Simple Ideas

Comments

• Frederich said:
    Nah.  I don't mind at all.   Because it's good if the person actually just asks to duel.  It's just weirdly different.   Also,  eventually,  you can just sit on a ship or city, for 6 days. 
    I don't know about you, but a single death is worth a lot less to me than not bashing/exploring/interacting with anyone outside my city or off my ship for nearly a week. Especially as Dragon. I'm going to lose, what, .5%, maybe, with starburst? I understand getting frustrated when you die when you are honestly trying to succeed and win at a duel or being jumped. I get pissed when I die, even if I know I did most things correctly and the other person is just better (right now) and/or more practiced. But -one- death. One death, because you decided to join friends in trying to blow up a city in a room. Suppose it is a difference in priorities and opinions over what one death means. 
  • The only thing I really dislike about bounties is the whole turtling aspect. That's so insanely obnoxious. I can understand not agreeing to a duel... sorta... but if you don't agree to duel, and then spend the entire time you know someone has a bounty on you hiding in a city/ship until you know the timer runs out it's super frustrating and really kinda lame. (On the flip side, I can understand if someone asks for a duel and the person they have the bounty against is in the middle of something or not around long saying no. There's nothing that says someone's bounty on you has to take precedence over RP/RL.)

I'd love to see bounty "decay time" slowed or paused entirely if both the hunter and huntee are online at the same time and the offending party is just sittin' pretty in city/ship. And, preemptively cutting the head of the upcoming snake off early-- if the person who picked up the bounty stopped playing and became unranked, then the bounty would return to the boards for someone else to pick up.
  • I've had 2 experiences so far in my short amount of experience with bounties, where the target just ups and vanishes. I begin to assume they may be busy IRL or perhaps inactive, but as soon as the bounty is gone, I see them active again. It can be incredibly frustrating. In one experience, the individual got assaulted by me and escaped, and then in the rarity they left the city to hunt, they had some pretty heavy muscle standing there with them.

You can see why I would want more options for either more contracts or returning one.
  • Frederich said:
    Also,  eventually,  you can just sit on a ship or city, for 6 days. 
    If someone did this, I would definitely take it as more of a win than if they just sucked it up and dueled. Two minutes versus 6 days, I think the answer is obvious.

Personally what annoys me more are the ones who, when you ask for a duel (especially on the proviso that it gets removed if they win), they immediately jump to insults. Because screw polite conversation. Just say you'd rather not, it really isn't that hard.
  • IMO the bounty hunter can get the option to 'share' the bounty with other citizens for an RL hour or so.

Then if somebody only goes out when they can be with half a dozen assorted goons, the bounty hunters can recruit their own goons to counterbalance. Would also help when you need to recruit a serpent/monk/etc to get assistance in hitting somebody inside of a city, etc..
  • Aetolia has something very similar to this. Rather than 1 person claim a bounty, once a bounty is up any citizen can kill the target to claim it. Admittedly...this does have a slight troll factor to the poor victim that gets hunted by several individuals while it is up.
  • Aetolia doesn't have anything like that. You have to claim a bounty in Aetolia just like in Achaea.
  • Armali said:
    Aetolia doesn't have anything like that. You have to claim a bounty in Aetolia just like in Achaea.
    Huh...could have sworn the person becomes open pk to the org. I remember being hunted by several just for having a bounty. Perhaps im recalling something else.
  • Ah I thought so, just checked, bounties in Aetolia are definitely not limited to just 1 person attacking, as seen below:

In order to claim a bounty, you must first register your intent to claim it with the constabulary.
    Once you have registered yourself, if you slay the target of the bounty outside of an arena or open
    pk area (such as foci), then you will be granted the right to make full claim of the bounty and earn
    your keep. Only a full death will suffice for a valid claim on the bounty.
    Once the bounty is no longer valid, a message will be sent to all registrees and the target of the
    bounty that it has either been removed or claimed.

Note that when a bounty has been placed upon your head, the reason supplied by the setter will be
    made known to you. Thus, anyone who seeks to kill you will be doing so for this reason.

Related commands:

BOUNTIES                  : View all bounties that are set on your head.
    BOUNTY LIST               : View all listed bounties at a constabulary.
    BOUNTY INFO <person>      : Learn more information about a bounty.
    BOUNTY REGISTER <person>  : Register your intent to make a claim.
    BOUNTY CLAIM <person>     : Claim a bounty once the deed is done.

So basically anyone can 'register' their intent to try and kill the target, but whomever kills can then 'claim' the reward.
  • I've definitely taken bounties where the person is active for hours per day for weeks before I take it, then disappear for exactly 6 days after I take it. It's very frustrating, but if someone is that scared of a single death then I consider it a win keeping away from their character for a week. People like that shouldn't be playing Achaea.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Bounties should work like old contracts did (iirc). I say old contacts because I'm not sure how current contracts work, but old contracts would only tick down if you were on mainland and not on a ship or in a city.

Either that, or make them tick down only when on mainland (not on a ship) but offer a bonus percentage if completed within the confines of a city due to the additional challenge(s) presented.

