Simple Ideas

Comments

• I once got a sex mistell before. :'(
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Xaden said:
    Ismay said:
    I once got a sex mistell before. :'(
    I already explained this, that was -meant- to go to you. Just cos you weren't interested...
    Cheater  :'(
  • Can we get a 'be on RWPHO upon login' button? That'd be pretty neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Anedhel said:
    Can we get a 'be on RWPHO upon login' button? That'd be pretty neat.
    Just trigger it off the Welcome To Achaea line

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Sometimes I play from the browser at work, and doing it in two different places is a lot of work :(
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Antonius said:
    Skye said:
    The real solution here is to delete nametells. A blight upon the world. 
    No. The solution is, as I've said before, for them to be nametells, not partofnametells.
    I've noticed that Farsee suddenly works like this? Unless I've done something stupid on my client side, I can't Farsee anyone unless I use their full name so evidence says it's possible!
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4562 (05/25/2016 at 19:11)
    To : Everyone
    Subject: Swat Report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FARSEE and NDS MATCH OWNER now require exact names.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Aerek Farsee was changed to be full names only a ways back, despite the fact that you can use a period to force full name.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Ryzeth said:

Make the TEACH command to work like reverse LEARNing. Spends the lessons of the person teaching, rather than the one learning.

eta: Or bring it back, and make it do that... I forget even if Achaea is the one that removed it or not.
    I actually like this a lot. It's basically like buying newbs lesson packages, but IC. Lessons are still being purchased from somewhere, so what argument is there against that?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I also get lots of mis tells. Tell To(rinn) gets me a lot
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I too, suffer from receiving mistells.
  • Mistells...

Everyone who sets their target alias to tar <target>

Person tells you, "Rat."

• Taryius said:
    Mistells...

Person tells you, "Rat."

You think you have it bad? I can't repeat some of the things I've been mistelled because people misspell 'say' ... I don't wanna get banned. :s
  • Syrennia said:
    Taryius said:
    Mistells...

Person tells you, "Rat."

You think you have it bad? I can't repeat some of the things I've been mistelled because people misspell 'say' ... I don't wanna get banned. :s
    Put them on pastebin anonymously, then wait for somebody to stumble across it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• tells you, "Grate"

And many other things they attempt to "Pry."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• hee hee... 'pry'.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Could we please have some method to target ourselves? It would really make testing some abilities and aliases much easier than having to drag someone to stand there and take it for a time.

Some of the other IRE (2 that I know of) have a very simple config option (such as Aetolia's config Disregard) that allows you to begin to be able to target yourself. It's both simple in concept and provides a reasonable way for people to be unable to abuse it (such as by forcing someone to hit themselves, which is simply countered by Config). Is there a particular reason we arent able to place this in Achaea's coding?

Please and thank you.
  • No, we couldn't. There are combat implications with people being able to target themselves (that have nothing to do with other people forcing you to do it), especially when considering certain afflictions counter and/or cure other afflictions. The clumsiness affliction used to allow this, and there's a reason that's no longer the case.
  • Could put in an aggression timer on it, so if you were hit by someone in the last 4 minutes (or whatever the limb timer is now) you can't hit yourself. Could go even further and add an exclusion to that if you are mutually allied.

• edited March 2017
    Hmm i see what you mean

A simple fix can simply be the inability to target yourself once you have been Aggressive to another or assaulted. I believe we already have a cooldown for this for class switching, so it shouldn't be too difficult to build up on.

Another idea could be allowing a designated location, such as the entrance or observation rooms of arenas, to allow self-targetting for testing purposes. A bit wonky but would do the trick.

I mostly would just love to be able to test scripts, see damage output and so on without having to ask someone to stand their sipping/curing for my own benefit of testing.

Edit: Cooper ninja'd
  • Antonius said:
    No, we couldn't. There are combat implications with people being able to target themselves (that have nothing to do with other people forcing you to do it), especially when considering certain afflictions counter and/or cure other afflictions. The clumsiness affliction used to allow this, and there's a reason that's no longer the case.
    Serpents used to be able to bite themselves with clumsy (when clumsy allowed self attacking), then shatter their own leg to ruin limb prep after evading somewhere safe. Pretty sure that was the main reason it was removed.

It could probably work with an aggression timer or special room though, yeah.

• A one credit artifact that's consumed on use, which randomly generates a new name for a Blademaster's sword without altering its appearance.
  • Ministers of Security who have to be absent should be able to provisionally invest an aide with the power to put up bounties :(

Or the CL should be able to!
  • D/W @Anedhel

Xaden told me to message him if it needs to be done.  (PS: tell me if folks need bounties.)
  • edited March 2017
    Anedhel said:
    Ministers of Security who have to be absent should be able to provisionally invest an aide with the power to put up bounties :(

Or the CL should be able to!
    The CL can nominate a temporary replacement to handle bounties by temporarily appointing that person as Minister of Security. City Leaders can also, as far as I'm aware, file bounties themselves (not sure if this is just the CL or also applies to council positions - i.e. Dawnlord only vs Dawnlord and Lumarchs). Seems like this is already covered.
  • Oh, can they? Hmm, I was told it was only the MoS. Nevermind then!
  • edited March 2017
    CL has every power that every Minister has. Cause they're the Ministers' boss.

Just CL, not Council.