Bonuses based on Escrow

Think we can have bonuses based on how much escrow you have?

Just example:
20K escrow: 1% crit bonus, 1% xp gain bonus
50K escrow: x% crit bonus, x% xp gain bonus
etc

Things that won't likely break the game but give the spenders more fun, and also... more targets to hit (escrow amount). So these bonuses are only attainable by achieving the escrow tiers. Even if I don't have any other artefacts to go after, I may still buy creds to get those bonuses. That's the idea...

Thank you.

Comments

• If something like this was put in (please god no), I'd rather see it go the opposite way. Kill someone with 40k escrow? Double experience
  • Naw we just need RANKINGS ESCROW. Then whales can knock themselves out for bragging rights.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Rankings cheezbrgr. Public listing of peoples' personal values displayed as the amount of cheeseburgers they could have purchased instead.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ... Yeah that's fair tbh.

I have like 12k-15k escrow in total so....
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Would be better if they converted it into real dollars.  Making it rain since 1997
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

• Oh yeah I would support custom honours lines.

Through a series of misspent student loans, <player> has attained an escrow of 50,000 credits.

Laughing in the face of debilitating credit card debt, <player> has attained an escrow of 50,000 credits.

Having spent more years at home than any millennial should ..

You get the idea but I'm sure this doesn't apply to anyone here though at all.
  • Forsaking the benefits of proper healthcare and a stable retirement plan, <player> has attained an escrow of 130,000 credits.
     <3 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    <Player> is ranked 1st in fiscal sensibility, having purchased nothing but two lesson packages for his/her character.
    <Player> has slain his retirement savings, having submitted to their crippling addiction to gambling promotions.
    Huh. Neat.
  • <Player> is just plain richer than you. Suck it, peasant.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't want to know how much money I've thrown at Achaea, let alone what I've spent on other people as well. It's a depressing thought.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I'm all for it, as long as they fix the auction escrow bug!

• Is it April 1st already?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I love you folks.
  • I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
  • Minifie said:
    I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
    How much escrow does it take to have coin-sized ones?
  • Ryzeth said:
    Minifie said:
    I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
    How much escrow does it take to have coin-sized ones?
    That's reserved for the highest escrow, giving the honours line "his/her nipples are impressively coin sized."
    Are we talkin

or

Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Are we talkin

or

The perth gold mint one, gotta have a decent reward for @antonius and @mindshell
  • I suddenly find myself pondering over Prospero's nipple shape...
  • Antidas said:
    I don't see why people with the ability or desire to spend large amounts of money on the game should get even more bonuses than they already get for simply owning all those artifacts.

Just seems 100% unnecessary, and will only serve to widen the gap between people with a disposable income and people without.
    This, basically. I am one of those people with outrageous escrow, and I have the combat acumen of a dead brick. I've always liked how in this game high-end artefacts still provide you with only a relative edge in combat situations, and that's only if you know what you're doing. Achaea is an expensive game, but I would say it's not pay-to-win. Somebody like me would never win against somebody who has few artefacts but a lot of combat skill -- and as one of those "big spenders" or whatever -- I like it.

My primary concern with this game has always been that people who can't afford artefacts erroneously feel they can't make a mark on things, they get discouraged and they leave. Making a change such as this would only exacerbate this problem.
  • edited February 2017
    Silvarien said:
    Antidas said:
    I don't see why people with the ability or desire to spend large amounts of money on the game should get even more bonuses than they already get for simply owning all those artifacts.

Just seems 100% unnecessary, and will only serve to widen the gap between people with a disposable income and people without.
    This, basically. I am one of those people with outrageous escrow, and I have the combat acumen of a dead brick. I've always liked how in this game high-end artefacts still provide you with only a relative edge in combat situations, and that's only if you know what you're doing. Achaea is an expensive game, but I would say it's not pay-to-win. Somebody like me would never win against somebody who has few artefacts but a lot of combat skill -- and as one of those "big spenders" or whatever -- I like it.

My primary concern with this game has always been that people who can't afford artefacts erroneously feel they can't make a mark on things, they get discouraged and they leave. Making a change such as this would only exacerbate this problem.
    The escrow bonus should be limited to quality of life, and not combat related. Things like xp gain, crit bonuses, wp endurance regen bonus, free language, free whatever I don't know etc. It's definitely going to be interesting, and if this was real, I am sure everyone is happy, even if you think it's terrible idea. You probably even spend more to advance higher tier.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sorry, but the OP is the one of the dumbest things I've ever read. The artefacts themselves already give the benefits, adding more benefits on top is unnecessary.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited February 2017
    All of my bull shitting in this thread aside, how many people would something like this affect really? Is giving tiny non-pk bonuses to a handful of people who probably generate a noteworthy portion of the games profits on their own really that a big a deal. 

IRE games are one of the most expensive f2p business models I have ever seen. Most everyone here participates in that. Giving more to someone who has spent more money is what f2p games are all about.

Edit: For clarity I don't necessarily think this is a great idea in and of itself, I just don't think it would matter much if implemented. Of all the things anyone could claim to worry about causing a disparity among the haves and have-nots, something like this ranks trivial at best.
    edited February 2017
    IRE has one of the most expensive f2p models out there.

Its also the only f2p model that guarantees you items that will pretty much always have a significant impact on your gameplay. Other games have cosmetics or tier items that are edged out with the power creep or limited use time-saving mechanics, but very very few games have anything nearly as permanent and impactful as artefacts, much less in such a wide variety.

Edit: And its the only one Ive ever encountered that lets you trade in those rewards for anything substantial in return.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I don't disagree with that, I was just more reading back over this thread and seeing all the likes of agreement with the first couple of comments. 

Then I started picturing the 50k escrow living artefact guy squaring off with the tri-trans no artie guy and everyone is crowded around them whispering things like, "This is going to be good."  "It's all about skill in a game like this". Then someone in the back mentions giving the 50k escrow guy a 1% crit bonus and everyone is like "Oh hell no, think about the poor people." "That's just TOO GOSH DERN MUCH, that crosses a line".

Anyone bothering to read this post, don't take my post too seriously. I sure didn't.