Achaean Raves

Comments

• @Kalila Aww, thank you!
  • Ismay said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4738                                     (03/25/2017 at 04:28)  
    From   : Nicola
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: QoL, Nametells, and Sanity!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very quick announce for a change that might alleviate a massive number of headaches.

Nametells now require a playername of three letters or more in length. This shouldn't affect many people, but the unfortunate recipients of typoed target aliases, says, and ship commands should find their headaches much alleviated.

Enjoy!

I haven't been this pleased with a change in forever. Such a tiny thing, but it will save my poor sensibilities when I stop receiving sex tells!

As another member of the Names Beginning With "IS" Club, this is an amazing and much needed change.

• I would venture to guess that, like most Divine curses, it goes to one place.

• Cooper said:
    Maybe it's a typo and he meant desserter's curse and all to need to do is enjoy a slice of cake. That's poisoned. So it kills you and you die, filthy traitor. 

• 99% sure a desserter's curse means you make desserts but other people eat them before you can. You also die from this, but on the inside.  Aegis harsh.
  • Minifie said:
    Trey said:
    This talisman round I decided to stop flipping pieces for a profit and instead helped people try to complete talismans they were hoping for at cost, or at redeem value if it was from a credit buy.

I'm not going to take credit for anything, but after several more people agreed to be on that bandwagon it seemed like not only did we get pieces faster, but more people were willing to cut us deals because they knew they'd get the same treatment. Working together is fun.
    I've found this too, I've been trying to help out at selling at redeem or direct 1:1 trade if possible. It allowed me to spend extra for the gut piece from jadys since I had so much more than I thought on hand.
    I have been selling at redeem/near redeem or trading even up and asking only for the favor in return should that person find a piece I need. In some cases though, more than one person responds for the same piece. If that happens, I just ask for offers. Whoever is highest is highest. I don't drive it up via bidding wars. And as far as completed talismans go, every one I have sold has been at prices that I felt was fair or for what I paid to put them together. I sold capes and crucibles at an average of 600 credits when most were going for 1000 credits plus. And at a time when cape threads alone were going for 1000 credits or more, I traded one for some dragon pieces, and I already had elder dragon.

I've found it works for me, though. That extra 400 credits I didn't charge for a crucible or cape in the past just comes back as a 400 credit discount later on from someone who noticed. 
  • I hope you don't think I was saying you didn't do that or gouged me, was just stating how it seems common trend from almost everyone to do this with talis pieces I found.
  • Minifie said:
    I hope you don't think I was saying you didn't do that or gouged me, was just stating how it seems common trend from almost everyone to do this with talis pieces I found.
    Nah. Just sharing my experiences too.  :)
  • edited March 2017
    Trey said:
    This talisman round I decided to stop flipping pieces for a profit and instead helped people try to complete talismans they were hoping for at cost, or at redeem value if it was from a credit buy.

I'm not going to take credit for anything, but after several more people agreed to be on that bandwagon it seemed like not only did we get pieces faster, but more people were willing to cut us deals because they knew they'd get the same treatment. Working together is fun.
    I was one of the people he helped. It was amazing, I knew I was going to not be able to look for pieces for a week at the start of the month so I gave him a bunch of credits and said 'do your best'. I came back and he had already picked up a majority of the pieces.

10/10. Would use again

Edit: I would also like to post out a shout to @Sarathai for also helping look for pieces. <3
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Props to @Rangor for being a good sport and for also making me laugh nearly uncontrollably trying to mime shit out.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    People have been massively generous recently and it's very much appreciated! 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Kyrra you are one of the most fun people alongside @Cooper (because that man takes a lot of shit from her) for me to poke at! It surprises me truly how much people tolerate from Naoma, and how just the little things snowball for her most times. Clumsy, accident prone, yet for some reason people like her. I am so not complaining either. I love seeing how people take her both good and bad, and most times I have to say, people are very good spirited with her! Even if she pisses people off, it tends to be short lived, least I sure hope! 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Naoma it was very much a case of do I or don't I at the time. I'm glad that I did and happy you rolled with it. My interactions with you vary so greatly but it's really nice to have those opportunities and see where they lead. Thanks for that!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Is the damage permanent though? Seems kinda unfair to have part of a city perma-destroyed by an opposing faction without any say from the faction itself, cause that's a pretty big "fck you".

Then again, grey lines and subjectivity.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Maybe this is paving the way for new orphan quests!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Is the damage permanent though? Seems kinda unfair to have part of a city perma-destroyed by an opposing faction without any say from the faction itself, cause that's a pretty big "fck you".

Then again, grey lines and subjectivity.
    I checked it out and on the Achaean game map the rooms appear to still exist but are inaccessible.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Though tbh Ashtan could retaliate RP-wise with Aegis too, makes the game more dynamic.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Farrah I had an awesome chart.  You broke it.  Thank you!!!
    Roses and ashes, life and death
    Both to the ground now asunder
    Darkness to Light and Evil to Right
    Let men in solitude now wonder