League of Legends

Comments

• Daklore said:
    Lux-Morgana is hell. Binding. Binding. Binding. Binding. Binding. Binding.

I had a fun urf against a nidalee last week, though. Machine gun spears, I was dodging, diving, ducking, dipping and dodging and just generally laughing my head off and she hit everything but me. Good times, good times. I was Nunu, I think.

When the enemy gets something like a fiora or vayne...i tend to consider what to watch on netflix since it'll be done soon
  • Vayne? Wouldn't she just got one shot by everyonw in URF :P
  • Nah, because once she hits level 6 she can basically just go perma-invis and be a huge pain, I believe
    Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh hurty, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh fighty, hurty, fighty, hurty, fighty, slicey, slicey, facey, kickey -

art stream / twitter / ko-fi
  • Leliel said:
    Nah, because once she hits level 6 she can basically just go perma-invis and be a huge pain, I believe
    Basically this

But mostly it is the crit and speed bonus you get in urf. That and perma invisible and pushback/stun with early lifesteal makes it insane.

Though fiora and yi just make the mode unplayable :/
  • Aegoth said:
    fking normie. 1v1 me. gold tier is trash tier
    Not all of us wanna hire elo boosters tho
  • clearly you need a better job, then
  • IMO URF is to League of Legends what cigarettes are to lung cancer.
  • edited March 2017
    Oh, and Vlad should be deleted from URF. The whole video is pretty good, but I linked to the point where things get ridiculous.

• edited March 2017
    That's what I meant by questioning how Vayne is a huge problem in URF. Relative to other champions with high mobility/single-target burst/cc they'll just get onto her and one-shot her. Think Wukong, Jax, Xin, Ekko, Maokai, Azir, Galio, Zed, Syndra, Camille. They're some that spring to mind when I think of horrible to play against URF champions. 

Wukong is my personal favourite to play in URF. The perma E-W is so fun. 
  • I know most of yall gonna thing I'm crazy, but I think Vi would be super OP in URF, build tank CoC Vi and just E every single auto
  • MagikarpUsedFly said it best

It's fun for the first 10 games, until you realize how broken, painful and stupid it is >>
  • edited March 2017
    Elsam said:
    Oh, and Vlad should be deleted from URF. The whole video is pretty good, but I linked to the point where things get ridiculous.

Sweet jesus...those korean runes

Jovolo said:
    That's what I meant by questioning how Vayne is a huge problem in URF. Relative to other champions with high mobility/single-target burst/cc they'll just get onto her and one-shot her. Think Wukong, Jax, Xin, Ekko, Maokai, Azir, Galio, Zed, Syndra, Camille. They're some that spring to mind when I think of horrible to play against URF champions. 

Wukong is my personal favourite to play in URF. The perma E-W is so fun. 

I was fighting an enemy vayne in URF that was untouchable and easily cleaning house. Was maddening. If we had something like a Maokai or morgana, would have maybe been much better. But dying in 4 hits and being unable to pin her down from invisible + tumble was so upsetting. A vayne that knows what they are doing, and is playing urf, is a nightmare.
  • Been so busy with work that I haven't had time to play League recently D: will hopefully drop back in soon!
  • Kythra joined the room.
    A player didn't accept the AFK check. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
    You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
    Kythra joined the room.
    Avior joined the room.
    yo gunna learn  joined the room.
    seupapai24 joined the room.
    A player did not lock in their pick or ban. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
    You are now back in a chat room with just your premade.
    You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
    Kythra joined the room.
    Muichkine joined the room.
    Harambe821 joined the room.
    Squidyyy joined the room.
    Squidyyy : Mind if I top dude?
    Muichkine : why dont you pick top first choice
    Squidyyy : i do
    Squidyyy : lmfao
    Kythra: auto fill or secondary
    Kythra: I got bot
    Kythra: Im a top/jung
    Muichkine : well accept that sometimes you're not granted the role you want
    Squidyyy : Holy **** you're annoying
    Squidyyy : I asked for top
    Squidyyy : tell me no
    Squidyyy : ffs
    Muichkine : i thought i was supp
    Squidyyy : no u retard
    Muichkine : go top
    Squidyyy : jesus
    Squidyyy : imma kms
    A player left champ select. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
    You are now back in a chat room with just your premade.

I give up. All of this took about 20 minutes. Dodges happen at the last moment, or people just never accept. How are queue pops so slow below level 30? At max level I get instant queue pops, jesus. -Goes back to ranked account- Eff this.
  • Ah, the revolving door of queues >.>

Definitely notice the difference when duoing with someone to bring up avg. lvl and -1 rando!
  • edited March 2017
    Just do arams sub-30? :-3
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ivern is officially my new favourite champ, despite having just gotten him from a random champ roll and only having played him once.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Daklore said:
    Just do arams sub-30? :-3
    I flagged that on accident, then I thought about how appropriate that idea is to flag and almost re-flagged it.
  • I don't get it.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • So I was going over my recorded videos from the last month and tallying up my wins and losses. What I found out: I cannot play with other people. I have a positive win/loss solo and a hugely negative win/loss when playing with other people. My KDAs are also worse on average when I play with others. Is it just me or is that freakin' weird?
  • edited March 2017
    Elsam said:
    So I was going over my recorded videos from the last month and tallying up my wins and losses. What I found out: I cannot play with other people. I have a positive win/loss solo and a hugely negative win/loss when playing with other people. My KDAs are also worse on average when I play with others. Is it just me or is that freakin' weird?
    Average MMR. Your ranking is a bit on the lower side, and when you duo with people who have a much higher MMR it drags you and potentially other low ranked people into a division you/they aren't quite suited for/learned yet.

