[Knight] Artifact weapon choice for DWB

Wondering which set of weapons I should splurge credits on.  Interested in both bashing to dragon and PK.  Will do a bulk of PK in groups for a while, as I'm just returning and won't have lots of time until the summer months.

Best Answers

Answers

• Omor said:
    Morningstars. Flails are stong as hell, yeah, but the morningstar speed will help you out with kill routes and faster balance times for hunting.
    Hm. I always thought forged stars were plenty fast enough to pursue kill routes and would have went with flails personally, but I may be forgetting something here.
  • I tested it with someone.. @Mindshell maybe? A couple months ago. Having lvl2 morningstars instead of forged changed the window from about 0.5s for pulp, to just over 2s... or something like that. Don't have logs, so I can't promise that is accurate, but I distinctly remember my testing showing that forged stars was a little too slow in an actual fight, most times. But that's just my two cents.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    I tested it with someone.. @Mindshell maybe? A couple months ago. Having lvl2 morningstars instead of forged changed the window from about 0.5s for pulp, to just over 2s... or something like that. Don't have logs, so I can't promise that is accurate, but I distinctly remember my testing showing that forged stars was a little too slow in an actual fight, most times. But that's just my two cents.
    Fair enough. I never got to test with artifact stars. So I only know what I was able to do with forged. 
  • edited March 2017
    If you can only choose one, choose morningstars. The speed really helps pulp kills and they are marginally better at hunting.

Flails are mainly a damage option that you go to when you want to hatefuck some poor squishy bastard's health bar and/or manglelock somebody.

As a retirement baby, I have L2 morningstars and L3 flails.
  • Flails will be so much better in groups, the burst damage they do and quick limb breaking will be more beneficial than morningstars. 
    As for single combat you can easily pull everything off with forged stars, having artie morningstars increases your margin for error and might make you hate rebounding a little less.

Artefact flails can also help in 1v1. You'd be suprised how many people (arties or not) die to damage, and being able to manglelock the majority of the population adds a lot!

It's really up to you, both strategies work with their forged counterparts, it's just a question of strategy do you want to be easier to pull off.
  • Yeah, I should have added: If you mostly care about groups then you can go flails and smash things with basically no regrets; morningstars are a duelist's weapon.
  • Talking to a few folks and digging around, I've seen arguments for both. I'm almost ready to get a lvl 1 set of both, but will likely pick up morningstars.