OOC Raves

Comments

• Just went from Mobile -> New Orleans -> Little Rock -> Green Bay  -> Chicago -> Toledo -> Cleveland -> New York City -> Washington DC -> Charlotte -> Atlanta -> Mobile in a little less then 7 days driving and sight seeing.   

Pro tip I learned don't do NYC -> DC back to back unless ya'all got some  comfy ass shoes cause 16 hours in NYC straight walking then DC straight walking with kick your ass in some steel toe work boots.  

Good times all around :)
  • Achilles said:
    can't even buy a studio in a bad neighborhood for that price in SoCal anymore.  

I've been to Denver a few times, the downtown is gorgeous and so clean.  Also they have a really hot real estate market now, you should downsize to a 1500-1800 sq ft home there.  I love how homes have basements there, much man cave potential.
    Try prime downtown Toronto, my 450-ish sq ft studio has me wrapped around a $310k mortgage for the next 4.5 years.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Achilles said:

I've been to Denver a few times, the downtown is gorgeous and so clean.  Also they have a really hot real estate market now, you should downsize to a 1500-1800 sq ft home there.  I love how homes have basements there, much man cave potential.
    Try prime downtown Toronto, my 450-ish sq ft studio has me wrapped around a $310k mortgage for the next 4.5 years.
    Los Angeles is 20-25% more expensive to live than Toronto.  Do you have a 7 yr ARM?  
  • Just got my first ESL class booking! And secured moving help for the 4th. My work friends are literally the best.
  • @Sarathai well if you might be heading to England, nothing stopping you to see @Carmain or @Rangor up North or any of the Dutch achaeans etc etc

• edited February 2017
    Achilles said:
    Achilles said:

Los Angeles is 20-25% more expensive to live than Toronto.  Do you have a 7 yr ARM?  
    5 and non-adjustable, which is good. I predicted a government rate-hike given the bubble and super rich asians going out of control with property purchasing.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Achilles said:
    Achilles said:

5 and non-adjustable, which is good. I predicted a government rate-hike given the bubble and super rich asians going out of control with property purchasing.
    Did taking off your shirt help?
  • Sarathai said:I 
    Some of the things I alluded to in a couple of posts earlier this year (for which I have had my fingers crossed) have started resolving themselves (which is why I am still awake at what is, for my time zone, an absurd hour).

My fingers are still somewhat crossed (not gonna jinx myself), but I am highly likely to be traveling to the UK for several years, during which I'll be doing a research dissertation at Nottingham.

@Khaibit (you know already, but w/e) I'm coming to say hi! No running before I get there!

Also I guess I'll get to meet some of the UK Achaeans while I'm there? I've only been to the UK maybe three times at this point, and didn't really go far from London. So much to learn!
    Weekend trip to/from Bergen is easy to get done!

Same for Trondheim if you wanna see the @carmain.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    We can have another meet and party all day. Because there is only daytime in the summer where i live.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited February 2017
    Achilles said:

Yeah but in Canadian that's only like $217,000 :-)

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    edited February 2017
    I accepted the job in Colorado for more than was initially offered. Negotiations ftw. Now, still trying to locate a place out there. Broomfield & Thorton appear to be priced well, I have yet to take a look at them. I will be moving to Colorado 4-6 months before my spouse. Wondering if I should just rent a room or get an apartment. We're going to be selling our house in Az, but want to save money for Colorado's ridiculous housing prices. 

Also! I'm a native to Az. How do you meet people in a new state? :0
  • Jeslyn said:
    I accepted the job in Colorado for more than was initially offered. Negotiations ftw. Now, still trying to locate a place out there. Broomfield & Thorton appear to be priced well, I have yet to take a look at them. I will be moving to Colorado 4-6 months before my spouse. Wondering if I should just rent a room or get an apartment. We're going to be selling our house in Az, but want to save money for Colorado's ridiculous housing prices. 

Also! I'm a native to Az. How do you meet people in a new state? :0
    Just tell people, 'Hi, I'm from Arizona!' and they'll be all, 'Oh, you poor thing,' and give you yummy things to eat to make up for the cosmic injustice! 

I'm kidding. Please don't hurt me :( 
  • I have been told a lot of good things today.

Including my significant other asking if I'd like a promise ring, since we can't afford more than that at the moment. But it means a lot.

Which is pretty much why I've risen from the dead on here. I've always been so bad about checking the forums and it's such a shame! Every time I do visit I see everyone having tons of fun! I miss it!
    Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh hurty, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh fighty, hurty, fighty, hurty, fighty, slicey, slicey, facey, kickey -

art stream / twitter / ko-fi
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Holy shit Logan.

And also thank you Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart

• Just got back from a week in Bora Bora.  I may have to save some pennies and buy an island there. Sorry IRE, no more credit purchases!

• Rave/Rant

I have finally found an enjoyable job that pays decently and I can tote the kiddo with me. It's a big weight off my shoulders for a starting place. But, it has made it hard to log in the past few days! I will have an easier time this week, sorry mdor! Gotta get that $$$

• Good employees are very hard to find. But I finally found 2 of them! That's enough to cover all my shifts as long as I can keep them. Now maybe I can get a few days off. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Got a new phone today (ZTE Axon 7), really liking it so far.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Speaking of smoking...in a moment of triumph, I managed to locate one of my many wayward cigar cutters. No more, for now, are the days of biting off the ends of my cigars like some caveman. It's a small victory, but I'll take what I can get.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Jozlyn, what exactly is happening in this picture?

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    @kresslack he's inoculating logs with shiitake spawn. It's our assembly line. 
     yes, sir.
  • I used to grow psilocybe cubensis mushrooms when I was younger. Pretty much looks like the same technique.