Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, epsilon, iota?

Hi all

We're looking to release the Mudlet 3.0 final update soon - just checking in if anyone has issues they've noticed running the pre-release versions?

If you're running 2.1 or below, this does not apply.

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited February 2017
    Iota seemed to be having some issues for me (I believe it was gmcp related), as well as the module issues I've been having since delta(namely deleting and installing modules via the functions). I'm currently using Epsilon and haven't encountered anything major outside of that. 

Creating a package using the manager also messes up the xml file formatting if the scripts are part of a module.  I can send you an example if needed, but it's quite easy to manually fix

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'm still on delta. Anecdotally, I've heard there's issues with one of the libraries for iota.

Only problem with delta is the sound issue

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I'm on 3.0.0-delta. Every now and then when I use the search box function, all of mudlet will crash.

• I am using 3.0.0-delta. Whenever I install my personal script package via the package manager it will create an unusable bar that runs beneath the top panel. The downward arrow icon you see on the phantom bar (that is on the far left of my screenshot) is clickable but does nothing. It's just a weird bug that takes up screen real estate.

My work around is that instead of using the package manager I go directly into the .config folder and copy my script package into the profiles current folder. I can then just select it out of my profile history and I'm set. Doing it this way loads up my stuff without creating the bar.

I also have the bug Cooper mentioned where I crash randomly sometimes when I mess with the search bar. I cannot pin down any specific cause.

I have an issue where Mudlet does not save my screen as it previously was when I close out of Mudlet. For example, sometimes I resize my Mudlet tab to work on something else but I still want to be able to see a portion of my Mudlet screen. Sometimes I close it out when it is resized and not full screen. When I come back Mudlet will be full screen. I must click restore down to get it back. Obviously minor but 2.1 did not have this issue.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    On delta here, on occasion receiving gmcp messages will freeze mudlet for anywhere from a few seconds to upwards of a minute. Not a damn clue why. Is a very rare occurrence and can't pin down any particular cause or scenario where it happens.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Camroth said:
    Holy fuck Materia Magica still has players? I haven't touched that game in like 8 years :|
  • Cooper said:
    I'm on 3.0.0-delta. Every now and then when I use the search box function, all of mudlet will crash.
    Also experiencing this. Also, on macOS, opening a map window causes the menu bar to turn black.
  • Also voicing the sometimes crashing on search function in delta. Which is a shame because it is so useful but i avoid it unless im in a 100% okay position to crash.
  • What's voicing?

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's being taken onboard to help improve quality of the previews!
  • Voicing means stating, or speaking. In this context, Tahquil is saying she has the same issues other people have with the crashing problem.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    edited February 2017
    Still having this issue in 2.1 and tried it in Iota as well, and it was actually worse or happened faster in iota.

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4249/c-runtime-making-mudlet-crash

It is always expedited by a lot of hunting and running around and can sometimes be triggered immediately without even the freezing, just totally crashes from using goto. Have tried all kinds of things especially trying to replace the mapper. Not sure if it's my gui that someone else made, or something to do with mudlet. I thought I saw a thread on mudlet forums that a similar issue to this was going to be fixed in 3.0 but it was still present in Iota for me.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Oh yeah, opening TeamViewer causes my Epsilon to crash,  which makes me hate helping people.   Windows 7
  • That's kinda weird, do other people get it?
  • Vadimuses said:
    That's kinda weird, do other people get it?
    I've not heard of it effecting anyone else. I updated tv to see if that fixed it and it didn't. If you have a way of viewing me without tv, I'm more than willing to let you take a crack at it.  I just put tv on startup, so I had kinda forgotten about it
  • Cooper said:
    I'm on 3.0.0-delta. Every now and then when I use the search box function, all of mudlet will crash.
    Are there any conditions you noticed for this? Is this when you click on the search box or when you're typing into it or when searching? Does how much text is coming in from the game affect it at all?
  • It's when I click up after entering the text, usually after clicking more than once.

It has happened both when no text is scrolling and when text is scrolling, though my gut says it has happened more when I'm doing something like walking somewhere. 

• edited March 2017
    This may be due to a flaw in my scripts, but my Coa table, which holds all the stuff like consolepositions, shrine locations and much more, will be saved to a file. But then that file in some occassions grows over 9MB in size. While normally, it would be around 2MB. Loading such a file would the. Result in an incomplete table, causing me to think said file is in fact corrupted. The problem is, I can't reproduce it. I suspect using something like Coa["testCons"] = geyser.MiniConsole.new() (or whatever the exact syntax is) is a big factor in it, as I have about 9 consoles as part of that table. 

Sounds familiar to anyone else by any chance?

• Yeah, saving the entire Geyser object in it might not be such a good idea. I don't think you can load it from there anyway?
  • Cooper said:
    It's when I click up after entering the text, usually after clicking more than once.

It has happened both when no text is scrolling and when text is scrolling, though my gut says it has happened more when I'm doing something like walking somewhere. 

OK, so you open the split window by scrolling up, then click on the search box, type to search -> boom? Would https://launchpadlibrarian.net/309418537/mudlet-search.gif be an accurate description save for it not crashing?
  • It happens when I click the up/down arrows next to the box, and I don't split the window before searching. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I know mudlet now comes with a stock alias to delete all saves (except one per month)  for maps and the profile scripts.  Im very big on control, so in the past I've always handled this myself, however a few nights ago I got to noticing how much data I was actually removing from each section and realized the modules backups folder had -16- gigs of data in it. I was wondering if this default alias to clear backups could be expanded on to also handle module backups, @Vadimuses?
  • Oh, I've been meaning to ask: any chance on (socks) proxying being added? 
  • Austere said:
    I know mudlet now comes with a stock alias to delete all saves (except one per month)  for maps and the profile scripts.  Im very big on control, so in the past I've always handled this myself, however a few nights ago I got to noticing how much data I was actually removing from each section and realized the modules backups folder had -16- gigs of data in it. I was wondering if this default alias to clear backups could be expanded on to also handle module backups, @Vadimuses?
    For sure, good point.
  • Coamenel said:
    Oh, I've been meaning to ask: any chance on (socks) proxying being added? 
    Wouldn't be against someone adding it.