Quick Questions

Comments

• Given what Bloodswearing is, there's really no reason for it to be a priest plus a paladin. That's a very antiquated match based on old guild/House-like concepts. It's like saying a Harbinger must bloodswear with a Dawnblade and not with another Harbinger.

Really, anyone can bloodswear with anyone.

• edited March 2017
    DWC Paladins would make an epic army. If I had 5-6 DWC paladins, we'd never lose a fight. Plz more people go Paladin :( 

Damnation so good. Best way to cheese with DWC (also, SnB damnation's super duper reliable, unless the other person's playing some uber-annoying defence, to the point that they're just not fun to fight, imo)!
  • edited March 2017
    Anedhel said:
    Damnation so good. Best way to cheese with DWC (also, SnB damnation's super duper reliable, unless the other person's playing some uber-annoying defence, to the point that they're just not fun to fight, imo)!
    So it's only fun to fight if you have a super duper reliable kill setup and they don't play good defense?

:tongue:

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Anedhel said:
    DWC Paladins would make an epic army. If I had 5-6 DWC paladins, we'd never lose a fight. Plz more people go Paladin :( 

DWC paladins would be worse than runewardens in this setup because 5-6 Runewardens would be bringing 10-12 runeblades. 
  • edited March 2017
    Except the Paladins could mess you up in two balances, cuz they'll break most people's head in 6 DSLs, and if they all have kelp venoms, one of 'em hellsights, the others could Damn you right away, and you're toast! 

And re: Atalkez- yes, basically? What I meant was: you can stop the Damnation from SnB if you run/turtle every three combos so they never build up enough momentum for the strike, and thus avoid the three-herb head break, but that definitely falls into the 'I don't want to fight you' category of defence. Maybe that's just me, tho :D 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Anedhel said:
    Except the Paladins could mess you up in two balances, cuz they'll break most people's head in 6 DSLs, and if they all have kelp venoms, one of 'em hellsights, the others could Damn you right away, and you're toast! 

And re: Atalkez- yes, basically? What I meant was: you can stop the Damnation from SnB if you run/turtle every three combos so they never build up enough momentum for the strike, and thus avoid the three-herb head break, but that definitely falls into the 'I don't want to fight you' category of defence. Maybe that's just me, tho :D 
    Pretty much any 6 of any class (6 Occie warp hounds if you will) would be more effective.  With rebounding in play its a bit of an issue.  You typically only need 2 devotionist in a group, you can never have too many runies though (is there even a limit on how many hugalazs or othalas can be sketched?)
  • I'll stick with the Paladins, tbh. Hands is super strong, great room control with piety/unmounted block/engage, six-man lunge is a true bitch, and you also get force, which is overlooked a lot, but can be a pain in the ass if the people involved know how to use it. If you want pain, anyone can dform and have a six-dragon pain train, so I'm cool with that!

It's fine to disagree, but I think people really, really sorely underuse Paladin nowadays, and from personal experience, I can attest that you have a -ton- of options in group pvp that are way underappreciated. 
  • You are talking about a fancy "We'll all DSL head into hellsight+damnation" strategy that will basically be hard countered by "parry head".

That kind of plan falls through in practice and it's not a very effective strategy. It's flashy and it seems like it would be super effective, but it's got an easy counter that renders it useless. Knight is a fairly strong class as it is and you'd be better off just rolling a straight offense.
  • edited March 2017
    I mean, I do it pretty often, and there's only one of me, but okay! 

ETA: There aren't that many Paladins, so it's moot, but I'm fairly certain if I ever had the group, they could be pretty scary! (Scarier'n a lot of melee tends to be, where even groups with 2:1 odds get smashed when fighting certain groups of people)
  • Not really unexpected to run from something that builds useful afflictions fast.

Also pretty sure with that many, people would die from straight damage before someone damn'd.
  • I'd like to think 6 dragons would prone and break so fast. Then they could each get a bite. They could perm prone as well. You leave room and get 6 breath streams. Sounds like a good time. Could focus a single dragon... but 5 dragons can do everything I just mentioned still. 
  • There is a cooldown where you can't bite/bbt/impale a person.
  • Only one dragon can bite at a time. It's an ICD shared by BBT as well to prevent that exact strategy. 6 dragons roaring tho

• edited March 2017
    Dunn said:
    Only one dragon can bite at a time. It's an ICD shared by BBT as well to prevent that exact strategy. 6 dragons roaring tho
    Actually recently obtained dragon. Prefer all my combat related stuff in lesser (runie). So this is nice to know. And yeah roar seems to hurt. Bad.