Not that this is a negative thing, but it's a fact and not a myth that each division is different and why over three quarters of the community is hardstuck silver. Vali's MMR is low-mid gold, we also got some plat last seasons, etc. The mechanics on both sides lead to different skill match ups. That's why people who get boosted will only lose and drop/decay back down to where they belong, because they won't have an even match-up at any point until they learn the mechanics to get out of bronze, silver, etc.

It's why when I was duoing with just you (and not anyone else) I could win lane relatively easily with just ghost and heal and no runes or masteries. It's also why IWD, Voy, Dyrus, NB3, can do 'bronze to diamond/masters/challenger' within a week. 

I'm also just fucking bad. So I was probably a large contributor to some of those losses.

As a side note, doesn't mean the losses were bad or you can't learn from them. Can watch your side of things and see if you could've done things different. Even if things are a stomp, if you have a higher MMR friend who plays the ladder, ask if they can watch a replay. It's how I got out of gold and into plat, when my diamond friend coached me a bit into what I needed to change or start doing.

/endwalloftext
  • Communicate better, play more carefully, don't fucking tilt. Also, buy more wards. 
  • wards win games
  • I feel like I really should learn to jungle. It's easily the single biggest weak point I have, and I've never really done it. 

Who's the best babby's first jungler now?
  • edited March 2017
    @Elsam mirroring with @Kythra mentioned - grouping with people will strongly change the people you play against. The games I queue just with you I've tended to absolutely maul the opposing lane, but if I queue just with @Kythra the games are a lot harder because we're usually against fairly decent smurfs (I'm preettty sure League is good at detecting smurfs based off our games). If I play solo I tend to still crush the other laner because my actual MMR is probably a little bit higher than my last season's ranked MMR. That being said, I don't have a ton of games played compared to most people so it might just be that my MMR is still fluctuating a lot...plus sometimes it drags other low people in the game, and it becomes a race to see who can exploit the other team's weak points harder/faster/better/stronger.

@Nazihk - this is just my take on jungle - when you're starting off, pick the absolute simplest mechanical jungler you can think of, because you need to train yourself to look at the minimap rather than your champion.

I would personally suggest Warwick - clears so easily you can start with an item advantage with bead instead of pots. His new kit lets him gank a bit earlier if he wants to, and his 6 is still strong. He's strong late game (which is more easily reached at lower mmr games), is tanky so automatically good, duels well, cleans up well. Only downside is his team fight isn't mega strong but you can usually just turn it into a bunch of 2v1 or 3v3s etc, and his objective control is about average though he can take them safely in terms of sustain.

I break it up into 3 related things you have to do - control lanes, control enemy jungler, control objectives. Controlling the enemy jungler is probably the hardest to do because you'll need to get a feel of every other jungler and you generally need a specific champ to do it, so in this respect just be aware of what the other jungler champ does well and when.

Objective control is mostly just being proactive with clearing wards/securing scuttle, checking when the opposing jungler is on the opposite side of the map to take/sneak objectives, or knowing when their lanes are back so they can't contest you.

'Easiest' is controlling lanes. Sometimes there's nothing you can do based off of comp/skill level of your lanes, and you just have to accept that. There's some general rules to start with - don't gank losing lanes, track who has flash/escapes, let your lane know well in advance. The latter two are easy to pick up, the first one has caveats of course.

A gank doesn't have to = kill, it can be a CS advantage/control for your lane, objective, blown summoners, etc. Risk-wise, failing a gank on a losing lane means you and that laner are even further behind, whereas ganking a winning lane will put you and a laner ahead.  If their jungler shows up when you gank the losing lane, you almost automatically lose already as well, and even succeeding might not mean your lane recovers. Most of the time, it is better just to snowball a winning lane even harder and use that to take over the objectives/game - if you're not a carry jungler then the truth is that you're just a glorified support, so just let your carries carry and ride them :>
  • Got the IE crit + headshot off on a bunch of targets last night, the damage is actually terrifying.

What else are people playing as ADC lately? They nerfed both my Varus and MF, I'd like to have one more besides Cait that can do stuff earlier (as opposed to say, Vayne) in case she gets picked. It just feels extra dangerous/unrewarding to be an ADC this season.
  • edited March 2017
    Vallie said:
    Got the IE crit + headshot off on a bunch of targets last night, the damage is actually terrifying.

What else are people playing as ADC lately? They nerfed both my Varus and MF, I'd like to have one more besides Cait that can do stuff earlier (as opposed to say, Vayne) in case she gets picked. It just feels extra dangerous/unrewarding to be an ADC this season.

Here you go. It's how I be a meta slave on my higher ranking account :joy:

https://na.op.gg/champion/statistics
    (Aside: OP.GG uses data from ranked games Platinum and higher.)

• edited March 2017
    Hi! I wanted to share this cool stuff for anyone who's interested!

So I've recently become a mod on League Confessions! (And server mom of the associated Discord.) Come check us out here! It's a really cool and funny blog and the Discord is one of the nicest League-related communities I've ever seen. 

I also finally revived my long-dead stream and am doing League streams consistently, as well as sometimes art, if you want to watch some goofiness as well I'm here.
    Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh hurty, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh fighty, hurty, fighty, hurty, fighty, slicey, slicey, facey, kickey -

art stream / twitter / ko-fi
  • 10/0/11 as Veig in an ARAM. Got an A-. How the fuck.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    10/0/11 as Veig in an ARAM. Got an A-. How the fuck.

Veigar in ARAM Is immensely strong. He has a selection of 5 heroes all in one lane in front of him, making it easy to grab free AP points much more than a simple SR game.

Frankly, im my opinion, Veigar will remain to be a problem so long as his insanely painful Ult remains a homing missile. Being 1 shot by him is no fun :(