Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Vallie said:
    Cooper weird, I consistently get 2.1s DSLs while everything I've read seems to suggest the base should be closer to 2.0 for forged. Is there something else that could be affecting speed?

@Vadik damage wise, I've found targetted DSLs + falcon damage isn't ignorable against some classes. I'm fairly sure untargetted could be decent health pressure if stacking sensitive/nausea, it's something I've been meaning to try.
    -Are you nimble traited?

and

-Not only is it decent health pressure, but it also allows pithakhan to be more effective in draining mana for faster pseudo locks. Sensi stuck almost guarantees health sips > mana sips.
  • With DW giving clumsy on the first available balance if you don't have it, and the constant paralysis, how do knights manage to slow a DW down enough to stick nausea for parry bypass? I've been thinking about it, and I have no idea how to do it, the DW nonsense of giving clumsy unfailingly (even while clumsy themselves) seems a little bit much, specially for SnB, that gives most of its affs on the longsword, not the shield :/
  • You have to out afflict them. You're faster by a fair margin, have to utilize that.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You should be initiating with untargeted clumsy before moving into euphorbia then targeted.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Dunno. DW I was fighting kept going for whatever gives clumsy first, and I wasn't able to make any headway. You either stay clumsy (miss a lot even with L3 longsword), or pick up timeloop. Can't really beat six herb affs every five seconds, which is what I was being hit at, and like I said, even if you make -them- clumsy, they give clumsy right back, on the first available balance. Got a log of yourselves fighting a DW who leans on clumsy pretty heavily, by any chance? :/
  • Timeloop is bellwort, curable by Rage. Might be enough to push you into the safe zone?
     <3 
  • Rage's cooldown kept it from being enough to outpace the affs from degeneration, from what I saw!
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I know they are rarely used by most but don't knock rend and guardbreak(2nd point of ferocity if I forgot the name)

Slice/guardbreak to 4, shieldstrike low (can't miss) rend torso, run away or turtle or whatever so you don't die. Repeat till prepped, then fight as normal.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • What's the balance on an L3 longsword + buckler supposed to be, with slice combinations?
    Anedhel said:
    What's the balance on an L3 longsword + buckler supposed to be, with slice combinations?
    SnB is supposed to be capped at 1.9s

• "Capped at 1.9s" in the sense that that's what you naturally reach (or just about) with L3 longsword/buckler and nimble, not because there's an artificial cap preventing you from being faster.
  • L2 longsword/SoA btw

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Sena said:
    "Capped at 1.9s" in the sense that that's what you naturally reach (or just about) with L3 longsword/buckler and nimble, not because there's an artificial cap preventing you from being faster.
    There is (was?) an artifical cap according to admin.

• edited March 2017
    SoA is same speed as buckler now, btw. No reason not to use it, if you have one.
  • Anyone have some specifics on 2H fractures?

Skull fracs extend sip balance, by how much? Is it 1s per frac?

Torso fractures reduce sip healing? Again, how much does it reduce this by?

Not sure if anyone has the specifics from testing.
  • I thought all secondary effects capped at 5 (hinder, sip bal, etc). The extras are just there for padding.
    Ryzeth said:
    I thought all secondary effects capped at 5 (hinder, sip bal, etc). The extras are just there for padding.
    Nope, 6. 11s sip balance yum yum yum. Honestly though it doesn't matter at that point cause the targets probably as good as dead. The ability to prep for a momentum burst is really really strong especially with fractures taking so long to cure. One leg break = 18s of curing from two hits. During which you get about six balances to seriously screw your target. That's where 80% of fights end for me is after just one leg break. 

• Can someone point me to the direction (which Announcement) has all the BM changes? Really interested to learn about these changes to voidfist (and stances maybe?)
  • Leviticus said:
    Can someone point me to the direction (which Announcement) has all the BM changes? Really interested to learn about these changes to voidfist (and stances maybe?)
    A quick re-cap (I've not actually read any of these announces.)

You can combo your fists (void,ice,flame,air) depending on your stance. In Thyr you can slash/air, slash/flame in Arash, slash/ice in doya, slash/void in Sanya.

Voidfist is extended up to a certain point with pommelstrikes, depending on stance to about 13-14s in all stances except sanya which extends it up to 20-21seconds.

Hope this helps!
  • @Kalila
    <3 You.

Can I change stances like monks right after combo? Or normally?
  • Leviticus said:
    @Kalila
    <3 You.

Can I change stances like monks right after combo? Or normally?
    Afraid not, at least not to my knowledge.
    Usually you don't really have to be that adaptive with them either, so it's not a huge issue.
  • Adapting stances can really throw limb counters off too.. Since each stance changes limb damage. 
    You'd need something really accurate to swap around mid prep and be accurate. 
  • edited March 2017
    Kalila said:
    Leviticus said:
    Can someone point me to the direction (which Announcement) has all the BM changes? Really interested to learn about these changes to voidfist (and stances maybe?)

You can combo your fists (void,ice,flame,air) depending on your stance. In Thyr you can slash/air, slash/flame in Arash, slash/ice in doya, slash/void in Sanya.

Voidfist is extended up to a certain point with pommelstrikes, depending on stance to about 13-14s in all stances except sanya which extends it up to 20-21seconds.

Hope this helps!
    Shouldn't Ice be in Mir, since Mir is the water stance and all. Doya is earth, last I recall (which does not have a fist for it)
  • Ryzeth said:
    Kalila said:
    Leviticus said:

Hope this helps!
    Shouldn't Ice be in Mir, since Mir is the water stance and all. Doya is earth, last I recall (which does not have a fist for it)
    You're quite correct, that's what I get for posting too late. Oops!
  • two questions for anyone familiar with the sawbones trait:

1. does it track torso damage, in addition to other limbs?

2. does anyone have a more precise number on the eq hit?
  • Sawbones shows all six limbs, but it's just a message corresponding to a vague range, not an exact value.
    Is there anything outside of my target being off of salve balance or a long balance that is enabling me to get 5 twist impales? I am getting them somewhat consistently and I have a feeling it's either latency or an svof bug on their end but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious as I tend to do (like discern being usable off balance #lifechanger)

• There was an impale bug that was supposedly fixed but wasn't but then got fixed. Or not? idk