DWC + general newb questions

1235»

Comments

• Ask Amranu about his and how many times he hit Targs defendable chasing me :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Simple exception in the script. Especially with Mudlet mapper echoing .

Now this has made my "to do" list.

• Xaden said:
    Ask Amranu about his and how many times he hit Targs defendable chasing me :)
    Like once or twice? The biggest problem I have is everytime mapper updates my roomlocks get reset. Very annoying.
  • edited February 2017
    If you are wielding both scimitars which one does the dsb? I was reading over the ab for lagua (I think) that does higher dsb damage. I didn't know if it mattered what hand scimitar the rune was on.

edit: Also I was trying to find information about a change to nausea which I thought used to just make people throw up. Is it that if someone has nausea they just cannot parry at all?
  • As far as I know it doesn't specifically use either hand. Though Lagua is one of the required runes in order to make a weapon a Runeblade, so there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be on both.

• Antonius said:

As far as I know it doesn't specifically use either hand. Though Lagua is one of the required runes in order to make a weapon a Runeblade, so there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be on both.

Oh okay so the "L" runes are just always on the blade in the same way they used to just be a stat increase.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited February 2017
    Doesn't quite work like that. Impale and Disembowel aren't "weapon" attacks, they don't use the weapons' stats or respect left hand/right hand. Not to mention, Lagua is one of the base Runeblade runes, not the special "effect" rune, so unless you're using one Runebladed scimitar and one un-Runebladed scimitar, (no reason to do that) both your weapons are going to have it anyway.

Admittedly I've never tested this particular detail, but if Exelethril is to be believed, both runes take effect. He posted some logs a while back of DSL's Disembowel doing 10% more than S&B's Disembowel, under the same or similar circumstances.

Edit: And yes, nausea now blocks attempts to parry vs Weaponmastery attacks; it doesn't work for other classes. Still does the damage and hunger effects, too.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited February 2017

Did some quick testing as Runewarden, and all I can say is I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on with disembowel and Lagua. May need to upgrade my insignia and do more thorough testing to pin it down.

I will say that SnB using both longsword and a single scimitar with Lagua on it were pretty close - within .5% of max health - to the results I got as Paladin, though they each did slightly different amounts of damage. I still think that sword and shield (and possibly two handed) just isn't benefiting from Lagua at all.

• Antonius said:

Did some quick testing as Runewarden, and all I can say is I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on with disembowel and Lagua. May need to upgrade my insignia and do more thorough testing to pin it down.

I will say that SnB using both longsword and a single scimitar with Lagua on it were pretty close - within .5% of max health - to the results I got as Paladin, though they each did slightly different amounts of damage. I still think that sword and shield (and possibly two handed) just isn't benefiting from Lagua at all.

I've twice recently failed to insta-kill off torso dsb with 20str and runeblades as DWC runie.

Seems a bit shady to me.

• 20 strength with Lagua and level one torso damage is only just barely over 100% of maximum, and tons of classes have resist all defences of some form. You shouldn't be expecting to always kill with disembowel alone if they're tanky enough to be at full health when you do it.

• edited February 2017
    When Xaden DSB'd me in Paladin, I was at full, and ended up around 1050h, out of 5740h, which I think is about 82% damage or something, which seems way low for 20 str. 

ETA: Didn't log, but I'm fairly certain those are accurate numbers.
  • What were the actual numbers? Did Xaden actually have 20 strength? Did you have runes or a favour shield or something else that would act as a resist all? I'm not saying there's not something potentially screwy with disembowel damage, but anecdotal evidence isn't particularly helpful. Test it in a controlled environment.
  • edited February 2017
    @Xaden : 22 str is what you'll need to insta-kill a majority of classes with passive damage resists. Your numbers look way off though.

It's difficult to gauge the quality of the concept of Runewarden DWC dsb > SNB dsb but I reckon it might be intentional, since SNB has the ability to bury sensitivity into dsb better than DWC. Not sure if SNB Lagua is functioning properly either, I'll do some testing later.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Xaden : 22 str is what you'll need to insta-kill a majority of classes with passive damage resists. Your numbers look way off though.

It's difficult to gauge the quality of the concept of Runewarden DWC dsb > SNB dsb but I reckon it might be intentional, since SNB has the ability to bury sensitivity into dsb better than DWC.
    It's possible that I'd used up fury, I'm fairly certain I hadn't as it was my first dsb attempt and I only switch it on for the impale, but if I hadn't then we're talking 18str. 

• Antonius said:
    What were the actual numbers? Did Xaden actually have 20 strength? Did you have runes or a favour shield or something else that would act as a resist all? I'm not saying there's not something potentially screwy with disembowel damage, but anecdotal evidence isn't particularly helpful. Test it in a controlled environment.
    Nothing that mitigated DSB damage on my end, I would've mentioned it if I'd had it! 
  • Switched to Paladin. Have 22 str with Fury and inspiration. 93.3% vs a Shaman. Going to test this morning. Starting to think that it's me that's bugged >_<

• @Xaden You can test with me again later today. I was under the impression a 22str disembowel would be an insta, also.
    Although that insta-bleed tick right after that killed me had me tilted just a smidge.

• I don't know exactly what defences Shaman has now, but I would be surprised if they didn't have some kind of resist all available to make up for losing Algiz when Runelore was removed from the class. It's worth bearing in mind that the majority of classes have something that will reduce disembowel damage; not having a resist all seems to be the exception, rather than the rule, these days.
  • Yeah - was just testing there on Kyrra.

92.6% with Algiz.

100%+ without Algiz.

No idea what was going on with Solnir.

• Was it possible he had runes from a runie earlier?
  • Algiz only works against denizens on a non-runewarden, unless bugged.
  • Oh, thats interesting info, thanks Farrah
  • I didn't have runes, and I didn't have any spirit resistances, unless there's one not listed by the AB file, and shaman defs are just gripping and swiftcurse. Possible it's bugged but we'll test soon.
  • Xaden just needs level 3's, that'll fix everything.
  • Shaman has no resist-all defences
  • Just tested again, he one shot me from 100% with the dsb. Something must've been off with his strength the first time.
  • I bet fury ran out or inspiration dropped.