Woodlore Animals

I may have missed this because I was away from the game for a while, but when did we lose the ability to summon more than two of our Woodlore animals at a time? Tried to summon the whole entourage last night, but it was a no-go. A classlead change at some point, I assume?

Comments

• Part of the total overhaul of the forestal classes last year.
  • Gotcha...waa checking through old posts but hadn't come across that one yet. Thanks.

• The offset to this was that we can now summon them while away from the forest.  And the enrage ability.
  • And they are much more powerful

• I had to go back looking through old files to help a Sentinel the other day.  I forgot how fast petrify can be.

• But they can be used only against adventurers
    Be wild; that is how to clear the river.
  • Keep in mind that you can SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE WOODLORE|SKIRMISHING|METAMORPHOSIS to easily track down posts summarising changes to abilities.

• Rangor said:
    And they are much more powerful

You can say that again (nearly a year on and I'm sitting here wondering how they haven't been classleaded against).
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

You can say that again (nearly a year on and I'm sitting here wondering how they haven't been classleaded against).
    Probably because there aren't enough Sentinels around? :P
  • Magenta said:
    Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

They have been classleaded each year, last round they got a slight buff on passive affs, this round they got that taken away again :(
  • Rangor said:
    Magenta said:
    Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

They have been classleaded each year, last round they got a slight buff on passive affs, this round they got that taken away again :(
    Wait... the passive affs I was getting hit with yesterday are POST-nerf?! GTFO of here
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Belerofon said:
    The offset to this was that we can now summon them while away from the forest.  And the enrage ability.
    How? Mine fox summons only from forest
    Be wild; that is how to clear the river.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You have to have AB WOODLORE NATIVITY. It's at Virtuoso.
  • with the changes, you should only be being hit by a single entities passive attacks, as teh sentinel will normally always enrage one animal each hit.

The only times i can think they wouldn't is when utilising handaxe.

Whilst using handaxe, the only passive afflictions from 2 entities would be a mixture of stupidity/confusion/paranoia - all of which are focusable.

If you are being hit by 2 entities passive affs at once, it means the sentinel isn't enraging and therefore stalling their own affliction rate, and leaving everything up to RNG, which is a bad decision.
  • @Telinus I think @Xaden was referencing when we were fighting you and @Iakimen. Maybe it was confusing because dragoncurse was proccing at the same time, but I was getting 3-4 affs simultaneously as well. Not sure if it was the Sentinel/Dragon combination or what, but that's a lot of affs.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • sentinel/dragon combo is pretty hot.
  • edited January 2017
    Well, dragon can give 2 affs + prone, if I enrage an entity + doublestrike and get a lucky timed entity passive, that's 6 affs at once. EDIT - from both the dragon and the sentinel combined, so 4 affs at once is possible if lucky RNG

I was also using handaxe till the last engagement, which is max 3 affs with a lucky passive - though all passives (and all bar 1 petrify aff) is focusable, so handaxe + passive should just make you use focus and eat 1 herb leaving one aff stuck, similar to how DW works (2 affs + a passive)
  • Necro... and for a different but related issue..

Just curious how people manage their attacks with the animals.  

I can't seem to find an offensive layout I like.  I hate the hardcoded 'kalmia;raven;dsl;summon' aliases and stuff.  I['ve tried a few different 'styles'.  I don't want to build a full AI offense or anything but I try to keep my typing to a minimum.  

Right now I have an alias that I can use dwb, dbw, drr, etc to doublestrike where the second character is the letter to enrage (r = raven, l = lemming, etc) and the third is the one to summon.   The 18 macros on the left are the venoms because I also use runie so I want to not misspell them.  But I can also vacocur to envenom with aconite/curare ( a hold over from an older attempt).   

Just curious how other people handle it because my index and middle finger are fixed (don't bend) and fingertip is missing on my ring finger on my left hand.  I can't stand the new Sentinel class because it's requires tracking whether to enrage, what pet to enrage, what to summon, limb to hit, type of attack (axe/spear) on every attack.  My old setup was so much easier.  top 6 macros were for targetting, middle 6 were axe, bottom 6 were other attacks, alias' made up the difference.

• I can probably help you with this Caelan - I like using keybinds for all of my attacks and have an approach that works well without a crapload of aliases.

If you're interested, hit me up next time we're around at the same time and I'll give you a demo!