Class Tier List

13»

Comments

• Wut, why would anyone have the need to automate tumbling. Typing out a 2-3 letter tumble alias and pressing enter = < 0.5 secs, queueing should handle everything else.

If you know your opponent has a tendency to tumble, gamble on the timing of a single leg break dsb, which brings you in line with SnB.

If you know they're using a reverse limbcounter and don't tumble on a single leg break then prep both legs and still gamble on a single. It's not like prepping/re-prepping as a lvl 3 runie DWC is slow by any stretch.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Alchemist should also be S rank, at the least.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Bann said:
    Alchemist should also be S rank, at the least.
    Alchie is countered hard by slow prep and by fast prep. So anyone that can hit and run or anyone that can break something every 2-4 balances will shut them down. 

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • This is the greatest idea but the player behind the class is always more of a factor than the class itself. I think for the most part it goes:

Player > arties > class > traits > background music

Music choice tends to take the longest tweaking for final min-maxing and having to change the song mid-fight is where most high level combat is lost.

• That's hella wrong.

Background music > player > class > background music again > traits > arties

If I'm in a duel and I start up Magus's theme, you gonna die.

• Cooper said:
    That's hella wrong.

I used to do some pretty good killing to "Four Horsemen", "Phantom Lord" "Creeping Death",  and "Harvester of Sorrow"

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Caelan said:
    Cooper said:
    That's hella wrong.

I used to do some pretty good killing to "Four Horsemen", "Phantom Lord" "Creeping Death",  and "Harvester of Sorrow"
    Just me that loops Doop by Doop then?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    No love for Adele? The only fights I win are the ones where Im playing set fire to the rain or rolling in the deep.
    Huh. Neat.
  • For what it's worth, sound has a faster pathway to the decision making centres of your brain when compared to sight, because the visual pathway has to go through a different region (visual cortex of the occiptal lode) and have some processing done there before it can be fed onwards. You can react more quickly to sound (granted by ~0.1ms) as a result. You could potentially also benefit in that music that you have an emotional connection to can increase your state of physiological arousal, which could mean release of adrenaline, which will increase reaction time.

(Smell passes through the basal ganglia which is associated with emotional processing and also closer to processing lobes compared to vision so if you could somehow trigger scent off of in-game stuff at high mechanical speed and you had some mental response queued, that would also beat out reading text)

/off-topic

I've been assuming most of these lists are going off of high artie levels - with regards to what @Kythra mentioned at the start for new/un-artied players, I'd be interested to see what people rank things at under those circumstances. I'd assume jester, apostate, shaman sit higher when offensive pressure isn't as intense.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jester gameplay.

Fashion, leap east, fashion, leap east x 30.

30 minutes later...

Press some buttons, rek some face.
    Huh. Neat.
  • You are right.  Give Jesters Moar room hinder. Clearly they need to be able to ensure their victim can't run away.

• /sarcasm

• I had Jester as a third slot class for over a year and I don't think I fashioned anyone other than my team mates for summon. You don't even need puppetry at all for that class. 

• Until everyone figures out the one trick to stop any Jester who isn't using puppets.

• edited February 2017
    Eh, eating a random herb on speed strip doesn't kill every strat. Their aff output and bal free force is still terrifying. 

And concussion bomb strategies. 

Ugh and now I want to drop DW and go back Jester. 

• Do jesters have a good counter to shielding at the right time without puppets? I always thought that was the biggest counter to axes and aeon that not many people seemed to talk about
  • Yeah shielding against a jester without lethal ink works, but you fall behind if they have lethal ink in my experience. 

• Oh just read your bit about aeon specifically. Yeah shield on strip wrecks it too. Or just clearing the Mickey. 

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    How much has changed since this?

• Forumsnecromancer class has moved into (SS) tier
    1. Nightblade 
    2. Sorceror
    3. Dragonknight
    4. Templar
    5. Warden 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I know I shouldn't derail/necro the thread further, but I definitely got a good chuckle sitting here reading the forums seeing this as I'm queuing up for dungeons to work on set pieces for my vMA. I basically live in ESO now and I've been having a great time. :D
  • We have an Achaean guild if you wanna join, it's mostly only me and Iaki left these days though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]