Wheel February 2017

edited February 2017 in North of Thera
Bought 35 spins Here are the results:

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with racetrack tickets.
You have received a raffle ticket!
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with racetrack tickets.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade credits.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an artefact discount voucher.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an ink-stained rose thorn.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a Brooch of the Tempest.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token and a coiled paper party favour.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Lesson Gain.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mysterious crate.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 2 Lucrescent nuts and a group of 2 profithysts.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token and a pewter goblet.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Bound Credits.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 3 balls of seftonium and a translucent piece of shunsten.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Bound Credits.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade credits.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Lesson Gain.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an artefact discount voucher.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a long, elegant ebony pipe.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an elegant diamond vial.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with raffle tickets.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mysterious crate.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mechanical box.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with raffle tickets.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 3 Lucrescent nuts and a translucent piece of shunsten.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 3 balls of seftonium and a group of 2 cerulean lifestones.
A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an elegant diamond vial.

Was a total of 15 racetrack tickets, 1278 lessons, 122 bound credits, 142 upgrade credits, and 43 raffle tickets.

Comments

• THank you based @Roagnak .

The wheel this time seems like a fat lotta fuck that.

5 spins for 45 and most of yours got you... credits... and... crates.. and other worthless stuff.  I'd rather just get talisman pieces lmao.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'm split between being sad and relieved about only being able to buy tokens on the website. I can take a good guess at the reasoning, but I can't quite figure out if I want it or no.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I laughed openly when I saw mechanical boxes.

A gamble within a gamble, and the box requires you to spin 3 times to get 3 of the same thing. Oh gosh

Rest in 'pieces' caches.
  • While the wheel spin prizes are mostly lackluster, it seems like each is a raffle ticket in addition to everything else. I'd dearly love to win that raffle.

• Remember the way the wheel used to be? was worth it. Now just seems like IRE is trying to weasel folks out of that hard earned cash. Gotta pay them bills I reckon. 
  • Just post feedback, the devs have recently been -awesome- at upgrading things if people feel the promo isn't worth paying for. Hell a decade ago we -may- have gotten a christmas promo once a year, so if buying 5 spins and feedbacking nicola/mak will get them to readjust or explain the value in it, then I am pretty happy.

will buy spins if one of these two jobs land, otherwise gotta hold tight a while longer =_=
  • edited February 2017
    That custom artifact is definitely drool worthy....The ideas are limitless (though bound within the constraints of balance).

Artifact to turn you into an untargetable statue for 10 seconds. It shall be named "Khalas' Damnation" >>

• Rafeekee said:
    Remember the way the wheel used to be? was worth it. Now just seems like IRE is trying to weasel folks out of that hard earned cash. Gotta pay them bills I reckon. 

The payouts have actually all increased since the last time we ran the wheel (October). There's obviously a degree of randomness, but I can safely put to rest the idea that average value has gone down to rest.

• For the 20 spins I got I am sure I didn't come close to breaking even if I just purchased straight credits with elite, regret not purchasing straight up when I could have scored some crowns too. Oh well.
  • Still no credit/artefact discount sales. Feelsbadman.jpeg

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I only received one Raffle Ticket, which I was told was wrong. Issued it, but want to confirm that it's wrong or if it's the way it is (sometimes) intended to be, I won't sweat it:

You deftly spin a large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud, clacking noise. A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with raffle tickets. You have received a raffle ticket!

Did Credit Report and:

You have 1 raffle tickets.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    I only received one Raffle Ticket, which I was told was wrong. Issued it, but want to confirm that it's wrong or if it's the way it is (sometimes) intended to be, I won't sweat it:

You deftly spin a large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud, clacking noise. A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with raffle tickets. You have received a raffle ticket!

Did Credit Report and:

That was actually a bug - you only get a guaranteed raffle ticket on the spin if its one from the website, but the message was showing on all spins regardless. All fixed now!
  • Makarios said:
    Prythe said:
    I only received one Raffle Ticket, which I was told was wrong. Issued it, but want to confirm that it's wrong or if it's the way it is (sometimes) intended to be, I won't sweat it:

Did Credit Report and:

That was actually a bug - you only get a guaranteed raffle ticket on the spin if its one from the website, but the message was showing on all spins regardless. All fixed now!
    Thank you! Ignore my Issue! (Like you needed me to tell you that!)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I think the major allure of it back in february that it was 25 bound credits.  Which meant that you could spin the wheel outright with credits earned in game, or you could spam buy shitton of CR on the website.

Of course, that murdered the piss out of the credit market, but it was still A+ in my mind.

Eitherway... looking at Roagnak's 35 spins... I would not want to get a friggin piece of profithyst and some nuts that will decay in short time and are much less useful.
  • I really wish I had the money to buy tokens since I believe they give better chances for better stuff?
    Which really, I can understand why it's like that but it kinda punishes people who can't buy things off the website during a specific event. Can't afford to spend
    X dollars during X month? Whoops, sorry!
    Not that complaining is going to actually change anything since it is a business and they gotta pay them bills.
    Just a tad frustrating.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • It use to be that the wheel was a gamble, when averaged out it was okay returns...  but that was because some people got shit and others got amazingly expensive stuff.

