OOC Raves

Comments

• To all the people getting jobs/raises/promotions: Congrats, that's super great!

Also, Quisse, I love you very much, but. Good grief. You make it hard for us to be friends. :(
  • Before University Job Expo: Drifting aimlessly around the Internet. Video games losing their taste. Daily supper of screaming souls no longer satisfying. Nearing the point where implosion from crushing ennui was imminent.

After University Job Expo: Hope drifting in small, yet palpable waves. Infiltrated records of presence in at least twenty companies over the course of a week. Acquired four responses before the week ended. There are no words recordable in any human language that can express my elation at the positive report.

Now, status report:

Company 1 of 4: Bank. Took and passed their pre-employment exam today. Interview scheduled for next week.
    Company 2 of 4: Tech. Interview on Tuesday.
    Company 3 of 4: Anti-Virus. Threat Response Engineer exam on Wednesday.
    Company 4 of 4: Nokia. Programming exam on Saturday for myself and one of my less ancient siblings.
    Bonus: Won a Samsung Galaxy On7 from another company's Job Expo raffle. Claiming within the week.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Synbios said:
    Before University Job Expo: Drifting aimlessly around the Internet. Video games losing their taste. Daily supper of screaming souls no longer satisfying. Nearing the point where implosion from crushing ennui was imminent.

After University Job Expo: Hope drifting in small, yet palpable waves. Infiltrated records of presence in at least twenty companies over the course of a week. Acquired four responses before the week ended. There are no words recordable in any human language that can express my elation at the positive report.

Now, status report:

Company 1 of 4: Bank. Took and passed their pre-employment exam today. Interview scheduled for next week.
    Company 2 of 4: Tech. Interview on Tuesday.
    Company 3 of 4: Anti-Virus. Threat Response Engineer exam on Wednesday.
    Company 4 of 4: Nokia. Programming exam on Saturday for myself and one of my less ancient siblings.
    Bonus: Won a Samsung Galaxy On7 from another company's Job Expo raffle. Claiming within the week.
    Bloody aliens taking the jobs from earthlings. Someone should build a satellite missile defence network and make the aliens pay for it.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Dyson sphere around Earth! Fuck those guys.
  • Anedhel said:
    Dyson sphere around Earth! Fuck those guys.

Sorry, meatbag.

I already built a Dyson sphere. Also, it was far more productive to build it around your precious sun. Mmmm, energy. Though I suppose I'll build one around the Earth to harvest meatbag souls.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I mean, a dyson sphere around earth would not be very effective at all D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Big thanks at @Vadimuses for the unexpected and very much appreciated birthday present!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENE!
  • Happy birthday @Keneanung !!!

As a counterpoint to today's OOC rant, I have been in the hiring process for VIPKid which is an online ESL teaching program (contract) for about two weeks, and I found out today that I got the job. So I'm really excited I'll have some extra cash plus a job to take up the month that I don't work in the summer (yay school contracts). And the kids are freaking adorable and I really love teaching.
  • edited February 2017
    Sobriquet said:

If anyone is interested in the story, or wants to donate then please see the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Running4Ed

Honestly, I would but I just maxed out my card on a trip.  Friendships like that are hard to come by.  Bravo Zulu for honoring him in such a way.  Much respect

• @Sobriquet have you ever heard of Run The Year? It's proving to be an insane community of people all trying in various forms to run 2017 miles in 2017. Might be something you're interested in!
  • edited February 2017
    Nicola said:
    @Sobriquet have you ever heard of Run The Year? It's proving to be an insane community of people all trying in various forms to run 2017 miles in 2017. Might be something you're interested in!
    I'd not heard of that, no. Will have to take a look into it.. seems like a fair old way though, and knowing me I'd probably be looking at running 1500 miles in between Christmas and New Year..

Edit- https://runtheedge.com/runtheyear2017/

:o 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Nicola said:
    @Sobriquet have you ever heard of Run The Year? It's proving to be an insane community of people all trying in various forms to run 2017 miles in 2017. Might be something you're interested in!
    I'd not heard of that, no. Will have to take a look into it.. seems like a fair old way though, and knowing me I'd probably be looking at running 1500 miles in between Christmas and New Year..
    You can do it in a team of up to 4 people (and if you have mileage already accrued you can backdate the tracker.) It's a lot of fun if you have a friend or two to share the miles with (or race because competition is much more fun than cooperation.)
  • Looks like a team thing would be the way to go..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Just redeemed enough steam keys that I was told I couldn't redeem any more without having to wait.

Humble bundle rocks.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Received a job offer for a new job out in Henderson, Colorado! I am wondering if there are any Colorado Achaeans that could give me advice on a potential move from Arizona? What are the cheaper/still safe areas to live in Colorado?
  • damn, didnt you just buy a house in az too?
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Aegoth said:
    damn, didnt you just buy a house in az too?
    Yes! Which is why I panicked when I saw Colorado's housing market. I'll be making enough money to live there, but I would definitely love to live in an area of Colorado much closer to Arizona's 200k for 2000-2700 sf range.
  • I wish I could buy a house for 200k in non-degenerate areas :s 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    can't even buy a studio in a bad neighborhood for that price in SoCal anymore.  

I've been to Denver a few times, the downtown is gorgeous and so clean.  Also they have a really hot real estate market now, you should downsize to a 1500-1800 sq ft home there.  I love how homes have basements there, much man cave potential.
  • A two bedroom apartment in the DC suburbs goes for more than 200K... 
  • I miss living in Denver. I could never afford to go back there these days, but it is my favorite city to live in hands down.

• Saeva said:
    I miss living in Denver. I could never afford to go back there these days, but it is my favorite city to live in hands down.
    As someone living in Boulder currently, I can attest to the stupidity of the housing market here :(

• Some of the things I alluded to in a couple of posts earlier this year (for which I have had my fingers crossed) have started resolving themselves (which is why I am still awake at what is, for my time zone, an absurd hour).

My fingers are still somewhat crossed (not gonna jinx myself), but I am highly likely to be traveling to the UK for several years, during which I'll be doing a research dissertation at Nottingham.

@Khaibit (you know already, but w/e) I'm coming to say hi! No running before I get there!

Also I guess I'll get to meet some of the UK Achaeans while I'm there? I've only been to the UK maybe three times at this point, and didn't really go far from London. So much to learn!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I lived near Nottingham for the first 6 months of my life. Watch out for the men in tights.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."