It's perfectly viable.

• Con is preferable if you are able to slowly build arties through hunting/mercantile activities. 11-12-14-12 as atavian can give you 15 con with trait, and that's a good stable point for health. Just make sure you get a friendly Runie to give you some nice sketches before you go ganking!