What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Woooo, Got ma atavian rattle.

A palpable aura of spiritual power radiates in waves from this mystical rattle. The staff itself is
    fashioned from a branch of dark ash wood, some six feet in length and deliberately left coarse and
    unsmoothed. Runes and blessings in a hundred unfamiliar tongues are carved deeply into the ashwood
    surface, while an intricate groove halfway down ensures a firm grip for any worthy wielder. A deer
    fawn's head crowns the piece, shorn of its flesh and speared through the jaw and the forehead.
    Painted in a vibrant blend of violet and emerald hues, the skull's hollowed eye sockets shine with a
    stunningly natural brilliance. Lashed to the antlers are a macabre collection of miniature bones and
    teeth, bleached by the sun and doubtless harvested for some unknown but undeniably supernatural
    purpose.
    It weighs about 10 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Asmodron.
    It will reset to you.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Quit runewarden, went serpent (for the luls), and got a gem of transmutation.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • So, having tested with my new rattle:

3.5 seconds EQ use to SHAKE
    No Cooldown
    Can summon Snowstorm, Rain, ?fog, or a single lightning strike
    Can repeatedly be shook in room, no single cast.
    Lightning can strike yourself, so definitely not even feasible for a 1 v 1
    Lightning does roughly 40% of max health in damage (this was measured after resistances), good for beefy (if it manages to hit)

Assessment? Probably only viable for the creation of snowstorms.

• Both versions of the rain douse the room entirely, might not cure "ablaze" on a person, but it does destroy firewalls.

Snow storm is pain.  Snowstorm is love.

Lightning bolts hit a random person, never really viable in a 1v1 or a group fight (since it could zap your own team).

Fog might(?) make LoS' miss a bit more often.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I've only down torrential downpours and snowstorms so far. It's like living in Cyrene again.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yep. The lightning strike is basically a random in a random. Random chance to get it while shaking and then random whom it selects to hit. I wouldnt mind removing the secondary random aspect. Perhaps making it target those on your enemy list. It Would still require you to stand there gambling with shakes on the chance it strikes.
  • I'm glad I impulse bought goggles when shin blizzard started making actual blizzards 

• So I did some calculations, this is based off of 60 rattle shakes. Note that there seems to be 2 separate lines for rain...im not sure if this is a bug or meant to be like this, one is "Clouds form overhead, deluging the location" and the other is "The skies overhead darken as clouds rush in, shortly followed by a turential downpour of water". I had assumed one was causing fog yesterday but that doesnt seem to be the case. For clarity, im going to refer to the first scenario as "Clouds" and the second as "Rain".

Blizzard: ~31.6% chance
    Rain: ~41.6% chance
    Clouds: ~20% chance
    Lightning: ~6.6% chance

Enjoy

• GET A BUFFER!
  • Vender said:
    You are level 99 (Greater Dragon) and 0.0% of the way to the next level.
    Only another 30% to go!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • About time! (Grats man!)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Put in all the work to kill Fafnir, @Xaden swoops in with the KS. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/zLUWXcxu

The 5th Foray attempt.

More painful than the last. :(
  • It doesn't get "more painful than Margam" status until I've died at least 30 more times.
  • @Bade It wasn't, but congrats!
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • edited March 2017
    Yesterday, before going to bed, I put a bunch more rooms in my house and started to eye/monolith the place. I was perplexed because I was still able to pick them up, and in frustration I BUGged the things.

Today the admin got back to me. Apparently I had attached fists instead of flames to the eye/mono sigils.  :p Don't play Achaea tired, is the lesson of the day.
     <3 
  • edited March 2017
    Your mouth feels as dry and parched as the Mhojave Desert, making it difficult for you to breathe. --> [ast]

Spent time wandering around the Mhojave after, in an attempt to discover some sort of lead to begin resolving my Deserter's Curse (I see what you did there Aegis :o)

But anyway, while I was doing this stumbled upon quite the mine....

Nitre's Bedroom (indoors).
    Clad in wood, a rectangular doorway allows entrance to a functioning mine. A small wooden sign is
    here. An unformed thing of chaos bubbles in on top of itself.
    You see a single exit leading down (open door).
  • Hopefully it's as fun as @Deucalion's curse was when I left. It required a bitter OOC argument that I regret having to happen but I ded 20 or more times with it and couldn't of been happier instead of just a dumb 2 week TDF. Also threw in a bit of RP that was absolutely brutal and @Halos was so good at making it worse.
  • That juggertick I had was something else, man. Damn thing survived so much fire.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Deucalion said:
    I'll say this: Interesting RP situations, whether with a god character or mortal, require a give and take. If there is no RP on the part of a character, expecting a great deal from another party is fairly unreasonable. 

This goes back to the spoon feeding comments made in some other threads. It is not satisfying for the one doing the feeding and quite unsatisfying for the one being fed once the feeding stops.

I would encourage anyone looking for in depth, rich RP experiences, with anyone, to consider what they have done to demonstrate an interest and willingness to engage in such things.
    I made the spoon feeding comment! He's quoting me! -proud strut-
  • Logged in today. Didn't have pants. Why are there never pants.
  • @Aodfionn WHAT DID YOU DO
  • Aesi said:
    Logged in today. Didn't have pants. Why are there never pants.
    There aren't skirts either, poof they went. :(
  • Got promoted to Talent Scout! It's something I've always wanted to do but loved the person who was in it so was happy to wait...but just excited about the job and about getting more involved in the House (and the city again, yay being able to aide once more! That was my least favorite rule about being Treasurer, not being able to aide). Sketched up some commissions and other stuff. Planned a city auction. Aaaand I have a brand new dance ready for our upcoming concert tonight, my first in RL months.
  • I saw the credit market and went, "WOW" and not in a good way. :open_mouth: