What do you look like when you fight?

SImple enough question. We all have access to the same abilities, but it's boring picturing everyone doing the same cookie-cutter routine. If someone were to animate your character fighting, what would it look like? This is primarily a question to those of you with martial skills, but I suppose magic users can contribute as well (except for @Aegoth. There are enough ISIS videos online, I don't need to watch another video of a suicide bomber).
====================================

As an Infernal, Trey is something of an oddity. Think the measured, controlled cuts of a European arming sword and the rapid, staccato rhythm of a fencer, coupled with a generous helping of the sweeping, circular motions and footwork of Chinese swordsmanship. His movements emphasize feints and misdirection, a flashy, almost mocking style that sometimes seems more concerned with causing pain than damage. It is very disorienting and effective against opponents of lower skill, but experienced fighters learn his patterns quickly and find them lacking.

As a Blademaster, he has yet to swing anything other than a training blade. As one of the greatest mortal weaponsmiths in living memory, he refuses to use a weapon he didn't personally craft. As a result, his movements are textbook Kashari in nature, not deviating at all from what Kavaya teaches in her camp.

ARMING SWORD:

CHINESE SWORD (start at 1m30s):

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    As a two-hander with such a huge blade, I imagine Shirszae fights somewhat like Guts from Berserk. She can somewhat play it defensively now, but she is at her best when she is swinging with not a care for collateral damage, only on using the bulk of the weapon to maximum effect, her skill translating not in flashy or necessarily beautiful movements, but rather the mastery and minute handling of a sword and weight that could well crush the wielder.

As a Depthswalker, she'd probably be the mocking type of fighter, disappearing and appearing amidst shadows, her mastery over the heavy two-handed blade making her favour a breathless kind of assault from all angles.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited March 2017
    to answer Trey's question seriously:

I picture Minifie fights much like Siegfried in Soul Calibur 3, the brutal offense of a massive blade, where it's not precise, delicate blows but heaving attacks and incredible footwork and making use of the blade's momentum to adjust said footing. 

SC3 probably matches very well with how I see the combat working, especially with the blows landing I assume they never land hard enough to cause incredible injury, but the blade penetrating and causing many cuts and lacerations.

I'll pull out the PS2 and refresh myself with Siegy to get some good footage, Youtube has a bunch of people throw spamming or spamming heavy highs =_=.

Image result for siegfried soul calibur 4

Sorry for the large image, but something akin to this is how I would have made my main returning to achaea if I'd had known I'd be playing a knight again :P.
  • Krypton said:

If you are fireblasting a blastoise you should probably look back to my first post...
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    10% chance to burn...
  • Krypton said:
    10% chance to burn...
    Off topic: I remember spamming earthquake against Charizard in gen 1, knowing flying was immune to ground but because I got the 'but it missed' message I assumed it just had a low hit chance.

My logic skills were rather low in my yo... Actually, my logic skills are rather low.-
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be

Boosted doom deny strat more like:

Huh. Neat.
  • Before:

How I feel now when I fight:

• Have you ever seen Olympic fencing? Power, speed, and spontaneity.  Now add a shield, a songbird, and me singing/chanting/reciting with every jab.

• Oh god. Loving these

Mooooar

Someone give minifie a medal

• A dwarf doing monk stuff in combat p. much.

(Video:   Audio accompaniment.
  • edited March 2017
    How I picture it happening when Jhui and crew come to raid:

Image result for something ricked this way summer muscles gif

Monks OP
  • Minifie said:
    I had this whole image of Mini in combat and then I get jumped today and there is only one thing that can describe my woeful attempt at making what little I had repaired to work...

Image result for the black knight monty python gif
    I identify with this IC and OOC

• Caelan said:
    Minifie said:
    I had this whole image of Mini in combat and then I get jumped today and there is only one thing that can describe my woeful attempt at making what little I had repaired to work...

Image result for the black knight monty python gif
    I identify with this IC and OOC
    Don't be silly, Lieutenant Dan.

• like a dimachaerus, but "style" has changed a bit over time. some things cause temporary reversion, but that's a character trait rather than something specific to combat.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Trey said:

Don't be silly, Lieutenant Dan.
    Hey hey.. I work(ed) for a living!