Edit: Also whats time on ICD? Anyone happen to know? (Seems to just be until monk gets bal back if I'm reading this correct?)
  • There is no cooldown on how many dragons can snuggle a target though.
  • Kogan said:
    Dunn said:
    Only one dragon can bite at a time. It's an ICD shared by BBT as well to prevent that exact strategy. 6 dragons roaring tho
    Actually recently obtained dragon. Prefer all my combat related stuff in lesser (runie). So this is nice to know. And yeah roar seems to hurt. Bad.

Edit: Also whats time on ICD? Anyone happen to know? (Seems to just be until monk gets bal back if I'm reading this correct?)
    It's until the person who bites/BBTs regains balance, so a single dragon can bite on balance recovery but you can't have two or more dragons biting the same target (pretty sure this change was around the time I stopped using dragon for combat). Pretty sure Two-Handed Brain was changed to work the same way recently too.

Impale isn't exactly the same. You can't impale somebody twice, in the same way that you can't give somebody most other afflictions twice if they already have it, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the impaler has recovered balance.

Totally unrelated, but impale used to be pretty buggy back in the day, and impaling a target meant you were considered prone for the purposes of being impaled yourself. So A could impale B, then C could impale A, and things went weird if C was to disembowel; pretty sure that A would take the damage, but B would be the one who was no longer impaled.

• Brain wasn't. It was the sentinel prone burst that got put on that balance restriction. 

• Skullbash? Knew it had something to do with their head.
  • Ya that one. Hits damn hard whatever it is!

• I mean, so does Brain... Seems pretty arbitrary to include one and not the other.
  • From what I remember, Rangor's skullbash was pretty terrifying, and I could generally tank 3-4 brains no problem (that was a while ago, though, to be fair!).
  • There are logs of people tanking 3-4 bites no problem. I suspect you couldn't tank 3-4 simultaneous brains no problem, and that's the whole point of these restrictions.

I think Brain has had some changes to its damage so it's more consistent regardless of physical resistances, so it's probably higher damage now than you recall, too.
  • That classlead got rejected @brain. He evaluated its armor pen and whatnot and its fine apparently. Against fullplate/dragon I've seen a lot of people tank a few back to back in groups. I only really use it after health/fracture pressure so it can be incredibly deadly that way. Not too frightening if you're on sip bal/high health, imo. 

• I don't think the bite/bbt restriction has anything to do with when the first biter gets balance. I'm pretty sure it's just a timer, and you can have multiple dragons bite as long as they wait the necessary time (say, 1-2 seconds). It's faster than just a single person bite/bbting. But obviously you still don't want more than, say, two dragons doing it, depending on what the timer is.
  • It's possible that it's been changed without an announce post (or that I forgot reading the announce post), but here's the first announcement on the Bite change (#3837):

* BITE will keep the target in the dragon's jaws until they recover balance, to prevent multiple dragons biting at once.

And here's the one for BBT (#3872):

- BACKBREAKER (Tekura) will keep the victim in the Monk's grasp until they recover balance.

And here's the one for Skullbash (#4728):

* SKULLBASH now shares the DRAGONCRAFT BITE and TEKURA BACKBREAKER per target cooldown.

• So.. BBT and Bite incur a cooldown after they're used. Another person cannot BBT and Bite until that CD is done.
    You also can't skullbash during that cooldown. But skullbashing won't incur the same cooldown?

Or am I misunderstanding?
  • It's the same as those abilities in that if someone bit your target, you can't skullbash them until the timer is up and vice versa, was my understanding. 

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Taryius said:
    So.. BBT and Bite incur a cooldown after they're used. Another person cannot BBT and Bite until that CD is done.
    You also can't skullbash during that cooldown. But skullbashing won't incur the same cooldown?

Or am I misunderstanding?
    You're misunderstanding, all three lock each other out.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Does anyone have the decorated minor trait?  It reads as if you are then allowed to wear 20 rings

Decorated
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    About:
    You're a fan of all that glitters and shines, so you can wear double the normal amount of jewellery 
    in each non-piercing location.

Major Trait: No
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Have the mementoes auction items gone on general sale yet?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.