Simple Ideas

Comments

• Can we get a Depthswalker house? I realize that Houses in general accept most classes, but I'd love to see a House devoted to this concept. Just throwing it out there.,
  • Doubtful. We recently had a reduction in the overall number of Houses to keep a healthy population in all of them, a new House is unlikely before we get some more growth in the playerbase. You could, however, try to attract a large number of Depthswalkers to one specific House.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Rylez said:
    Can we get a Depthswalker house? I realize that Houses in general accept most classes, but I'd love to see a House devoted to this concept. Just throwing it out there.,
    Your best bet here is to start a clan, and if you wish, build it to High Clan status.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    There's a DW clan already, ask around for an invite. I'd be surprised if there weren't a few others, as well.

Also, aren't highclans on an indefinite hold? 
    Huh. Neat.
  • credits sell x at min (avg-600)
    credits sell x at max (avg+300)
    credits sell x at avg (avg)
    credits sell x at lowest (bestoffer-1)
  • edited December 2016
    Any chance we could purchase an artifact that would bestow the 'appearance' of a race, but keep your actual stats based on the race you have chosen?

Basically this is for aesthetics, and would grant someone that wants to play a race for RP, but doesnt want to affect their stats, to do so. It would basically just change the LOOK <person>/description to the specified race.
  • Krypton said:
    Dude... that's already a free feature of this game:
    Trey said:

He is a frog-like grook but is actually a Tsol'aa.  He is of a deep, ebony 
    complexion; skin of liquid shadow that consumes the light around him and warps 
    the air in a disturbing dissonance. His eyes, scarlet crimson orbs flecked with 
    vivid motes of effervescent mauve, shift from one direction to the next as they 
    survey his surroundings with a cruel disdain. His body is lithe, graceful and 
    tall, exuding a powerful, confident elegance with every calculated and 
    purposeful movement. Taut muscles press against his shadow-suffused skin, 
    lending a subtle strength to his limber physique. Smooth, soft lips of pale 
    sable easily twist into a sardonic smirk belonging to a being of an arrogant 
    disposition. Large, voluminous blue-black wings flare out from behind him. The 
    wings, slender and exquisite, are composed of strikingly vibrant feathers that 
    gleam with a dull effulgence. The tips end in an almost imperceptible splash of 
    silver-violet, though it is indiscernable as to whether it is natural or 
    something else entirely. From the crown of his head flows exotic, luxurious 
    silver tresses that fall just past his shoulders, infused with strands of deep 
    violet that weave fluidly down to the tips. A thick strand had been braided 
    neatly across the tip of his forehead while a shimmering curtain of 
    silver-violet frames his angular face to emphasize the slender, handsome bone 
    structure. A dark, narrow goatee over silvery hair traces the outline of his 
    face and gives a refined, sinister ambiance of nobility to his features. His 
    right arm extends into svelte fingertips that end in cruelly sharpened nails 
    tipped in a dark mauve shade, flexing nimbly as if in restless dispose. On the 
    other arm rests naught but a stump, his hand severed cleanly from the wrist. 

Get the fuck out, man.

what a handsome fellow! Top notch desc... i can understand the jealousy :)
  • edited December 2016
    A tsol'aa with wings, no less. Amazing.

Ugh. Reading the description of those wings gave me a headache. The rest of it was just high levels of wat.
  • Suffer well!
  • Achaea, where almost everyone is America's Next Top Model.
     <3 
  • wilderness arrow tag

someone organize it?
    spread positivity
  • Vender said:
    wilderness arrow tag

someone organize it?
    Can you explain this better?
  • Could we perhaps have the option added to Classlead list of REJECTED and APPROVED? For those of us that just wish to see which reports have been accepted and likely to see a change to come, as well as perhaps reports that were rejected and the reasoning behind it (for future report ideas).
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Asmodron that's literally already a thing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • classlead

Usage:
    CLASSLEAD LIST [<skill>|SUBMITTED|UNSUBMITTED|CENSURED|ENDORSED|MINE]
    CLASSLEAD SHOW <report #>

Ah it wasnt mentioned in the syntaxes. Lovely though
  • edited January 2017
    Bounties, while an interesting concept, have a fickle aspect to them. As it currently stands: you must be part of the army to claim bounties, you may only claim 1 bounty at a time, a bounty has a duration of 6 achaean months on it, and finally the duration will go down no matter what once it is claimed. Once you claim a bounty, your target can easily just wait it out in the city or simply stay on a ship/stay on guards/play skyrim until it fades. The worst part is knowing if your target is even that active these days, and ending up claiming a bounty on a target that happens to barely show up...leaving you twiddling your thumbs waiting for the timer to finish.This can be rectified with some very simple options.

