Messages and Concerns

124»

Comments

• Last I heard the indefinite freeze was still active.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I am a big fan of requirements that build on each other, contribute somehow to the purpose of the House (and by extension the city), facilitate interaction and RP between proctor and student, etc. I feel like our reqs pull that off for the most part, but sometimes it can still be a case of checking things off a list. 

Laytron and Phelia have been amazing proctors for me because they truly interact and encourage me to improve with each task. They also share their own experiences and help Aerei grow. Assai has been pretty good about this as well. 

I am a passionate geek when it comes to building community and structure and all of that. If I had any input/control over requirements for other Houses I'd push for more reqs that:

involve new experiences for the student
    involve the student creating experiences for others (discussions, games, events, etc)
    focus on the student advancing primarily or entirely through projects that relate to what they're passionate about (theology, Divine lore, shopkeeping, combat strategy, exploration, etc)
    facilitate more interaction between students and teachers 

and I'd completely ditch requirements that make you regurgitate the same bullshit everyone else knows/has regurgitated (like tasks where you describe a plant or tell how inkmilling works). Ideally the progression system would be more ordered but also mor flexible in certain ways by molding to the student's interests (within the bounds of the House's purpose).

that would be ideal to me. Buuuuut I'm not in charge. Thankfully I feel like the Virtuosi are pretty much there for the most part and Prospero's order is getting there.
  • Re: Vesios's idea, the Ty Beirdd did do that. (Had an academy for non-beirdd people to study art.) Guessing it was nixed because Cyrene is pretty isolationist as well as neutral. But in the past it was one of my favorite things about the city. Sorry for any typos, on phone. Nowadays we invite everyone to perform at concerts but it's definitely not the same. I am grateful the Shield is always willing to train other Cyrenians. 
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    This is how I see it:

All kidding aside, it's hard for me to say which is better.  It would be nice to see more merit given for experience, though.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    That was spot on enough that I had to Google "ctrl alt del joining a guild" to make sure it wasn't actually about achaea... it's about eve online if anyone else was curious.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I must be a really weird person, then. For the most part, I enjoy tasks and stuff. I've enjoyed progressing in my House(Vanguard, HR6), and while City progression has been a bit rougher(probs my fault), I'm up to CR3 there too. I grinded till I got Dragon too, which was basically my primary goal from jump. Now I can raid and fight to my own contentment, because I lose like .5% xp instead of 5% xp, and .5 is soooo much easier to replace, lol. The only tasks I don't really like are the ones that say 'Do x for y amount of years before you can be promoted to z.'

The only real struggle I've had with getting advanced, as it were, is with Order stuff. But that's only been after the 'Do this do that get this done in x time.' stuff was out of the way, and people's subjectiveness comes into play. Not that I mind, it's just frustrating sometimes.

I also came to Achaea from other IRE games, and despite that I've been glad for the little tasks and the House/City progression and other stuff like that. Achaea is a lot different than the games I came from, and I feel like they've helped me get used to Achaea and how it works than I would have otherwise.

My bff also recommended that I'd enjoy Ashtan, and 10/10 would join again. The coms here are really chill, when I have questions they'll talk to me about stuff, even if I ask the same question a couple of times over the course of a few weeks because I have poor memory. I can basically do what I want, and I really enjoy that kind of free playstyle compared to others that are more restricted. What's that, you say? I can't bash these mobs because they're 'good' and we're 'good'? Shouldn't we be encouraging them to become stronger? Psh.