Miscellaneous Maths/Testing II

191011121315»

Comments

• A few bits of information:
    Cloak reduces blunt damage by 14%, not sure yet if it's the same for other damage types, or what damage types it applies to.
    Tsuura seems to be a 7.5% damage reduction.

Maximum message length on intone is around 50 characters (somewhere from 48 to 53). It still takes mana and wp if it fails, but not eq.

Ascend takes 2.3s eq.
  • Mainaas is 5% resistance. Kind of underwhelming for a tier 5 ability, but then again there are already a lot of other resistances to stack up.
  • Mainaad and Balateth (damage and speed) both seem to be 5% bonuses.
  • edited November 2016
    Cull and Reap have nearly identical DPS (it looks like reap may be ~2-3% lower), so reap is usually better overall for the faster balance.

While Laiad is active though, it's better to use cull instead, because it fits the duration better (you have time for 5 reaps or 4 culls, the 4 culls have higher total damage).
  • Is there a limit to the amount you can age yourself? It seems to be a limitless resource, except that at certain points, I can no longer Boost abilities. Is this intended? 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Certain abilities have a limit. Loop for example requires you to be under 250 extra years.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The limit is basically 1000 years.
  • edited November 2016
    It's impossible to boost an ability if it would bring you above 1000 years of added age. You can't use loop if you're already above 250. And the higher your age, the less effective distortion is.

It is possible to go above 1000 years, by using unboosted shift (which adds 300 years even when unboosted).
  • Preliminary tests suggest a 1% crit bonus for Trusad. Currently at 299/1621 (18.4454%) compared to an expected crit rate at 81 of 17.5616%.

• I've been hitting this dummy for a few hours now, I think I'm going to call this good enough. 1293/7000 (18.4714%) crit rate compared to an expected 17.5616%, the bonus is probably roughly 1% (half as effective as a L1 pendant).
  • By default, cloak doesn't give fire resist (I was hoping it was a universal resist like scales/algiz, sadly it's not), when augmented it gives 10% fire resistance.

With that, I think Hunting and Augmentation are fully tested, so it's time to respec (Longevity and Conquest are all that's left from Cooper's questions, so I'll probably do that).
  • Haste in Aeonics takes 3.9s eq, and lasts 8s unboosted, 10s boosted. It gives the target(s) a 15% balance reduction.

I was hoping it would be useful for group bashing, like canticle, but the only bashing use I can see is for a lower level depthswalker to provide support when they're being led on a bashing trip by someone stronger. I suppose it could also be helpful if you're in a large group, so 10-15% of everyone else's offence is worth more than half of yours.
  • For anyone interested in crits from someone who had luckbinder, lucky sip, level 3 crit pendant, level 100+, and lily crit bonus...

Total hits:         2467
    Total crits:        1464
    Total crit-rate:    59.343

Statistics:
    critical:            585  [ 39.959  ]  - 4 hits ago!
    crushing:            350  [ 23.907  ]  - 34 hits ago!
    obliterating:        218  [ 14.891  ]  - 9 hits ago!
    annihilating:        123  [ 8.402   ]  - 7 hits ago!
    world-shattering:    188  [ 12.842  ]  - 1 hits ago!

• Cooper said:

With a crit rate like that I'd be willing to take my chances on a rufescent paragon.
  • Cooper said:
    For anyone interested in crits from someone who had luckbinder, lucky sip, level 3 crit pendant, level 100+, and lily crit bonus...

Total hits:         2467
    Total crits:        1464

Statistics:
    critical:            585  [ 39.959  ]  - 4 hits ago!
    crushing:            350  [ 23.907  ]  - 34 hits ago!
    obliterating:        218  [ 14.891  ]  - 9 hits ago!
    annihilating:        123  [ 8.402   ]  - 7 hits ago!
    world-shattering:    188  [ 12.842  ]  - 1 hits ago!
    No paragon boosts?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Nope.

If they removed the goldcap I'd buy them all, but no point now.