Then people in October complained rather vocally. It was changed so it averaged out in a way that no one really felt jaded because all the prizes were 'okay'.

Seems like they've moved back to the original prize scattering.
  • Next stage everyone gets eagle wings at least once

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I'm not a big fan of gambling promos either way, but even when I read the announce on this one I felt like something was off, and I think @Asmodron hit it on the head with

Asmodron said:

A gamble within a gamble, and the box requires you to spin 3 times to get 3 of the same thing. Oh gosh

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Globes or bust for me.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I really wish we could buy spins with bound credits again :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm actually kinda relieved it's a wheel spin this time. I don't think I"ll be buying tokens, because my expenditure's been through the roof the last two months what with Christmas and Chinese New Year. I don't feel like I'm losing out spectacularly or anything since it's purely a gamble promo.

• But then Skye, newt week they are going to be adding the 'Heart throbs of Achaea' battlefigurine set to the wheel.
  • Did hte wheel once before, terrible prizes - lots of spins, loads of crates of crap.
  • Bear mount though

httpiimgurcomb5Mr04ejpg
  • *perk* BEAR?!
  • @Makarios @NicolaCan the chocolates at the very least be made non-decay so I can decide when I want to use them?
  • I figured after my comment, I would actually go back and really just do the math and see what I ended up with.

My total net take after trade in of things I don't need  was 20 spins ($160):  227CR, 25 upgrade CR and 429 lessons I still have 3 pouches and a lovebird to do something with.. Both mechanical boxes were a bust, and I'm not dropping 25cr to have that fail again, for talisman pieces I don't need.

I realize its all just luck in this case and if a stat altering dropped or such and such I would have came out just fine. Just kicking myself for not spending it last month, which would have been 550cr and 6 Crowns, for the same cost.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 2 balls of seftonium and a cerulean lifestone.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token and a robust party stick.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with bound credits.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a luxurious black top hat.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an aromatic velvet pouch.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 2 Lucrescent nuts and a group of 2 profithysts.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 2 Lucrescent nuts and a chunk of xerthyst.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with an aromatic velvet pouch.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a group of 2 Lucrescent nuts and a group of 2 shunstens.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a Brooch of the Tempest.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a mechanical box.
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token and a robust party stick.
  • The mechanical boxes are not very good IMO, I got nothing and a talisman piece for the wax set. Would be fine if getting lucky gave you a nice stash of pieces at least.
  • edited February 2017
    [spoiler]As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within...The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at an Ama-maalier! The box now shows 1 platinum whistle, 1 Tizane, and 1 Ama-maalier! With a discordent whine, a mechanical box crumples in upon itself, leaving a ginseng root behind.
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within...The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a Gerzson! The box now shows 1 Silon'ukia, 1 cookie jar, and 1 Gerzson! With a discordent whine, a mechanical box crumples in upon itself, leaving a group of 7 goldenseal roots behind.
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within...The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a Gattan'bahar! The box now shows 2 Gattan'bahars and 1 cookie jar! With a dispondent groaning, a mechanical box fades away. You will receive a consolation box once you open 2 more boxes with two of the same symbol!
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within...The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at an Asztrik! The box now shows 1 cookie jar, 1 forsaken Ithin'urai, and 1 Asztrik! With a discordent whine, a mechanical box crumples in upon itself, leaving a group of 4 goldenseal roots behind.
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within... The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a platinum whistle! The box now shows 3 platinum whistles! With a satisfying click, a mechanical box fades away, leaving a talisman piece behind. You have been awarded with a bucket's right side talisman piece!
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within... The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a Terrin'tuuran! The box now shows 3 Terrin'tuurans! With a satisfying click, a mechanical box fades away, leaving a talisman piece behind. You have been awarded with The lid for a canopic jar talisman piece! [/spoiler]

I opened 2 more yesterday and they turned into nothing as well, decided to be a guinea pig a little bit. Honestly not happy at all IMO, like I said, had all 3 rewarded 3 pieces it would have been 6 for 6 boxes on that, which I'd be ok with but 2 pieces for 150 credits is really 'Meh'.

Edit: Maybe this is how they are supposed to work? I know the death pieces have some amazing stuff in them though.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited February 2017
    I've opened five boxes at this point and I have literally nothing to show for it. That really shouldn't be the case, especially if you get it off a token spin.

EDIT: Especially when the wheel has dropped caches with guaranteed pieces in the past, with a chance for more than one piece. It might be the case that those might have been rarer, but that would actually be even worse, as these are taking up slots that other, decent rewards could take the place of. :(
    Huh. Neat.