What do you imagine the city accents to sound like?

2»

Comments

• Haha. Shallamese. Floating. I get it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Siena said:
    Kiskan said:
    Ashtan - US frat bro - chugging health out of red Solo vials.  But it's a diverse place, so you'll also see the occasional Jersey accent with a blowout, too.  The women only talk about totems.  Always in quotes.  Sound like Kardashians.  Or maybe Snooki.   

Cyrene - all sound like Martha Stewart.  Even the guys.  "So the pie isn't perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic", except a Cyrenian would never admit they care so deeply about pie.  It is a history of shame and desire.  But still.

Hashan - ???!

Mhaldor - Alan Rickman (too soon?)

Targossas - I don't watch any anime except for the clips people in these games always make you watch.  But Targossas is the plucky anime heroine when she is all cute and angry and stabs you to death because YOU'RE cute.  Or.  Princess Kenny.  Which I am pretty sure is the same thing.
    That actually sounds right for Mhaldor. I mean, @Mishgul sounds similarish? What of Shallamese? Those are floating around still too.
    l am English yes. :tongue:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    Siena said:
    Kiskan said:
    Ashtan - US frat bro - chugging health out of red Solo vials.  But it's a diverse place, so you'll also see the occasional Jersey accent with a blowout, too.  The women only talk about totems.  Always in quotes.  Sound like Kardashians.  Or maybe Snooki.   

Cyrene - all sound like Martha Stewart.  Even the guys.  "So the pie isn't perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic", except a Cyrenian would never admit they care so deeply about pie.  It is a history of shame and desire.  But still.

Hashan - ???!

Mhaldor - Alan Rickman (too soon?)

Targossas - I don't watch any anime except for the clips people in these games always make you watch.  But Targossas is the plucky anime heroine when she is all cute and angry and stabs you to death because YOU'RE cute.  Or.  Princess Kenny.  Which I am pretty sure is the same thing.
    That actually sounds right for Mhaldor. I mean, @Mishgul sounds similarish? What of Shallamese? Those are floating around still too.
    l am English yes. :tongue:
    Buuuuut you have the Alan Rickman deepness, the drawl....not like your brother in law. haha

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Typically I'd think of Cyrene as more like Canadian, it probably helps that @Daklore is there. However, we have a lot of dwarven characters who do their dwarven speech/rp like they're scottish so I'm not sure...
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Typically I'd think of Cyrene as more like Canadian, it probably helps that @Daklore is there. However, we have a lot of dwarven characters who do their dwarven speech/rp like they're scottish so I'm not sure...
    Canada has a wide variety of accents. Those of us in the Maritimes/Atlantic Canada have accents that are more closely related to Scottish and Irish accents, for example, because most of the area was settled by Scottish and Irish immigrants... soooo.... it still holds theoretical relevance. :3

(of course, I'd like to say to @lisbethae ... I DON'T HAVE AN ACCENT! :P)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Daklore said:
    Kayeil said:
    Canada has a wide variety of accents. Those of us in the Maritimes/Atlantic Canada have accents that are more closely related to Scottish and Irish accents, for example, because most of the area was settled by Scottish and Irish immigrants... soooo.... it still holds theoretical relevance. :3

A BOOT!
  • Eleusis - Welsh

Ashtan - Portuguese

• Lisbethae said:
    Daklore said:
    Kayeil said:

A BOOT!
    *eye* it's ABOAT
  • Cyrene struck me as having a solid mixture of half Scottish, half Japanese.

Ashtan is most definitely 'Murican, (Not to be mistaken for English or American.)

Hashan always just seemed to be Mayla, to me.

Targossas I never really pinned down, but I always figured it'd be a middle-eastern country.

Am I the only person here who imagined Mhaldorian as French, just because of-that-one-book (I think it was either Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or Podkayne of Mars, or The Callahan Chronicals some older sci-fi) and its description of the languages? 

Eleusis is a strange mixture of Jamican and Hippy.

Bonus round; racial accents.
    Horkvali: Japanese

Grook: Murloc

Satyr: Mr. Tummus

Draconic: Smaug, as voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch

Atavian: "Seductive" Jack Sparrow
    Dwarven: Peter Dinklage
    Trollish: Mayweather/Abott&Costello

Sireni: Inner-City New Yorker

Mhun: Hobbiton

Human: Southern American

Tsol'aa: Agent Smith. Not Elrond 
    Rajamalan: My old pet cat, Whiskers

Xorani: Dave Mallow

I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Hashani roads are mostly Romance with a bit of Greek--Serpentis, Menagerie, Pathos, Prolux--which makes me think it's going to be some sort of Mediterranean accent. Italian, maybe, with the whole "court of shadows" thing making it a bit Florentine.