• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited March 2017
    RIP nvm I forgot everything is mono'd.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Doing margam still.

Got beheaded.

went to go for round 2.

Got to the 2nd, or 3rd phase.

The fuck am I supposed to do about that lmao.  I guess divide and conquer???
  • What a pain in the butt to try to find these places >< lol

• edited March 2017
    Link removed per request.

THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOO
  • edited March 2017
    Note: After we died to that phase and came back.  The summoned guys were still there.  Still in the room.

Which means that if we get him down to 20% again.. he's just gonna call them again.  Right???

Edit: They chase; fighting all three of them at once is literally instant-dead for me though as a decently defensive artefacted dragon so.  Wdf.
  • 20:28:04.375 Your Intrepid group has prevailed over the might of the dread captain and stands victorious. Your foray is complete!

• Your Intrepid group has passed the trials of both mind and mirror and emerged successful. Your foray is complete!
  • Aran'kesh still bugged as hell :( Can't complete it.

• @Cooper

Fortress bugs out like 25% of the time and just flat-out deletes the NPCs you need to talk to to continue it.
  • Aran'kesh worked for us. But fortress bugged out.
  • These were a lot of fun @Ictinus

I'm unsure why Mirror Cavern requires four people, as all the things that we did seemed achievable by only two people but... maybe I missed something (or it bugged.  Who the hell knows).

Either way, in order of difficulty I'd go

1 = Fortress
    2 = Arankesh
    3 = Mirror Tower
    4 = Barrows
    5 = Margam

3 and 4 are interchangeable based on [REDACTED].

I can't wait to see the secret foray from the talisman piece, which reminds me.  Which foray drops the map pieces?  We went through all of them and got no map pieces, and considering it requires 32 pieces.. I'm wondering if we got stupidly unlucky, or if it's drop rate is abysmally low.
  • Can the first intrepid group please have an honours line for our efforts? I only ask because I'm totally jelly at having been present for both Bal'met saga and Tsol'teth saga right up until the final battles wherein peeps got honours lines. And also I am proud to have been part of the first group, and also I just want my ego stroked. I've been a good boy :)
    "To thine own self be true."
  • Lol, not every fart. But a lot of farts get honours. I could name them. It was a valid request, but I'm not fussed. And just because I asked doesn't mean I'm not pleased I was one of the first. I said as much above.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • So these forays are really fun! I've only gotten to do a few of them, but it's been really interesting so far.

The worst part (aside from the bugs...) is finding the foray spots in the wilderness. I just spent 20 minutes looking for the Aran'kesh wilderness exit and couldn't find it, even though I knew the area it was supposed to be in and have found it several times.

The pirate coast one is even worse.

Something has to change with them - maybe after you find the foray spot once, you can survey in the wilderness and get pointed in the right direction? It's super frustrating and time consuming to find them when it can literally be in thousands of rooms.

please.

• Funny, when I complained about the same thing you told me to get better.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aran'kesh is the worst to find.  Margam is easy, in comparision because 60% of the known world isn't friggin mountains.
  • edited March 2017
    I think forays could have some optional commodity costs attached to them (read: not silver or stone).

a magical compass: 10 iron, 10 gold, 10 platinum
    This item will allow you to see the general direction of your foray area upon SURVEY (similar to how you can locate nearby wilderness exits).

Beacon of Life: 100 obsidian, 10 bone
    Construct this in the foray area, and each time a member of your intrepid squad dies, he or she will be resurrected at that location after 10s (after things like starburst).

a warped shield: 50 ice, 50 obsidian
    When RUBbed in a foray area, it will grant the intrepid a 60-aura that will grant a further 1 level of resistance to all forms of damage, as well as an additional level of health regeneration (10%/5s). Taking this shield outside of the foray area will cause it to shatter.

Numbers could be tweaked. Point is, give the less-loved commodities some use!
     <3 
  • I could see, with those numbers being possibly multiplied by 10, or even 20, those being awesome for forays.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Any chance theres going to be some consideration added for arties, so that some of the forays are possible without being artied to the teeth? :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Daeir

Wrong.

We all had to eat Xerthyst & Azelhurium ontop of our level 3 belts, level 3 bracelet etc etc.

Mirrortower is fuckin brutal.