Best kill line?

Was originally going to put this in quick combat questions, but didn't want to clog it up. Feeling severely stressed OOCly, want to have descriptive IG violence to balance it out, so -

What's your favourite/coolest/goriest first person kill line? I'm getting pretty close to being able to tri-trans a second class and think I'll do it just to blow off steam, but I'm waffling on it. Disembowel isn't exciting me thematically, I kind of like fighting in Dragon more just because you get to tear off and eat people's heads. Gorelicious ones are probably all Apostate (must resist urge hnngh), but I think it'd fun to see what other people see when they drop someone else.

Specific request - Death tarot kill line? Pretty please?

Comments

• Apostate has ripping out your still beating heart from your chest and ripping your soul out of your body iirc.
    Infernal has Vivisext

Monk has like 4, but none of them are really gory.

Brokenstar is probably the most goriest, but that's only because they pretty much fall into pieces if the context of the kill line is anything to recall.
  • It's not even close to the goriest, but the kill message for Absolve has always been my favorite.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm slightly biased, but Doom and Dictate are by far the best kill lines.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    X has been slain by the might of Austere.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    - 2017/03/10 22:05:02 - Summoned by Awakened Jinsun Ze'Dekiah, an avatar of 
    Death has sent Kalila to kneel before the throne of Death.

As requested, one of my favorites:

An almost unbearable feeling of emptiness heralds the arrival of a cloaked and 
    hooded figure carrying a blood-stained sickle. Kalila gasps in terror as a 
    skeletal hand emerges from the sleeve and points at her. She bows her head to 
    the inevitable as the manifestation of Death swings its sickle at her neck. You 
    watch in fascinated horror as she is gathered to Death's cold bosom.
    You have slain Kalila.
  • I had the vivisect line saved because of how good it is, but can we all bask in the glory of tzanta? Easily the best deathsight message.
  • Vodun Obliterate I used to think was badass, which then Mak payed homage to in Dictate. Just the whisper, "Die."

I think Dictate is so clean.
  • Hey, I wrote that!
  • Jinsun said:
    - 2017/03/10 22:05:02 - Summoned by Awakened Jinsun Ze'Dekiah, an avatar of 
    Death has sent Kalila to kneel before the throne of Death.

As requested, one of my favorites:

An almost unbearable feeling of emptiness heralds the arrival of a cloaked and 
    hooded figure carrying a blood-stained sickle. Kalila gasps in terror as a 
    skeletal hand emerges from the sleeve and points at her. She bows her head to 
    the inevitable as the manifestation of Death swings its sickle at her neck. You 
    watch in fascinated horror as she is gathered to Death's cold bosom.
    You have slain Kalila.
    Showoff :heartbreak:
  • Sena said:

Micaelis winces and stumbles as the skin on his head shrinks and hardens like aged leather. His eyes roll back and strangled gurgles escape his rapidly diminishing mouth as he struggles to breathe. His head withers like a drying fruit and with a final dull "crack," his skull splinters, the shards embedding themselves in his brain.
    You have slain Micaelis.
    "Shamans should get a way to shrink decapitated heads, as a neat trophy"

"What if we give them an instakill that shrinks their enemy's head while they're still alive. Like the Goombas in the Super Mario movie."

"What the fuck"
  • My favorite kill line by far. 

You used Angel Absolve on Target. [Success]
    You used Angel Absolve on Target. [Success]

:# 
  • Vivisect. Always been Vivisect. Thee most gorish, torturous, murderous kill out there, with just a hint of professional classiness.

I miss you Necro
  • Damnation is pretty fantastic. I don't log anything, so had to go all the way back to a forum post from 2013 for the message.

You bow your head and, in a gesture of righteous indignation, utter a holy curse upon Denex's name. A satisfied smile creeps over your face as Denex's head is thrown back, screaming in futile defiance as sacred flames engulf his body. The holy inferno dies as quickly as it came, leaving behind only a gruesome, charred reminder of the heretic that once stood there.

• Brokenstar>Damnation>Dictate imo

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Antonius said:

Damnation is pretty fantastic. I don't log anything, so had to go all the way back to a forum post from 2013 for the message.

You bow your head and, in a gesture of righteous indignation, utter a holy curse upon Denex's name. A satisfied smile creeps over your face as Denex's head is thrown back, screaming in futile defiance as sacred flames engulf his body. The holy inferno dies as quickly as it came, leaving behind only a gruesome, charred reminder of the heretic that once stood there.

I love Damnation, but I HATE the satisfied smile. I'm a good guy. I don't smile while I kill people. :(

Plz:

"You bow your head and, in a gesture of righteous indignation, utter a holy curse upon Denex's name. Denex throws back his head, screaming in futile defiance as sacred flames engulf his body. The holy inferno dies as quickly as it came, leaving behind only a gruesome, charred reminder of the heretic that once stood there."

• Brokenstar fits really well thematically with the class, but it's too animoo for me to really enjoy. I like the more visceral, meaty kinds. That being said, I do agree Dictate just reads really, really well. So authoritative.