• @Asmodron - That's not how it works either. You don't claim it until you have the corpse or their decapitated head. So like, if Duiran has a bounty on Hexes, anyone from Duiran can hunt Hexes until someone gets his head and goes to claim the bounty with it.

• It's Imperian with the org-wide open bounties.
     <3 
  • Bann said:
    Asmodron - That's not how it works either. You don't claim it until you have the corpse or their decapitated head. So like, if Duiran has a bounty on Hexes, anyone from Duiran can hunt Hexes until someone gets his head and goes to claim the bounty with it.

Aye that's what im saying. Only the one with the corpse can claim in the end. It is why I recall org-wide hunts on people with bounties and the troll-factor it would gain (especially with the idea of 'multiple' bounties on people).
  • Going back to the point, I think we can all agree the current bounty system would use some tweaks. I can understand why the bounty list is overflowing and most choose not to partake.

I wouldnt mind if there was a way to check and claim a bounty while not having to be at the board. Perhaps a mini-artifact from the shop of wonders? Could help with seeing an open target, getting into position, and at least having 1 chance to get them before they turtle.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Tbh, I'd prefer them just removing the line that says a bounty has been claimed for you.
    People who escape the first time - not impossibly difficult - will just issue (or hire a Mark, I suppose) because they didn't know it was a bounty, leading to more admin time spent sorting things out and less admin time spent on fun things.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Ryzeth said:
    Tbh, I'd prefer them just removing the line that says a bounty has been claimed for you. Make it similar to marks where you get notified when you die, that you were killed for a bounty.

Just give them notification when a bounty has been placed on the board. Keep them forever on edge, that they might get slain at any moment. Much more fun. :)
    I'd like this but I also think it would be neat to have a message letting people know the person they're trying to issue has a bounty on them and making them agree before it gets sent off. Its a nice way to clean up some issues before they even get started.
  • Not like there is any incentive to duel for a bounty. You win, they'll just try again or jump you. You lose, you lost. Except for when I came back from not playing for months and got got, I don't think anyone has really cashed in a bounty on me because I can get all my stuff done from guard stack. I'm not obligated to let you 'get me back' or pay for my crimes. I do think if it was less of a lose/lose, more people would duel? Maybe convert it to hours, only tick when they aren't in safety like old contracts and have beating the bountyhunter lessen time remaining by some amount? Now people can't do a me and sit on guards or qq it for 6 days, but a duel has a chance to let you lessen time so there's an actual point to it.
  • Most people are pretty good about not jumping you if you agreed to duel them and won the duel.

Then there are the others who will take a bounty and intentionally not kill you but jump you constantly for 6 days.

• Sarathai said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Tbh, I'd prefer them just removing the line that says a bounty has been claimed for you.
    People who escape the first time - not impossibly difficult - will just issue (or hire a Mark, I suppose) because they didn't know it was a bounty, leading to more admin time spent sorting things out and less admin time spent on fun things.
    The bolded is kind of a non-factor. Most people that actively do bounties don't really care about dying, hiring a mark also gives the person getting hired on a perfectly valid reason to go and kill them some more as well.

Italics I don't think is an issue at all; you get the message when you're bountied, rather than when the bounty is claimed. So you should expect to be slain at some point. For the ones who don't care about asking for a duel before claiming a bounty (which is fine; lots of people prefer the chase, over the fight itself)
  • edited January 2017
    ^ here an additional suggestion for bounty : automatic messsage to the victim of the bounty why it has happened after the bounty had been filled. That way they would know why they got killed for some reason. 

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited January 2017
    Getting back to bounties.

If we could have anything, I wouldnt mind if we could at least cancel a bounty after 1-2 RL day. For those that tried and failed or discovered their target just aint popping up. If for fairness, could make the bounty and reason removed as if the target was killed.

That or the concept in the other IRE of getting the kill and then claiming after (could be linked to deathsight code).
  • Can we get the Xorani illness listed in HELP XORAN?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited January 2017
    Achaean banks should give an interest rate of 0.05% per rl year, to replicate the "High Interest" rate advertised by Canadian banks.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • There is no way that the use of a single letter should work on nametells. I'm getting so tired of my 20 or so mistells per day that I keep receiving because players make the mistake of using "I" followed by whatever commands they enter.

I don't expect players not to use nametells because I do the same. But, please, please change the minimum letter count required to send tells.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    There is no way that the use of a single letter should work on nametells. I'm getting so tired of my 20 or so mistells per day that I keep receiving because players make the mistake of using "I" followed by whatever commands they enter.

I don't expect players not to use nametells because I do the same. But, please, please change the minimum letter count required to send tells.
    Feel the pain once you realise everyones target alias starts with 't'...
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    The real solution here is to delete nametells. A blight upon the world. 

• Skye said:
    The real solution here is to delete nametells. A blight upon the world. 
    No. The solution is, as I've said before, for them to be nametells, not partofnametells.
  • @Ismay at least your mistells are interesting. I just get whatever target they're trying to K(ill).