I am curious!

Comments

• I can only play pick one? :(
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    No mementoes option? U.u
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    No option for Essence either.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I would really like to get dragon, but I feel like every 10% I get I lose some because I'm overextending just a bit too far. One day.
  • Also hunting for mementos now. Sometimes talismans, but it's mostly for gold.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Essence/gold/mementoes, mostly. Also sometimes just for the hell of it or when I am in creative mode and imagine some epic fights in my head while killing mobs left and right.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    essence, and getting logosian back

i got 80 in a week of semi-regular playing as a BM (when the class was new and horribly OP). Lost it and just kept sliding back because I hate bashing.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • All of the reasons. Gold, XP, essence (raising and defiling), mementoes now and to be honest, It's preferable to sitting mindless in a city. As Penny once said; you can just as easily talk shite on CT/Tells from the azdun catacombs as you can sitting on a guard stack.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Never's been true for me. I either focus on talking or hunting, but I never seem able to reliably do both, and die when I try  :s

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited February 2017
    Reagents & essence.
  • Gold, Experience and talismans.
  • Hunting is a social pursuit for me, I like taking people hunting and trying to wrangle whatever group I end up with in a way that reaps everyone rewards and makes the experience as enjoyable as possible. I end up travelling all over sapience and it becomes a bit of an exploration and discovery process as well as I shift zones to accommodate the challenges my group can support. I still hunt solo from time to time but the motivation is diminished unless I'm working on a new denizen to add to my deeds or purely for the personal conquest.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Multiple reasons really, like the others have said.
  • While I do enjoy hunting normally I've got a lot of other things on the go but dragon is keeping me going, wish I had more time to hunt.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I got more XP in January hunting for mementoes, than I did in all of 2011-2016 combined.
  • @Torinn that's why I asked - people keep complaining about hunting, but it's not something you need to do without a motivation like experience or gold or whatever.

@Ahmet what the hell are memen and why do you want their toes?

And yeah I realised after I posted that I forgot to include shrines, though I'm not sure how those buggers work now.
  • All of the above was not an option.

• None of the above really appeal to me. :(

Hunting's lost a lot of it's appeal after I hit dragon, and with city-fights and stuff, I only really 'hunt' for reagents-sake.
  • I only like hunting when I am mad or upset in real life. It is a great stress reliever...otherwise, getting to 80 is nice so I can stop needing to sleep all the time. 

• I enjoy it, it relieves stress, for essence, to help newbies, etc.
  • Because... must spread Oppression!
    And Suffering too, because I tend to die alot X)

• I'll hunt for gold or just so I'm doing something while logged in, then when I realise I'm close to levelling may make a conscious push for experience. Talismans tend to just be a byproduct of the areas I hunt.
  • As of late,

1. Gold
    2. Experience
    3. Helping others
    4. "Damn, I'm bored."

• addicted to accumulation. Experience mostly, the only thing money can't buy.
  • I don't like hunting, most likely (almost certainly) because I'm not very good at it. However I do go out on short lived trips and the motivator behind that is usually for gold or to pass time while bored. I hunted to eighty and am only at 81 and a third of the way to 82 due to the Wheel and two kills in raid defense.

• Dinging 100 was the end of my caring in any meaningful way about experience.

I'm not really that concerned yet about talismans so I don't go out of my way for them. I've only hit gold cap once and that was on a double xp day when I was pushing out to 100. I highly doubt that will ever happen again.

If I'm out hunting these days I'll be lucky if I move rooms before my rage fades.
  • I hunt when I'm out of magnesium.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • How does that work? Gold to buy minerals?
  • Pretty much. I don't hunt unless I have to, and the only time I have to is when I need supplies like minerals or elixirs etc.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.