Solutions:

1: Allow the claiming of two bounties at army rank 3 and three bounties at army rank 5. This would help with the issue of inactive bounties as well as to potentially clear up overflowing boards. It could additionally encourage people to want to get higher ranks in the army.

or

2: Allow a bounty-hunter after a set amount of time (1 Achaean month?) to return a bounty to the board, however this will return it with what duration is left (a minimum of 1 month). The target would receive a message akin to "The bountyhunter has given up on the hunt". This would work for both those that realize they cannot best a target, as well as if the target is simply inactive or waiting it out.

or

3: Allow a bounty-hunter after a set amount of time (1 Achaean month?) to return a bounty to the board, however this will return it with 3 months of duration left. If the duration left on the bounty is less than 3 months, then it will simply be returned with whatever duration is left. The target would receive a message akin to "The bountyhunter has given up on the hunt". This would work for both those that realize they cannot best a target, as well as if the target is simply inactive or waiting it out.

Edit: naturally there should be a cooldown with being able to use the command to return a bounty (1 achaean month?), so it isnt abused or simply made that once you return a bounty, you can no longer claim it again.
  • edited January 2017
    Problem with that @Asmodron is that there'll be a situation whereby Bounty Hunter A jumps the target and dies, then returning it to the board. Then Bounty Hunter B thinks 'well, I'm a better fighter than B, I can do that' and they take it... and fail, then C takes it and so on.

Meanwhile, the poor target is getting jumped by ever better opponents for six months.

Like Harry Dresden vs the Gruffs all over again.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Problem with that Asmodron is that there'll be a situation whereby Bounty Hunter A jumps the target and dies, then returning it to the board. Then Bounty Hunter B thinks 'well, I'm a better fighter than B, I can do that' and they take it... and fail, then C takes it and so on.

Meanwhile, the poor target is getting jumped by ever better opponents for six months.

Like Harry Dresden vs the Gruffs all over again.

But some things to consider.

if a bounty was returned, the timer would still be decreased and, if solution 3 was taken, then it would be reduced to 3 months left. Unless the individuals are waiting in a line hoping for it, it is very unlikely for the target to feel pressured. Additionally, it would still not be any different of a situations. Rather than the same person attempting, another person would be attempting the bounty, the timer continues to tic away during it all. Dont forget, the timer goes down no matter what, and a lot of bounty targets have the timer drop massively simply by hanging in the city and chatting with someone. It is rare for a target to always be in a prime situation for an attack.
  • Or you could do what lots of people do 'tell <whoever> duel for this bounty?'
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Or you could do what lots of people do 'tell <whoever> duel for this bounty?'

Right but that also depends on several factors.

1: Do they want to?

2: It's not about dueling.

There seems to be this new fad going around of bounties meaning duels and people generally having to accept them. You'd be surprised how many would rather avoid being pummeled easily by Jhui in a 'duel' (more like a massacre). Some of us out there enjoy doing it and getting it over with, some others prefer the chase and thrill, while even some would prefer (for some reason) avoidance.

Cannot depend on the idea of people asking and agreeing to duel for their bounty.
  • Makes no sense to expect the bounty hunter to play by any sort of fair rules. You aggressed against the city. The city is retaliating. It's very unsatisfying retaliation if the target doesn't suffer.
  • I send a tell, if they say no then I make it my mission to make them hate saying no.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Tbh.  The issue that i have with the bounty system is that if the person FAILS to kill you in a duel... they can just try try again and harrass you for the next 6 ooc days until it's failed by time. 

The mark system has it so if they fail,  they get fucking smacked for it and it's over.   City bounties shouldn't just get to be a free ticket to spam attack someone, despite dying to them x amount of times. 
  • Why not?

You plainly did something to hurt the city. Why can't they hurt you back?
  • I'm not saying they cant.  Im saying that them getting to attack you until you die once makes it way different than mark and kind of silly.
  • edited January 2017
    And I'm saying that bounties are kinda different from marks, and that they're not really silly at all. You did something bad. You don't get to fight off retaliation once and then say neener neener neener, you can't touch me. Why? That's ridiculous.

If you don't want to get PK'd, don't do something worth being bountied/PK'd over.
  • Nah.  I don't mind at all.   Because it's good if the person actually just asks to duel.  It's just weirdly different.   Also,  eventually,  you can just sit on a ship or city, for 6 days.