Stuttgart, Germany

So, gunna be here for a week or two, depending on how long work needs me. Won't have a lot of free time, and no vehicle, but anyone know any places I have to check out while I'm there? 
Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud

Comments

• Bierstubes. Lots of bierstubes. Und bratwurst. Und VfB Stuttgart. 

• @Coamenel That's obvious, though...
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • The Auld Rogue has a really good burger. Also, you gotta go to Hoffbrau... 
  • VfB Stuttgart only plays 2nd division, but the home games are still pretty good to go to, atmosphere is nice. If you're into cars, there are some museums (Porsche, Mercedes) that are supposedly nice. If you don't mind driving a few miles or using the bus/tube, there's the "Ad Astra" pub in Esslingen (around 10km from the city). Cafe Galao is great for eating, and if you're into coffee, you gotta visit the Herbertz (it's a bit posh sometimes, but the coffee is awesome), those are both right in the city.
  • @Magenta Thanks! I'll see if I can squeeze at least some of those into my schedule.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • @Vercio Went to Auld Rogue tonight! Amazing BBQ burger and great service and beer selection. Thanks for the suggestion! 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Not a problem!
  • Magenta said:
    VfB Stuttgart only plays 2nd division, but the home games are still pretty good to go to, atmosphere is nice. If you're into cars, there are some museums (Porsche, Mercedes) that are supposedly nice. If you don't mind driving a few miles or using the bus/tube, there's the "Ad Astra" pub in Esslingen (around 10km from the city). Cafe Galao is great for eating, and if you're into coffee, you gotta visit the Herbertz (it's a bit posh sometimes, but the coffee is awesome), those are both right in the city.
    I've been to FC Koln and Bayern Monchengladbach, both not the best clubs in germany but a fantastic atmosphere around the game. Especially monchengladbach was fantastic, one of the most fun games I've ever watched and I can't even recall against we were playing :P

Which is why I suggested a football club, not to support a club, but to enjoy a nice day of football in a fantastic setting you won't find anywhere else fast. Not where I live at least, we all hate each other to much ;)
  • Coamenel said:

Which is why I suggested a football club, not to support a club, but to enjoy a nice day of football in a fantastic setting you won't find anywhere else fast. Not where I live at least, we all hate each other to much ;)
    You sound as if you live in the Ruhr. :lol:
  • Magenta said:
    Coamenel said:

You sound as if you live in the Ruhr. :lol:
    The Netherlands, actually. :)
  • You're getting an invite to the new Europe clan, then. ;)
  • I still haven't gotten an invite to that damned clan. Y'all racist!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

Can I join the skype group chat for funsies?
  • Hey I'm here. Anyone around that wants to grab a beer?
  • At 6:30am. You need help.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    At 6:30am. You need help.
    Be fair, mainland Europe is an hour ahead, it was 7.30.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • And I didn't necessarily mean right then...
  • You ain't gotta lie to kick it Solnir!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • True. I definitely had a breakfast beer.
  • I am up for drinks. Where and what's the closest airport?