Nerf Shaman

Especially bloodlet.

Thanks

Comments

• Also this is definitely a fair and balanced way to kill someone

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/FAp_h9OQ

• edited March 2017
    It felt super fair and balanced from my point of view too, could have survived it though, just.. Never saw that coming.

Sorry for the awful highlights, I was messing with colors and stuff earlier, and never finished.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/--pU96ea

• That's pretty insane, now especially with room hinder

Tzantza can't be stopped by anything now.. I'm pretty sure
  • if you get rid of the blatant automation, shaman isn't bad. auto follow, auto curse, auto tzanza, auto bind.... who the fuck wants to fight an AI
  • Man if I had an AI I wouldn't have to hammer on my keyboard so much.
  • cuz that definitely looks like keyboard mashing. video for proof!
  • edited March 2017
    Aegoth said:
    if you get rid of the blatant auto ftmation, shaman isn't bad. auto follow, auto curse, auto tzanza, auto bind.... who the fuck wants to fight an AI
    I really don't mind. Amramu is legitimately good with shaman. Everyone can write codes but he played shaman the best.

I agree shaman is op but i can't handle playing the class cos latency and stuffs... And I always double curse the same affs...
  • @Kalila how come you're not using a tree tattoo? :/ 

You're gonna get smashed vs. an aff class without one. 
  • Anedhel said:
    @Kalila how come you're not using a tree tattoo? :/ 

You're gonna get smashed vs. an aff class without one. 
    Just she saves tree for lock. And it is not easy to expect a three mental tzantza soulscourge bind. Who'd expect it comes​ so quick..
  • Finally someone feels the pain

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dochitha said:
    Aegoth said:
    if you get rid of the blatant auto ftmation, shaman isn't bad. auto follow, auto curse, auto tzanza, auto bind.... who the fuck wants to fight an AI
    I really don't mind. Amramu is legitimately good with shaman. Everyone can write codes but he played shaman the best.

I agree shaman is op but i can't handle playing the class cos latency and stuffs... And I always double curse the same affs...
    what? thats exactly what amranu did: code shaman. He never played it, his entire offense is automated. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Aegoth Yeah, but some classes require more than QUEUE ADD EQBAL DROP HOLOCAUST/FASHION HOLOCAUST x 50
    Huh. Neat.
  • Saving tree for Shaman lock won't do too much, since they can deliver anorexia/slickness while you're paralysed so you'll never be able to use tree to cure the soft lock.

Unless the shaman is locking in a weird way.
  • I'll say this: You're all wrong, it was just my reflexes acting up for some reason, have looked into it and fixed!

Thanks for the tips though :)
  • That's definitely faster than it was meant to be. should work like that at 5 affs, not 4.
  • edited March 2017
    Doesn't it require 30 fashions to do that? I don't really think it's even that bad, for a prep setup. It destroys the doll too.

When does tzantza become an actual (instant) insta and does impatience count as a tzantza aff? (I think it does?)

Swiftcurse is annoying to deal with in general though, and massively favors automation. So I've always been in favor of getting rid of it (less paralysis then and slower chase).
  • If I remember correctly, 

Tzantza is 10s long with 1 mental affliction (the affliction pool for Tzantza also includes impatience and addiction).

It's then reduced by 2s for every other mental on the target, down to instant kill at 6 afflictions

• The scaling seems to start at 8s and not be linear, so it's around 2.5s at 4 affs, 0.75s at 5, and instant at 6. This means that the bind can sometimes make it impossible to escape a 4-aff Tzantza, which is significantly easier to pull off than 5-affs.
  • Calira said:
    The scaling seems to start  at 8s and not be linear, so it's around 2.5s at 4 affs, 0.75s at 5, and instant at 6. This means that the bind can sometimes make it impossible to escape a 4-aff Tzantza, which is significantly easier to pull off than 5-affs.
    This is correct. Exactly the figure @Mindshell and I just tested. 
  • The base channel time is still 10s.. Or it should be, as that is what they said in the classleads.

But damn.. I didn't know it scaled so well, that's pretty brutal now that Shamans have frozen ground and icefort..
  • I never was clear why they retained swiftcurse when we changed Jinx anyway. It definitely would make this setup a lot different to deal with.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Without significant reworks to how curse/jinx work, Shaman would be crippled without swiftcurse. It would take a huge hit both to its prep-based salve locks and to its momentum capabilities, since jinx/curse is an overall slower, less flexible afflicting tool.
  • Farrah said:
    Doesn't it require 30 fashions to do that? I don't really think it's even that bad, for a prep setup. It destroys the doll too.

When does tzantza become an actual (instant) insta and does impatience count as a tzantza aff? (I think it does?)

Swiftcurse is annoying to deal with in general though, and massively favors automation. So I've always been in favor of getting rid of it (less paralysis then and slower chase).
    Yeah, requires 30 fashions and does occasionally allow people to escape. Not very often though, but sometimes.

Should probably work at 5 instead of 4.
  • Atalkez said:
    I never was clear why they retained swiftcurse when we changed Jinx anyway. It definitely would make this setup a lot different to deal with.
    Because of artefacts? They usually don't like to have to change a artefact. The artefact swiftcurse is what I am referencing.
  • That did get changed. It increases how long you have your 'charge' for Jinx I believe.

• Cos if swiftcurse is removed, it feels like apostate. But I am not against it. 
  • Calira said:
    Without significant reworks to how curse/jinx work, Shaman would be crippled without swiftcurse. It would take a huge hit both to its prep-based salve locks and to its momentum capabilities, since jinx/curse is an overall slower, less flexible afflicting tool.
    I'm not sure on this. The entire design of curse/Jinx was to give shaman the same offense without the need for smart aff tracking like swift almost requires. Unless we made a mistake, they should be really comparable routes.