@Blujixapug holy crap I totally forgot about that!

@Farrah I'm with you on the smile thing - though after interacting with @Rafiel I mentally imagine the smile being more like a serene, calm sort of thing (since the calm chaplain kinda feel is what I got from him) rather than a smirk-y thing I get if reading it isolation, and it fits...kind of well? Like, "Ah, holy death fire." instead of "lol rekt". Still get Warhammer vibes off of it, but granted my only knowledge of Warhammer is rabid fanboys going on about it >.>

@Jinsun thank you for that, I've been trying to find it forever because Soulless tarot was another of my favourites too. Definitely like it.

• I picked Occie when I first started playing just for the shout message
  • Anyone have the reclamation instakill line? I remember it being pretty brutal, drawn and quartered by vines.
  • edited March 2017

Both sentinel ones are awesome:

With a bestial howl you let the bloodlust take you, launching yourself upon your helpless prey. The crunch and snap of bone and tendons is a backdrop for the agonised screams of Mizik, as you tear him limb from bloody limb.

Taking hold of a mithril spear with both hands, you allow yourself a moment to revel in the knowledge that this one shall be returned to the embrace of nature. Bracing your feet, you deliver a tremendous blow to the petrified form of Mizik, which explodes in a shower of stone shards.

• I like the Druid Incinerate. A jet of white-hot fire so powerful that it blasts a hole in the target, sets them completely on fire, then turns them into a skeleton, then burns the skeleton to ash.

Red Dragons ain't got nothing on Wyvern fire.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Farrah said:
    Antonius said:

Damnation is pretty fantastic. I don't log anything, so had to go all the way back to a forum post from 2013 for the message.

I love Damnation, but I HATE the satisfied smile. I'm a good guy. I don't smile while I kill people. :(

Plz:

"You bow your head and, in a gesture of righteous indignation, utter a holy curse upon Denex's name. Denex throws back his head, screaming in futile defiance as sacred flames engulf his body. The holy inferno dies as quickly as it came, leaving behind only a gruesome, charred reminder of the heretic that once stood there."

They're heretics, not people.
  • Always liked Broken Star

Summoning all of your emotions, you forge them into your blade, becoming one with your sword. White Dragon guides your hand
    as you circle <name> in an instant, carving through his weakened body with the four fatal cuts that form the broken star.
    Returning White Dragon to its sheath, barely a drop of blood upon the blade, you watch on as <name>'s body falls in pieces to
    the ground.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • edited March 2017
    No love for heartseed? It's always been my favorite. Can't fine the kill line right now, but the death line when you're on the receiving end is pretty great:

Your mouth grows dry and your body feels hot and parched. Staring down at your hands, horror overwhelms you as your flesh begins to waste away before your eyes. Forked patterns gain shape beneath your withering frame, the skin splitting around them to reveal bulging green vines coiled around your very bones. Unspeakable pain courses up your limbs towards your throbbing skull, and the final sensation before you succumb to death is that of your heart tearing apart inside your chest.

Someday I'll get back to sylvan just for that, I swear.
  • You forcefully thrust the palm of your hand in the direction of Lyrin and a brilliant orange light bursts forth, bringing him to his knees. The fiery luminescence engulfs Lyrin's head momentarily, exploding in a brilliant display from the back of his skull, leaving nothing but a mindless corpse behind.
  • The kill line for Vivisect:

Drawing on the power of undeath, you wreathe your hand in black, crackling energy. With a diabolical laugh, you stiffen
    your hand and slowly run it down Thyranki's chest, splitting it open as you do so. With an expert touch, you rip apart
    his innards, causing a maximum of horrifying pain, and, enjoying the spectacle of Thyranki writhing and screaming in
    agony, you rip out his sternum and drive it through his splayed body, pinning him to the ground to die.
    You have slain Thyranki.

corpse276320        the impaled corpse of Thyranki

These are the twisted and mutilated remains of Thyranki. It looks as if someone split open the chest and experimented on
    Thyranki before death, while Thyranki was likely in horrendous agony. As a final touch, someone has taken the trouble to
    impale the corpse with Thyranki's sternum. A note has been pinned to the top of it saying, "This is the end of those who
    would trifle with Lucianus."
    It has about a month of usefulness left.
    It weighs 0 ounce(s).

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lol I was searching for thay. Couldnt find.

This here is why i define vivisect as taking the crown on gorish
  • Heartseed is pretty badass, but the line for killing someone with thornrend, or even lacerate, are pretty badass. Sylvan is up there with badass kill lines. Maybe @Rangor has the lines saved somewhere!
  • Alrena said:
    Heartseed is pretty badass, MO but the line for killing someone with thornrend, or even lacerate, are pretty badass. Sylvan is up there with badass kill lines. Maybe @Rangor has the lines saved somewhere!
    No lines saved, but happy to show you any time. ;)
  • I really like Vivisect, and Dismember.