Achaean Fitness App?

Skip this paragraph. Lately I've been getting more active (yay) and find myself with too much energy to be able to sit for periods long enough to play Achaea in any meaningful way (boo). Seriously, why are you reading this paragraph? Right now I have a minor injury that insists I remain on my arse for 6 weeks, and 24.5 hours in I'm going bananas despite at least a dozen stubborn attempts at waddling (for gosh sakes don't tell Lis). Additional essential information: canes are terrifying and I'm apparently both hilarious and adorable with controlled substances.

I would love to be able to play Achaea without being immobile the whole time. An android app using step tracking to reward your character with experience, talismans, lessons, or something would see my activity and interest in and out of the game skyrocket.

Perks for players: Work on your character while maintaining a healthier lifestyle!
Perks for bigwigs: Games that promote/encourage a healthy lifestyle earn respect for doing so. Sometimes awards.

Comments

• That actually sounds like great idea! Might be a lot of work, though, but the idea is awesome <3

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Pokemon Go for Achaea?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Ha! If Pokemon Go used step tracking I would play it a lot more. Try Zombies, Run! though. It's a little fun.
    Kez said:
    Ha! If Pokemon Go used step tracking I would play it a lot more. Try Zombies, Run! though. It's a little fun.
    Hmm haven't heard of or tried that one but I'll check it out later.

• So.... what you're saying is " Fuck the cripples " amirite?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Caelan no. What theyre saying is, its much harder to catch a bot thats walking around for you than it is to catch someone who is autobashing.

I mean... erm... fitness? Yay?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Caelan no. What theyre saying is, its much harder to catch a bot thats walking around for you than it is to catch someone who is autobashing.

I mean... erm... fitness? Yay?

Anyone here watch The League?  I think it's Season 3, Episode 8?  The one with the FitBit Challenge?

• I think a app based on Achaea would be cool. You would choose a city and Order to be part of.
    - Before starting your walk you choose to aim for gold, xp or essence.

- gained essence adds to your Orders overall standing
    - gold goez towards city standing
    - xp to your own personal standing and can be used as currency

- you can spend your own personal xp for sabotages on other people, cities or Orders.

- every x steps/km you get an rp prompt/choice flavoured to your city (for example every 3km gets you one vote in Targossas on their current issue of capital punishnent. So if you walk 9km youd get 3 votes )

There ould be, of course leaderboards to see which person/order/city is the fittest. But!! Peope can spend personal xp to sabotage other people/cities/orders and knock them down ladders.
  • <Use old smart phone.
    Put app on.  
    Insert phone in paint shaker.
    Grab a beer>

• Pretty sure this is how you get hit by a bus.
  • Caelan said:
    So.... what you're saying is " Fuck the cripples " amirite?
    I mean, I know that's what -I'm- saying.

• Trey said:
    Caelan said:
    So.... what you're saying is " Fuck the cripples " amirite?
    I mean, I know that's what -I'm- saying.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2017
    I want to say that this is a cool idea, but with no knowledge and only about 10 minutes spent, I had a working version of Pokemon Go! set up on my computer with a GPS spoofer.

eta: I did it just to see how easy it was so I could contribute to the thread.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Yeah I was thinking something similar. You can download Bluestacks to play apps and you can even work Pokemon Go without ever leaving your computer.

• Pokemon Go uses GPS to track your activity which is what the gps spoofing is about. I was referring to step tracking which uses signals regarding the movement (jiggling, rotation, etc) of your phone to determine that your body is in motion, so you could hop on a treadmill or do crunches, pushups, lifts, etc and it would qualify as motion, as would the paint mixer until your phone was obliterated seconds later. This includes things that a paraplegic could do without leaving their chair.

There's always a way to cheat. Most of the people I encounter hunting are on autopilot as it is. Some have announced it on the forums and nobody gave a crap. Maybe if what you could get out of it was pieces of an inconsequential talisman set or an hour of crit/xp boost per 1000 steps instead of xp/lessons as mentioned above, people wouldn't mind the possibility of cheaters. Maybe you could get a lesson per 500 steps for the first 5000 per day and then it defaults to hours of boosts per additional daily steps.

However, it appears that the overall reaction to the idea is that some think it's kinda cool and some despise it enough to troll it, so at this point I'm here to discuss, not defend.
  • Woah woah woah.. I'm not "paraplegic" crippled FFS.

• Caelan's wheelchair, for anyone interested:

• TIL @Caelan was actually Jesse Ventura from Predator.

• Caelan said:
    <Use old smart phone.
    Put app on.  
    Insert phone in paint shaker.
    Grab a beer>

• Batista said:
    Caelan's wheelchair, for anyone interested:

So... the cop said "You can't carry more than ten rounds per mag"..  

I lol'd and said "Bish, this aint a mag. It's a belt"

• HIGH-CAPACITY COP KILLING ASSAULT CLIPAZINES

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Step 1: Activate app.
    Step 2: Place app on Roomba or attach to dog collar.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

• Kez said:
    Ha! If Pokemon Go used step tracking I would play it a lot more. Try Zombies, Run! though. It's a little fun.
    I tried Zombies, Run! I switched to Android, though, and then it wouldn't transfer my legacy stuff over from my iPod. :'(

There's actually a Pokemon step tracker thing for Pikachu! It's a pretty old thing now, though. 
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Trey said:
    HIGH-CAPACITY COP KILLING ASSAULT CLIPAZINES
    Mobile assault, baby!! MO-BILE ASSAULT.

Shit, I just realized that chair is black. BAN IT.

Or blue it and just call it my Hunting Chair... yeah.. yeah that

• This is too easily exploited. It would require a lot of admin oversight to prevent cheating.
  • Caelan said:
    Trey said:

Just get some wood furniture for your chair and take off the ported exhaust device.

• Trey said:
    Caelan said:
    Trey said:

Just get some wood furniture for your chair and take off the ported exhaust device.
    See! Now we are problem-solving!

• This thread was dead and gone but on a related note YAY I CAN WALK AGAIN
  • Kez said:
    This thread was dead and gone but on a related note YAY I CAN WALK AGAIN
    Asshole. :(((((((((((((((((((((((((