New York, March, 20-25th

Comments

• Wednesday it is. What time and where?

• The hockey game starts at 8, assuming we're hanging out at a place that shows that. :)
    Will be sightseeing during the daytime... can probably meet up an hour or two before 8 though. I summon @aegoth for when and where he's made a reservation, if he has. :)
  • beer authority on 40th st and 8th ave
  • Like I know wtf that is.  They have parking for cripples or do I have to pay $100? 

Are we all wearing our pink "I <3 Achaea" shirts ?  

Not into hockey (and a New Englandah, so Rangers?? pffffff)  but I can probably show up and hang out a few hours. Have to be up around 5 for work the next morning and it's a 2hr drive home from NYC so.. won't be there too long past 10 or 11)

• edited March 2017
    Caelan said:
    Like I know wtf that is.  They have parking for cripples or do I have to pami y $100? 

Not into hockey (and a New Englandah, so Rangers?? pffffff)  but I can probably show up and hang out a few hours. Have to be up around 5 for work the next morning and it's a 2hr drive home from NYC so.. won't be there too long past 10 or 11)
    What, you've got like stuff to do in a Thursday morning? :)

I am not sure if any of us has that t-shirt, but if you got one then wear it. :)

• New York,  new york
  • Caelan said:
    Like I know wtf that is.  They have parking for cripples or do I have to pay $100? 

It's called a GPS, bro. Look for parking garages around that area.
  • How crippled we talking? Can't believe the Aegean contingent is going to be a cripplefest. 

Are we meeting before 8pm ? I prefer to be found rather then to find people since I'm blind as a bat. 
  • edited March 2017
    yea i'll reserve the table for 730-745

btw, how many people are we talking? 8?
  • If you plan on coming to the hockey hang out on the 22nd, PM me so i can give you my cell # so that you won't be a lost noob 
  • Barring anything crazy happening, I'll be there. PM that cell

• Morthif said:
    How crippled we talking? Can't believe the Aegean contingent is going to be a cripplefest. 

Are we meeting before 8pm ? I prefer to be found rather then to find people since I'm blind as a bat. 
    No legs (well, prosthetics)..  Even you can see me :D  

• Rangor said:

New York,  new york
    I have been seriously planning on making the meet this fall, but there are entirely too many people in that picture! :worried:
  • I just hate New York City because of <reasons>.  People being one.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jadys said:
    Rangor said:

New York,  new york
    I have been seriously planning on making the meet this fall, but there are entirely too many people in that picture! :worried:
    It's intimidating at first but if you stick with people you're comfortable with, you get used to it pretty fast. It was only a few days before I was comfortable enough to go to limited locations via subway by myself.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Table for 6 successfully reserved for 7:30PM at Beer Authority. See you guys then!

• Rangor, Ruth, Aegoth, Caelon, Morthif, and ?
  • Special guest star appearance
  • Tell Austere.  He probably needs a break from the baby by now :D 
    What about @Dunn ?  Dunn aren't you in upstate?  It's only like a 5 hour drive. 

• only 5 hours huh?
  • have you guys ever heard of the train and subway. Shouldn't that be faster than swearing at traffic? :)
  • Normally yes, but there's no subway station near my work place, so I have to suffer
  • Yeah I'll probably just walk over from Grand Central
  • Damn, I could have made this trip. I live in Maryland. 3 hours away :(
  • So come on down. It's tomorrow
  • I work for a living
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Caelan said:
    Tell Austere.  He probably needs a break from the baby by now :D 
    What about @Dunn ?  Dunn aren't you in upstate?  It's only like a 5 hour drive. 
    Only a 12 hour drive!
  • Buffalo. Like 8 hrs from the city.

• With me at the end of that 12 hours bb. Worth
  • edited March 2017
    Jesus... when I was in the Marines, I'd drive 12 hours home from Camp Lejeune, sleep and visit for like 12, then drive back.  SUCK IT THE F UP!

Just kidding, that sucks.  Also @Austere CONGRATS man.

Grand Central is near there? (I don't know NYC well at all).  If it is, I can take the train too but I prefer to drive.  When I left a Metallica concert, I almost missed the last train home. Prefer the control of being able to leave when I want.

Google Maps is all fucked up.  Says it's a 2 hour drive from Meriden and a 6 hour train ride.  But it takes me 2 hours to get to NYC from my house which is 45 minutes further away than Meriden.  Stupid MAPS.