OOC Raves

Comments

• I keep seeing people on instagram making dolls like this and SO want to try it... any tips on where to start @Tahquil ?

meh

• After spending a few months nailing down the specifics of running a lab from the support staff side of things, I finally jumped back in the saddle (of genetics research). This is one reason that I've been able to commit like... two hours a week for the last month. My new projects are crazy interesting and I'll talk someone's ear off given the chance.

A few of you who know me know that I left my PhD program about half a year ago after some very difficult decisions, and struggled for awhile in terms of my post-grad school identity and career as a result (I spent WAY too long in a bad setting, and I had to accept that there wasn't a path forward with what I was doing). I was pretty set on going into industry and leaving academia before I stumbled into a position I couldn't pass up, and now here I am at a new (better) university, in a job that affords me some time to tinker with things, while also saving me from the nightmare of doctoral-track academia. And it pays pretty darn well.

The only downside has been that it's (two) biophysics labs, and I am trash at physics. It's a steep learning curve but it's worth it so far.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Trilliana said:
    I keep seeing people on instagram making dolls like this and SO want to try it... any tips on where to start @Tahquil ?

Don't ask her how much she spent, it'll make her (and you, and me, and probably some other people) cry.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited March 2017
    Well, probably a lot less than what some people spend on promotions each month but still quite a bit.

She is a Dollfie Dream from Volks. (Which is their there anime style/proportioned dolls). With a customised DH007 head.

There is also SmartDoll who do a similiar anime style but very different. You can get hardrives and charge parts placed in them so they have a use other than be pretty.
  • Xaden said:
    Airport beers at 8am! Love it.
    It's always beer o'clock somewhere in the world!

• May not be Centre Crossing, but that's sure as hell what I read it as XD
    meh

• Mmm FFXIV. Don't bring me back into that wormhole.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Mmm FFXIV. Don't bring me back into that wormhole.
    I've been playing for... a little over 2 weeks now >.>
    meh

• I played from 2.0 (ARR) until Heavensward. Was at max item level when Heavensward dropped, then I stopped playing due to moving half way around the world.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Got some pretty and expensive headphones today for my birthday a day late (shipping company's fault) from my favorite person.  :o So freaking excited, never thought I'd get them because of the cost. It was even more special because none of my relatives even bothered calling, not even my mom. 
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Being from Cambridge the Boat Race has been a huge thing for me for years. About 3 years ago my mate Ed became the women's boat race crew's S&C coach. Ed passed away last year, so watching today's race was a little emotional. Not only did Cambridge win for the first time in 5 years, but they smashed the course record by over a minute, beating the time set by the men's team last year. Immensely proud of what Ed has helped to achieve with this team. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Gardening season is upon us :) 

:(
    RIP my paycheck
     yes, sir.
  • @Jozlyn Trust me, I'll be hauling 20 bags of mulch home from Lowes soon. Not to mention the overhaul of like, every natural area we have.
  • edited April 2017
    That $AMD dip, so much rebound buying opportunity today. $10k in calls!

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I was a buyer at $14, $13 makes it even better

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited April 2017
    It'll rebound in a week, dude. Goldman Sachs are manipulating prices, likely to double down or take advantage of a short term put position, since they already have a long position.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • The correct response is " yah fahwkin queeah"   Clearly, you have much to learn.

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Enjoying some much needed family time. I'm home saying goodbye to my great uncle, his heart is failing and he wanted to call us all together.  It is a sad occasion but his point was that we need to come together and enjoy the company of friends and family more often. 

I spent the afternoon geocaching with my brother (getting covered in mud and nearly falling into the swollen river) we then went for ice cream and a long chat. That evening I went out with my sister, her husband, his parents, my brother, and my niece to play pool and listen to music. 

Today were celebrating an uncle's birthday together at my grandparents' house. Later I'll go to dinner and for a walk with my best friend's family. 

For the last three years I've lived around 9 hours from my family and it has changed me. I have improved in many ways, I'm more self reliant, more sure of myself. It has also changed me in negative ways, I have less patience, I don't listen as well. 

Family and friends are very important to me, in some ways it feels as if I'm currently living in an affection desert. I'm friendly, I have friends, but I don't have the intense joys (and rarely miseries) of being near family. 

Thaumas cannot move here fast enough. 
     yes, sir.
  • 42 triple doubles capped off with a sick game winner. also sergio! finally!
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • So happy for Sergio @Ellodin

He deserved it so bad!
  • Ellodin said:
    42 triple doubles capped off with a sick game winner. also sergio! finally!
    He's played with a lot more confidence this season, and Westbrook is a phenomenal first target. I still think they need a key player at the arc and they'll still be able to get to the conference finals, so depends on what happens in the off season. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's cold enough tonight to turn off the fans and bring out a blanket! I'm so excited by this, especially since kitty loves to snuggle when it's cold.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Look who's back. Back again.

Probably the best benefit of the new tweaks to the website and forums us old guys can go back to our names before the mandatory use of character names was instituted.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    True, but we also know what you just did in the bathroom.
  • To be fair, I picked this name from "Word Disassociation" before I knew the urban dictionary meaning. But still fits I suppooooossseee